+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sun Belt and Its Fans

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: The Sun Belt and Its Fans

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Anybody else find it telling that virtually every sun belch post is the same in they:

-go on and on trying to convince us how much we suck, and
    -go on and on trying to convince us how the sun belch is really where we belong.

I wonder if we'll reach the same level of self loathing and misery wallowing if we join (boy wouldn't that be great).
    You know the old saying, "Misery loves company".

The Sunbelt Conference is so low that the SBC needs Louisiana Tech MUCH worse than Louisiana Tech needs the Sunbelt. SBC fans would love to be joined by a quality school --like Tech-- that's played at a higher level over an extended period of time. Getting Tech to join the Sunbelt would really give the Sunbelt a boost in respectability. But it isn't going to happen.

HD

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDawg
    Anybody else find it telling that virtually every sun belch post is the same in they:

-go on and on trying to convince us how much we suck, and
    -go on and on trying to convince us how the sun belch is really where we belong.

I wonder if we'll reach the same level of self loathing and misery wallowing if we join (boy wouldn't that be great).

Finally, this blue pride dude is certifiable. Are you serious? First of all, how can a school (sans its people) "burn in hell" (as you so eloquently put it)? Do you want the BUILDINGS to burn in hell? If so, which ones? Nethkin? Carson Taylor? There was a time I myself wished George T. Madison hall to a fiery damnation. But I got my D in Differential Equations and agreed to let bygones be bygones.

Secondly, how is it that you actually know the names of our president and AD? I'm not sure I could name one upper level official at ANY sun belt school. We really are a fascination to you, aren't we?

Just out of curiosity. Do you check under your bed for Tech fans when you go to sleep at night? Are you afraid to say "F. Jay Taylor" three times real fast while looking in a mirror?

Up the voltage......
    Austin , there were several times during my fr. year I wanted Neilson burnt to the ground.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southerndawg323
    In all seriousness Blue Raider, it's obvious that you guys have the most talent in the BELT how come you can't get past North Texas, watching them play on television they look horrible.
    C'mon Southerndawg, MTSU is the school that lost their opener to Florida Atlantic last season. No wonder blueraider wants Northeast La to join the quasi-I-A sunbelt.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderPride
    In case you haven't gotten the hint, and in this case you apparently have not.

We don't want Louisiana Tech in the Sun Belt. And I sure as hell don't want your God-forsaken school in the Sun Belt.

But it is necessary to remind you folks that we are tired of hearing your constant b!tching about the Sun Belt and your president's constant whining to every freakin' newspaper in the Western United States about how La Tech will stay and survive in the WAC!! BULLSH!T!!!

Most of us want a LOYAL, HONORABLE, and SANE institution of higher learning to join the Sun Belt. Louisiana Tech does not fit any one of those three adjectives! Louisiana-Monroe does.

Personally, I hope La Tech (the school, not the people associated with it) burns in Hell where it belongs.

Louisiana Tech's attitude in all this is an exact representation of what is wrong the world today. La Tech only cares about themselves and no one else! La Tech is egotistical, dishonorable, disloyal, selfish, and above all--STUPID, IGNORANT, and FOOLISH!!!

I don't want a junky school in the Sun Belt that has to rely on rich donors to make all the decisions for an institution's athletic programs!!

And whether Reneau or Oakes wants to admit it, they are nothing more than little whores and b!tches at the beckon call of a handful of wealthy businessmen in Ruston who just so happen to be La Tech alumni!!!

HOW PATHETIC!!
    That you can get so upset and personally insulted by happenings in the world of college athletics that have nothing directly to do with you is a strong insight and testament to the kind of sad, miserable existance you must lead.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

I think we would have had Louisiana-Lafayette been our first ever win over a 1-A team as a 1-A team. But they weren't. Louisiana Tech was.

