+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lost Opportunity?

Big Dog TXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the roughTXDAWG81 is a jewel in the rough TXDAWG81's Avatar

Re: Lost Opportunity?

....and how many football playing colleges are within 100 miles of LTU?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TXDAWG81
    ....and how many football playing colleges are within 100 miles of LTU?
    5 that I can think of--
    ULM in IA, Grambling and NSU in IAA, Southern Arkansas in Division II, and Louisiana College in Division III.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    5 that I can think of--
    ULM in IA, Grambling and NSU in IAA, Southern Arkansas in Division II, and Louisiana College in Division III.
    Be careful, or you two are gonna talk yourself into suicide.

HD

Puppy gostAte is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    If the folks in Fayetteville were as negative as you, they wouldn't be selling 60K seats per game to Arkansas Razorback games. Fayetteville is not in a highly populated area. I was on the UoA campus yesterday and I was amazed at how similar the UofA campus is to Tech's (save for the stadium and athletic facilities, of course). The surrounding communities are very similar.

HD
    I forgot how funny this thread was. What Fayettville did you go to? The Fayettville, AR I know is nothing like Ruston, LA. I recently drove through Ruston on my way somewhere else, just to check it out.
    Last edited by gostAte; 07-12-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I got my master's from Tech in 1964 and taught a year at Delta State before moving to Tahlequah, Okla., to teach at Northeastern State.
    My first summer in Fayetteville was 1966. I attended LSU grad the previous summer. But Tahlequah is only about 70 scenic miles from Fayettenam.
    The point is that the main differences between Fayetteville and Ruston at that time was few: Elevation, percentage of pine vs hardwood timber, clarity of streams, legality of buying alcohol.
    The UA library was old and difficult to use. Tech's library was practically new and air-conditioned! The UA student center was old and nice in some ways but wasn't as convenient or modern or large as Tech's.
    UA had more graduate students and a larger faculty to cover Ph.D. programs, but a lot of freshmen suffered with grad students as teachers.

Tyson, Wal-Mart and other industries flourished and gave money to UA and brought growth. But those families grew up in the area and prospered. NOW, people flock here but growth was EXPECTED for decades. the 90s finally brought it.

I wouldn't move here to stay now. Places I hunted squirrels have been cleared for subdivisions and shopping malls. Ponds I fished and shot mallards and gadwalls on have been filled for development. The formerly clear streams run muddier now and flood more often because of development than they ever did because of agriculture. Siltation is reducing smallmouth bass habitat and the population means pressure on the outdoors.
    There were maybe six good restaurants in all of Benton and Washington counties. There are probably thousands now. Three of those six still are in business and still the best! The other three closed when the owner-operators died and/or retired.

If anyone wants to trade a job and home in Ruston for mine in Fayetteville, give me a call. I don't need this traffic!

The point is that Broyles came to Fayetteville to coach he Hogs and stayed to change things. Since Aillet, no one has come along to stabilize the football program in Ruston. So there is that reason for lack of consistent growth in attendance, etc.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gostAte
    I forgot how funny this thread was. What Fayettville did you go to? The Fayettville, AR I know is nothing like Ruston, LA. I recently drove through Ruston on my way somewhere else, just to check it out.
    Then again, you are a moron from Arkansas, so what do you know?

HD

Puppy gostAte is on the way down

Thumbs Up Re: Lost Opportunity?

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Then again, you are a moron from Arkansas, so what do you know?

HD
    Hey, nice retort. Did you think of that by yourself or did Mom and Dad put in their two cents. Your display of critical thinking is unparalleled. We all know its very logical to make a blanket statement about every resident in an entire state. Again thanks hotdog I may try that technique in future posting.

+ Reply to Thread