+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've been converted

Puppy southerndawg323 is an unknown

Re: I've been converted

I meant the sunbelt before the football started, when a team can go to a bowl with a losing record, hey wait thats you guys, besides your running back and DTackle you guys resemble a good TEXAS high school.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bad_man
    I say we stay pushing for improvment until we are so destitute that we have to drop to 1-AA. I would rather skip over the Belt on the way down than be a member of it.
    WRONG!

1-AA is on the way down to the Belt, not the other way around.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southerndawg323
    I meant the sunbelt before the football started, when a team can go to a bowl with a losing record, hey wait thats you guys, besides your running back and DTackle you guys resemble a good TEXAS high school.
    Whatever you say. No doubt a good Texas 5A High School football team could probably beat your ferocious Dawgs!!!! LOL!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeepGreen
    Whatever you say. No doubt a good Texas 5A High School football team could probably beat your ferocious Dawgs!!!! LOL!
    You're one to talk, DG.

I guess your forgot that "Booger" Kennedy is GONE now. UNT will lose the SunBelch this year and be a distant memory this time next year. LOL!

By the way, didn't I read that "Booger" did NOT get drafted by the NFL? Is that right? If so, the NFL guys obviously have the same lack of respect for the SBC that we all do. HA!

HD

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

The long term plan for La. Tech is to stay in the WAC 2 more years, do what we have to do and when conference usa comes calling again give them a better product.>>>>>>>>

thats not going to happen......

rest assured that WILL NOT happen.......

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for your input, bustle. Man, I guess we need to change our direction now. Bustle has spoken.

You belters just crack me up. The all knowing fans from the bottom of the barrel conference. Do you even know that your conference is a laughing stock?

Varsity Bulldog bustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebustle Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Champion, old buddy old pal.....

lets not talk about laughing stocks.........

Take one school with a huge ego( we beat bama in 2000, LOL!). Mix in some delusional fans( UHHHHHH, why wouldnt cusa want us? we are La Tech) Add a pinch of zero facility improvements( where is my dang jumbotron)....just a touch of sending volleyball, and tiddlywinks to Hawaii( I bet that maxed a few credit cards out...LOL)
    Finally a smidgin of we are bottom dwellers in our wacked out conference.

Being passed over by Tulsa UTEP and Rice, two teams with absolutely NO athletic tradition to speak of????????

Thats a laughing stock...........

Something will break loose in the next few years.......there have already been discussions with UAB, USM, and Memphis.............it might not be called CUSA anymore.

Ya know, if you guys improve facilities, and win a few football games, WE might might even invite you to join us.......

Varsity Bulldog BlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeBlueRaiderFn Ultimate jerk and not worth your time BlueRaiderFn's Avatar

Idaho's WAC hopes get big boost
    North Texas not interested in leaving Sun Belt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nick Jezierny

The Idaho Statesman | Edition Date: 05-27-2004
    The Idaho Vandals have received a serious dose of good news in their quest to join the Western Athletic Conference.

North Texas, the WAC's top target for potential expansion, is not interested in joining the conference, university president Norval Pohl said Wednesday.

That means North Texas is staying in the Sun Belt. Idaho wants to leave the Sun Belt for the WAC.

"With the WAC, it just doesn't seem to make sense for us," Pohl said. "Really, what we want to do is play regionally. It really didn't seem to make sense with how the conference is currently configured. It's just something that wasn't attractive to us.

"We just didn't think it fit. We took a long time to analyze this. It wasn't the right fit for us, and I don't think it was the right fit for them."

That is good news for Idaho.

"You bet it is," Idaho athletic director Rob Spear said.

The Vandals are now the only candidate left for WAC expansion, if the conference continues to explore that option. The conference dropped to eight schools in April when UTEP bolted for Conference USA.

The WAC's league presidents meet June 3-4 in Half Moon Bay, Calif. They could vote on expansion then, but a decision would have to be made no later than June 30. That's the deadline for Idaho to notify the Sun Belt that it would be leaving the conference.

Membership changes would go into effect for the 2005-06 school season.

North Texas was the WAC's top choice for potential expansion because of its metropolitan location near Dallas and its successful football program. The location in the Central time zone also would have made the school an ideal travel partner for WAC member Louisiana Tech.

Pohl said Idaho is a better fit for the WAC.

"I think it's probably in their best interests," he said. "Idaho playing in Florida doesn't make any sense. It's like us going to play in San Jose or Hawaii. The time zone thing was big for us."

Sun Belt commissioner Wright Waters said two other schools in his conference, Middle Tennessee and Louisiana-Lafayette, have been mentioned as possible WAC candidates, but have no interest in joining.

WAC commissioner Karl Benson said expansion will be a key agenda item at next week's meetings.

“I think it’s certainly one of the more critical agenda items because of the importance to the WAC’s future,” he said.

Earlier this month, the WAC athletic directors met and the consensus was to expand by at least one school. Benson said nothing is set in stone.

“The first thing we have to decide, and we haven’t decided, is whether there is a need to expand beyond the eight members,” he said.
    The 2005 membership of the WAC is Boise State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Louisiana Tech, Nevada, New Mexico State, San Jose State and Utah State.