BTW, we were talking about "MT's best day". We've had better days, like in 2001 when we crushed Troy 54-17 and defeated Vanderbilt 38-27.
    When wins over powerhouses like Troy State and freaking Vanderbilt are the high points in your schools athletic history, that is just bad. I can't even think up any smart-a$$ comments to make about it, it is just so bad. Get a real mascot:

Puppy southerndawg323 is an unknown

well I was trying to be nice oh well.

Puppy BongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to allBongDog is a name known to all BongDog's Avatar

In case you haven't gotten the hint, and in this case you apparently have not.

We don't want Louisiana Tech in the Sun Belt. And I sure as hell don't want your God-forsaken school in the Sun Belt.

But it is necessary to remind you folks that we are tired of hearing your constant b!tching about the Sun Belt and your president's constant whining to every freakin' newspaper in the Western United States about how La Tech will stay and survive in the WAC!! BULLSH!T!!!

Most of us want a LOYAL, HONORABLE, and SANE institution of higher learning to join the Sun Belt. Louisiana Tech does not fit any one of those three adjectives! Louisiana-Monroe does.

Personally, I hope La Tech (the school, not the people associated with it) burns in Hell where it belongs.

Louisiana Tech's attitude in all this is an exact representation of what is wrong the world today. La Tech only cares about themselves and no one else! La Tech is egotistical, dishonorable, disloyal, selfish, and above all--STUPID, IGNORANT, and FOOLISH!!!

I don't want a junky school in the Sun Belt that has to rely on rich donors to make all the decisions for an institution's athletic programs!!

And whether Reneau or Oakes wants to admit it, they are nothing more than little whores and b!tches at the beckon call of a handful of wealthy businessmen in Ruston who just so happen to be La Tech alumni!!!

HOW PATHETIC!!
    Whoa, BlueRaiderDude, you need to get a firm grasp on reality and alter your perception. Sinsemilla works for most paranoids; maybe you should try it because the lithium ain't getting it done for you!

Puppy BlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around hereBlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    C'mon Southerndawg, MTSU is the school that lost their opener to Florida Atlantic last season. No wonder blueraider wants Northeast La to join the quasi-I-A sunbelt.
    Please tell me more about Louisiana Tech's last outting against a 1-AA team.

It was during the 2000 season and the opponent was Stephen F. Austin.

Care to elaborate? Tell me why has La Tech been so gutless in scheduling 1-AA's? How do we know La Tech is above the 1-AA ranks?

I'm not so sure La Tech could've beaten Florida Atlantic. In fact, judging how bad ya'll did last year, I'd say FAU would've manhandled LTU, but that's speculation that can't be proven until Oakes gets the balls to schedule 1-AA teams that have the potential to ruin Louisiana Tech's image. One word for your Athletic Director--COWARD!

La Tech says they'll take on anyone "anytime and anywhere". Yeah RIGHT!

Puppy southerndawg323 is an unknown

Dude, are you obsessed with Louisiana Tech. How do you come up with all this information about Tech. Ladies in Gentlemen i believe we have found a stalker. Look man i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt in here but some of the crap that comes out your mouth is mind boggling. Yes our football team is not in the best of hands when it comes to leadership(I believe everyone knows who I'm talking about) but the fact that we are in the WAC and not the Sun belt gives us a reason not to play 1-AA schools. Could some 1-AA schools have beaten us last year, yep, but we also beat Michigan State, this program under Bicknell is one thing:inconsistent! At least since 2000 we have won a conference championship while you continue to underachieve in the Sun Belt.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I want IAA teams on our schedule at this point. With a new DC, QB, and a head coach who is on shaky ground, it would be too risky.

Instead, we need to pad our schedule with more Sunbelt teams to insure some victories. It will get our QB some confidence and allow JBIII to bow out gracefully as a winner.

