+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What about Gonzaga?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

What about Gonzaga?

And Idaho ... Idaho for all, Gonzaga for everything but football.

9 for football, 10 for bball. Scheduling is much nicer ...

This has been thrown out a few times on the WAC forum. I have heard that the presidents are not for this, but as a fan, what would you think?

I am for this. If we add to the top in basketball then we are adding back to the revenue stream where we are losing now. We turn the WAC into a 3 bid league and it helps out tremendously. Gonzaga adds IMHO. I say do this and start pouring things into the men basketball program at Tech.

Drop the Hardings and add some decent home games in the OOC. Add Gonzaga and have us help out the RPI and this plan can work.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: What about Gonzaga?

Sounds like a good plan to me. They are always in the tournament in MBB. They would certainly improve the RPI, and the payouts each year.

Bleed Tech Blue! JAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to beholdJAY is a splendid one to behold JAY's Avatar

would idaho for football only benefit tech better than if they joined for all sports?

it would be one less western trip for our basketball teams to make. last year we had 18 conference games, with an 8 team wac, we would only have 14 games. we would have 4 extra nonconference games to try and play regional teams.

I would realy like to start a series with ualr and uno so we can play games in those markets and they are easy to get to. once smu and rice leave the wac, we will need to play someone from dallas and houston in basketball and football too for that matter. we need to keep our presence in texas.

We would not have to divide any basketball revenue with idaho if they were football only.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

I do not get why we don't play Texas-Arlington and North Texas in bball, home one year and away the next. They are close by, plus we really need to recruit the Dallas Area really hard, you play where you recruit. I just don't get why Oakes has us play in bball tournaments in Wyoming, when we can play SLC teams, home one year and away the next that are close by. I think we should play ULM, home one year and away the next in bball, because at Ruston or Monroe it is really a Tech home game, the same deal with Centenary too.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    I do not get why we don't play Texas-Arlington and North Texas in bball, home one year and away the next. They are close by, plus we really need to recruit the Dallas Area really hard, you play where you recruit. I just don't get why Oakes has us play in bball tournaments in Wyoming, when we can play SLC teams, home one year and away the next that are close by. I think we should play ULM, home one year and away the next in bball, because at Ruston or Monroe it is really a Tech home game, the same deal with Centenary too.
    Good Post LBP. Plus I there are lot of us that live in D/FW that don't get a chance to see some of the non-FB sports becuase we cant get to Ruston during the week. Plus it just looks a lot better on the schedule than Harding.

+ Reply to Thread