Man Throws Poisonous Snake Into Crowded Bar

POSTED: 9:24 am EDT June 16, 2004
UPDATED: 9:39 am EDT June 16, 2004

WEIRD PHOTOS: News Of The Strange Slideshow
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho -- An Idaho man has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly throwing a rattlesnake into a crowded bar.

Police say he walked into an Idaho Falls bar on Monday, pulled a three-and-a-half-foot-long rattler from his pocket and threw it into a crowd.

Bar patrons used a crutch to sweep the angry snake to a cleared area, and then wrapped a T-shirt around its head before picking it up and dropping it into a bucket. No one was hurt.

If convicted, the man could face up to five years in prison.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

There are several things that are just plain WRONG about this whole deal. First off, who in their right mind puts a 3-1/2 foot rattlesnake in their pocket to start with?!? And then to put your HAND in there to pull it out? And does anything strike you as strange as to the response of the crowd? I mean, it's like it happens every day. "Just get ole stump's crutch and kick it over there. Bubba, take off your shirt and put it over it's head. Now Fingers, you grab it and drop it in my bucket here and I'll take 'em outside and let him loose."

Maybe we should have a thread dedicated to Weird News from around the world. Just post them here.

And I'll warn you, the pictures linked in the article have nothing to do with this article and some of them aren't for the faint of heart.

TDF