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    Of course, when I think of institutions of higher learning, UL-Monroe IMMEDIATELY comes to mind. Right along with MTSU, Delgado Community College, Diesel Driving Academy, ... you get the point. No one is claiming that Tech is along the same academic lines of Harvard or the athletic lines of LSU. However, we do have what some people call "aspirations". Just because there are schools in the Belt that have higher athletic budgets than Tech means nothing. It just means you can suck in a nicer stadium then we have.
    Gentlemen,

While I don't agree with Semper posting negative comments about YOUR school and team on YOUR board, I do have to say that the above statements is ridiculous...Here are MT's admission requirements:

a minimum 3.0 GPA
    a minimum composite ACT of 22 (SAT of 1020)

a minimum 2.7 GPA and minimum ACT of 19 (SAT of 900)
    satisfy the NCAA standards for student athletes who are qualifiers or partial qualifiers under Division I guidelines

I haven't looked up the requirements for La.Tech, but I would venture to guess that they aren't much higher if at all.

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

From your admissions department:

Applicants for freshman admission should meet ONE of the following requirements for admission:

1. Have an overall 2.30/4.00 grade point average on the courses listed below,

or
    2. Rank in the upper 35 percent of the graduation class,

or
    3. Have a 22 composite ACT or 1020 SAT V+M

All applicants must have at least a composite ACT score of 15 or a SAT Verbal+Math score of 710.

"AT least a 15 ACT?"

C'mon guys...Talk smack about football, but don't talk about admissions standards...NO ONE will get into MT with a 15 ACT...Period.

Champ bad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to allbad_man is a name known to all bad_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFn
    From your admissions department:

Applicants for freshman admission should meet ONE of the following requirements for admission:

1. Have an overall 2.30/4.00 grade point average on the courses listed below,

or
    2. Rank in the upper 35 percent of the graduation class,

or
    3. Have a 22 composite ACT or 1020 SAT V+M

All applicants must have at least a composite ACT score of 15 or a SAT Verbal+Math score of 710.

"AT least a 15 ACT?"

C'mon guys...Talk smack about football, but don't talk about admissions standards...NO ONE will get into MT with a 15 ACT...Period.
    If you will go to www.princetonreview.com and research both schools, you will find that the average incoming freshman ACT score for both schools is 22.

Incoming freshman avg. high school GPA:
    La Tech. 3.30
    MTSU 2.96

This data shows me that your "superior" academic admission standards produce the same (if not lower based on HS GPA) average incoming freshman.

Translation:
    If you assume that our average freshman scores are brought down by our "lower" academic standards, our higher end students kick the crap out of yours.

If it's supported by data, it's not talking smack...it's talking FACT.

Puppy Bolt of Lightning is an unknown

BlueRaider is right. Semper gets a little psycho sometimes but that's okay. Crazy fans make the experience more enjoyable. I can say that I'm interested in getting the pulse of La Tech supporters through all this realignment stuff. It's been interesting, so that's the reason I'm reading. Just curious to see what you guys think.

For a more level headed approach let me first say that Middle Tennessee took a grand total of 0 drop downs. Our AD at the time - Lee Fowler who's now at NC State - screwed the pooch for us on that one. He made a decision not to allow transfers come from any other Division I-A schools. Why I don't know. It seems like you would want to take that advantage, but we didn't so any success we've had was really based on the dedicated I-AA kids that stuck it out and few recruiting successes.

Another question I would like to address is the one about us having the most talent yet can't get past North Texas. That's a damn good question. Possibly, it could be that our head coach is over selling the talent and underperforming, or maybe these recruting bureaus have no clue what they are talking about. Coaching has been a problem. We have lost about 15 coaches to the SEC, Big XII, and NFL over the last four years. The seniors on our offensive line will have their fourth different offensive line coach in four years. That probably doesn't help any.

The final point I will make regards the poster who says 99 percent of La Tech's athletics are superior to Middle Tennessee's and the SBC. That I will have to strongly disagree with. I will just compare Middle Tennessee and Louisiana Tech.