The conference doesn’t need to add members, but will consider it because eight is not the optimal number for football scheduling. Nine is the ideal number for football because it creates an equal number of home and away games and allows schools to play every team in the conference every year.

“The only thing driving us to add a school is the football scheduling piece,” Benson said.

That’s what made North Texas an interesting candidate. The Mean Green have won three consecutive Sun Belt football crowns.
    Benson said his conference had discussions with North Texas, but never extended an official invitation to the Mean Green.

“With Louisiana Tech remaining in the WAC, we looked at the advantage of having a school in the Central time zone,” Benson said. “What North Texas would have been is a bridge to Louisiana Tech, but that bridge isn’t necessary for the WAC to be successful.”

Idaho continues to lobby hard for admission to the conference. The school invited Benson to tour the Moscow campus last week, which he did.

Spear also made a presentation to the WAC’s athletic directors.

“I thought it was well received,” Spear said.

That presentation included an overview of the state, university and athletic department. It also focused on travel , facilities and academics.

“We wanted to show them what the WAC would do for the U of I and what the university would do for the WAC,” Spear said.

Benson wouldn’t talk much about his visit to Idaho, but he did say it looks as if the school has a plan to expand its facilities.

“It appears they have a commitment to improve and upgrade their facilities,” Benson said. “They demonstrated that they are going to continue to improve them. They have a plan in place.”

Spear said new Idaho president Tim White will make a similar presentation to the WAC presidents next week.

“We feel our position obviously has improved,” Spear said. “We’ve done everything we can do to this point. Hopefully, it works out for us.”

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

the wac needs to add idaho for all sports. they also need to bring in denver to replace tech, so we can stay as football only. wworks for denver, idaho, the wac, the belt, and tech. we can find somewhere cheaper to play our other sports.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRaiderFn
    Idaho's WAC hopes get big boost
    North Texas not interested in leaving Sun Belt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That means North Texas is staying in the Sun Belt. Idaho wants to leave the Sun Belt for the WAC.

"With the WAC, it just doesn't seem to make sense for us," Pohl said. "Really, what we want to do is play regionally. It really didn't seem to make sense with how the conference is currently configured. It's just something that wasn't attractive to us.

"We just didn't think it fit. We took a long time to analyze this. It wasn't the right fit for us, and I don't think it was the right fit for them."
    The same thing UTEP officials were saying one month before their C-USA invite.

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by killerdawg
    The same thing UTEP officials were saying one month before their C-USA invite.
    No they said.

"We are definitely on their list as a possible member," UTEP's sixth-year athletics director said. "What does that mean to us? Well, if they call us and ask us if we're interested in being a member, we'd have to analyze all of the advantages and disadvantages and determine if it's in our best interest."
    and

"The main advantage for somebody like us is you're dealing with other Texas schools," Stull said. "Most of our recruits are from Texas and a lot of our alumni base is in Dallas and Houston. There'd be definite value in that, especially in that particular half of Conference USA. Negatives are, instead of going to Hawaii, we're going the opposite way to Florida."
    and

UTEP athletic director Bob Stull says he's not had any communication with CUSA officials other than a visit from league consultant Chuck Neinas. Stull says there's no reason to analyze what they will or won't do at this stage. He adds, that the school is very happy in the Western Athletic Conference.
    UTEP never ruled out CUSA membership.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bustle
    Champion, old buddy old pal.....

lets not talk about laughing stocks.........

Take one school with a huge ego( we beat bama in 2000, LOL!). Mix in some delusional fans( UHHHHHH, why wouldnt cusa want us? we are La Tech) Add a pinch of zero facility improvements( where is my dang jumbotron)....just a touch of sending volleyball, and tiddlywinks to Hawaii( I bet that maxed a few credit cards out...LOL)
    Finally a smidgin of we are bottom dwellers in our wacked out conference.

Being passed over by Tulsa UTEP and Rice, two teams with absolutely NO athletic tradition to speak of????????

Thats a laughing stock...........

Something will break loose in the next few years.......there have already been discussions with UAB, USM, and Memphis.............it might not be called CUSA anymore.

Ya know, if you guys improve facilities, and win a few football games, WE might might even invite you to join us.......
    Try looking at more recent wins that we have over BCS teams. Are you dense? WE ARE LOUISIANA TECH and you are on OUR board. I guess it is just another case of envy for anyone to spend this much time on someone else's turf. There is no cure for when you start getting that envy, though. So, just hang tight, it will eat you alive. Stage 2 of the illness is increasing your posts on this board. Pretty soon you will be posting everyday. Are you to stage 2 yet?

So, you belters are celebrating losing another team? I hate that North Texas will not consider leaving, but it is no skin off of our backs. Actually, their name brings down the reputation of the WAC.

What you guys going to do when a couple of those 1aa's don't make it to the next step? OR, let's say that UNT or ULL does get a future invite to CUSA..... Hmmmmm....... Looks like the belt could be at the bottom of the barrel soon. OH, THAT'S RIGHT! THEY ALREADY ARE!

Varsity Bulldog arkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nicearkstfan is just really nice

I am certainly celebrating that someone else will be flying to Idaho

Puppy BlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around hereBlueRaiderPride isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by arkstfan
    I am certainly celebrating that someone else will be flying to Idaho
    Wonder who that will be?

+ Reply to Thread