+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jimmy speaks the truth

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Jimmy speaks the truth

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Jimmy speaks the truth

Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

"It's important to let people know what our plans are with clear objectives," Oakes said. "We've come a long way, doubling our athletic budget in the past 10 years, but to continue advancing, we have to keep the money coming in."

What a liar, we have been asking for a plan with clear objectives for years now. I know we have now now. If it were important, he would have done this 5 years ago. He is a politician, not an AD, not even close.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

At least they have some semblance of a plan now. Better late than never.

The Corporate sponsorships are the most important thing right now, though. They need to be working hard to get those.

Puppy bigbob is an unknown

Frown Re: Jimmy speaks the truth

Champ, your so right. They should be working the sponsors right now. Last year, I had to call them about my company sponsorship. My company has been a sponsor for about 5 years. I do the bulk of business in the summer, so I need to pay during that time. It's now July 1, and have not heard from them yet. It really makes you wonder what the Hell they are doing!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

What's the other televised game?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Is this something "new" and "great" if the ONLY thing they do is send out a new two or three page letter with the same "Jarrell flyer" that they used last year - we will find out in about two weeks -

And one more thing -

Last time I looked - TECH had 70,000+ alumni - how are we going to try to reach and attract the other 60,000+ alumni?

I will say it again - this is not a plan - it is a wish list - a plan says here's what we are going to do and here is how we are going to do it and we need your help to make it easier -

Don't get me wrong, I agree with the vast majority of Jimmy's article - but the street runs both ways - the administration HAS got to try and sale those tickets and do more than just opening the gates and hoping people will come -

I want action, not letter writing and empty promises based on what they will do if they can get the money - GO GET THE MONEY by pressing the flesh...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

I agree, Dwayne. They need to do both the letter and a BIG TIME personal appeal to alumni and potential Corporate sponsors.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by bigbob
    Champ, your so right. They should be working the sponsors right now. Last year, I had to call them about my company sponsorship. My company has been a sponsor for about 5 years. I do the bulk of business in the summer, so I need to pay during that time. It's now July 1, and have not heard from them yet. It really makes you wonder what the Hell they are doing!
    That says it all right there. You hit the nail on the head - they don't know what the hell they are doing. Oakes is incompetent.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Of the 70,000+ alumni, about 40% have gone on to a much greater reward!

As for me, I thought the article sucked...it tried to have it both ways. I thought the "fans" sought out for quotes were gratuitous...Mark Milam...Mickey Murphy...John Douglas! No disrespect, but I haven't seen Milam at a game in years and the fact that he is former Caddo Parish SB president is amusing.

Why not quote Barmore or Slaughter or Aillet or any number of 100 other people that are long-time fans that put the face and money out front
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

When you are writing something like that, you are wanting to make a point, not a debate. You go and you talk to as many people that fit your wants and desire. These fair-whether fans off the street meet those needs, the former coaches do not.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Is it bad of me that when i get mail flyers from the athletic department, that I have ben fed up with their sh*t for the last 5 years that rarely do I even open the mail anymore?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Of the 70,000+ alumni, about 40% have gone on to a much greater reward!

As for me, I thought the article sucked...it tried to have it both ways. I thought the "fans" sought out for quotes were gratuitous...Mark Milam...Mickey Murphy...John Douglas! No disrespect, but I haven't seen Milam at a game in years and the fact that he is former Caddo Parish SB president is amusing.

Why not quote Barmore or Slaughter or Aillet or any number of 100 other people that are long-time fans that put the face and money out front
    Jimmy did leave a message for me on my cell phone - but I was so busy this week that I didn't get a chance to return his call -

So in his defense he did seek out a response from the "lunatic fringe"...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Jimmy did leave a message for me on my cell phone - but I was so busy this week that I didn't get a chance to return his call -

So in his defense he did seek out a response from the "lunatic fringe"...
    That's what I'm talking about. Why didn't he call Malcolm Murchison or Jim Kittler or Melissa Penuell or 100 other people that are at games and take a big interest in the programs?
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

John Douglas is no fair weather fan either. He's a season ticket holder and throws an outstanding tailgate party. I don't know about the other sources though.

+ Reply to Thread