Baseball
    LT: 19-35
    MT: 37-18

Basketball
    LT: 15-15
    MT: 17-12 (BTW, we signed the number 14 recruiting class according to HoopScoop Magazine)

WBB
    LT: Granted I will give you women's basketball but
    MT: went 24-8 with a win over North Carolina in the NCAA Tourney

Track
    LT: Tech has a decent track program but
    MT: Top 25 all season, the nations fatest athlete in Mardy Scales (won the 100-m last year and could do it again this year; Two Top three relay teams in the nation

Golf:
    LT: Placed 10th in the WAC
    MT: Well not much better this season ourselves

Softball
    LT: 27-33
    MT: 35-23

There may be some other chick sports but I'm tired of typing now. I think I've made my point though. La Tech is anything but dominant and outside of football there isn't much advantage to being in the WAC from a sport-to-sport perspecitve over the SBC. The Belt's RPIs are fairly equivolent to the WAC in the sports that have RPI (MBB, WBB, Baseball)

But good luck with these awesome teams you have and all that money you're going to dump into travel. Frankly, its fine with me. While you guys are using your athletic budgets to pay for travel the rest of us will continue to build our infrastructure and programs. Please stay in the WAC. North Texas and Middle Tennessee will both be more attractive to C-USA when the next realignment occurs five or six years down the road.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt of Lightning
    BlueRaider is right. Semper gets a little psycho sometimes but that's okay. Crazy fans make the experience more enjoyable. I can say that I'm interested in getting the pulse of La Tech supporters through all this realignment stuff. It's been interesting, so that's the reason I'm reading. Just curious to see what you guys think.

For a more level headed approach let me first say that Middle Tennessee took a grand total of 0 drop downs. Our AD at the time - Lee Fowler who's now at NC State - screwed the pooch for us on that one. He made a decision not to allow transfers come from any other Division I-A schools. Why I don't know. It seems like you would want to take that advantage, but we didn't so any success we've had was really based on the dedicated I-AA kids that stuck it out and few recruiting successes.

Another question I would like to address is the one about us having the most talent yet can't get past North Texas. That's a damn good question. Possibly, it could be that our head coach is over selling the talent and underperforming, or maybe these recruting bureaus have no clue what they are talking about. Coaching has been a problem. We have lost about 15 coaches to the SEC, Big XII, and NFL over the last four years. The seniors on our offensive line will have their fourth different offensive line coach in four years. That probably doesn't help any.

The final point I will make regards the poster who says 99 percent of La Tech's athletics are superior to Middle Tennessee's and the SBC. That I will have to strongly disagree with. I will just compare Middle Tennessee and Louisiana Tech.

Baseball
    LT: 19-35
    MT: 37-18

Basketball
    LT: 15-15
    MT: 17-12 (BTW, we signed the number 14 recruiting class according to HoopScoop Magazine)

WBB
    LT: Granted I will give you women's basketball but
    MT: went 24-8 with a win over North Carolina in the NCAA Tourney

Track
    LT: Tech has a decent track program but
    MT: Top 25 all season, the nations fatest athlete in Mardy Scales (won the 100-m last year and could do it again this year; Two Top three relay teams in the nation

Golf:
    LT: Placed 10th in the WAC
    MT: Well not much better this season ourselves

Softball
    LT: 27-33
    MT: 35-23

There may be some other chick sports but I'm tired of typing now. I think I've made my point though. La Tech is anything but dominant and outside of football there isn't much advantage to being in the WAC from a sport-to-sport perspecitve over the SBC. The Belt's RPIs are fairly equivolent to the WAC in the sports that have RPI (MBB, WBB, Baseball)

But good luck with these awesome teams you have and all that money you're going to dump into travel. Frankly, its fine with me. While you guys are using your athletic budgets to pay for travel the rest of us will continue to build our infrastructure and programs. Please stay in the WAC. North Texas and Middle Tennessee will both be more attractive to C-USA when the next realignment occurs five or six years down the road.
    Apples and Oranges, man. Perhaps you forgot to notice that y'all play a Sunbelt schedule. All of your sports results have to be viewed in that context.

+ Reply to Thread