+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let the Countdown Begin

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Let the Countdown Begin

When previewing the sprinters I completely neglected last year's top two finishers, Robbie McEwen and Baden Cooke. Apparently, Pettachi's team is not strong enough to set him up, like they were able to do in Italy a couple months ago. Cipollini lost his #1 leadout guy today to a broken collarbone in a crash. That may hurt his chances at a stage win. But, the old sprinter was close to the front today, finishing 10th.

These early stages are just appetizers. The main course comes in the mountains.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

dawg 80, or anyone --

We've already seen quite a number of crashes where these dudes hit the pavement going about 35 mph, and I can understand why they don't bust their heads (wearing the helmets); but, how come they don't bleed like stuck pigs from the knees, elbows, legs, arms, wherever ??

Last time I fell on the concrete, I was trying out the neighbor's kid's scooter, and went over the handlebars at a much slower speed in my driveway, and tore the knees out of a brand new pair of pants, and thought I was gonna have to go to the emergency room for stitches or something, 'cause I couldn't seem to stop the bleeding. Not to mention the left elbow.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

One thing is they know how to fall. Second, shaving your legs and arms really does work. It helps you to slide on the asphalt instead of grabbing it. There has been some bleeding if you've looked closely though.

Today is one of the more dangerous stages because they have 2 miles of cobblestone to go over. That can get really tricky.

TDF

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

HAHA!!!

CHRIS SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!

CHRIS SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I was home at lunch and Mayo took a spill before the cobblestones. Stick a fork in him, he may be done.

I took a spill at a stop sign yesterday (my first) while adjusting my helment. I didn't unclip my left foot and somehow lost balance. I ended up kissing the pavement pretty hard and saw stars for a couple of minutes afterward. The chainring left a pretty good and bloody clawmark down my right calf. My chest is sore this morning from the handlebars jabbing me. All this while at a STOP! Maybe I should shave my legs??

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    HAHA!!!

CHRIS SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!

CHRIS SHAVES HIS LEGS!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    You have to be riding to justify doing it. I haven't been on the bike seriously in a number of years. And yes, I did shave when I was and it saved me some SERIOUS road rash a couple of times!

They tell me it feels kind of like wearing panty hose, but I wouldn't know about THAT. You couldn't confirm or deny that for me, could you Champ?

TDF

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I was home at lunch and Mayo took a spill before the cobblestones. Stick a fork in him, he may be done.

I took a spill at a stop sign yesterday (my first) while adjusting my helment. I didn't unclip my left foot and somehow lost balance. I ended up kissing the pavement pretty hard and saw stars for a couple of minutes afterward. The chainring left a pretty good and bloody clawmark down my right calf. My chest is sore this morning from the handlebars jabbing me. All this while at a STOP! Maybe I should shave my legs??
    They say that something like 60-70% of all crashes occure at less than 5mph. There's something about starting and stopping in clip ons that is inherently DANGEROUS!

TDF

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Alright now ..... It was awful cold that night!!!!
    Joe Namath wore hose, ya know! And if it's manly enough for Joe, it must be manly!

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Alright now ..... It was awful cold that night!!!!
    Joe Namath wore hose, ya know! And if it's manly enough for Joe, it must be manly!
    I just had to remind you that I had dirt on 'ya in case you ever decide to get too far out of line again.

TDF

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

I'm not a big follower of all this bicycling stuff, although I do want Lance to win.

However, since you guys are following this so closley, I thought you might be interested in this article posted today on MSN.com.

One of Lance's biggest rivals (some dude named Mayo) had a big wreck.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5359289/

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgFan
    One thing is they know how to fall. Second, shaving your legs and arms really does work.

TDF
    I'm thinking I might know how to fall better if I were to shed about 60 or 70 lb; I just know I'd slide better on the asphalt if I were as svelte as those dudes.

I think I'll hold off on shaving my arms and legs 'til the next time I paint my toe-nails. That probably won't happen. Thanks for the tip, tho.

Stage 4 -- Wednesday, July 7

64.5 km Team Time Trial, Cambrai to Arras.

Good chance for Lance Armstrong to make a strong bid to acquire the yellow.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    I took a spill at a stop sign yesterday (my first) while adjusting my helment.
    Them tricycles can be dangerous - that's why I always preferred a Big Wheel...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

In case you missed it, Lance is now in the Yellow Jersey! USPS won the team time trial today in spectacular fashion.

I wouldn't expect to see much of a move by the contenders before they move into the mountains. I still think Heras will be Lance's biggest challenge. He is an animal in the mountains, but has always been a role player on his other teams. Lance probably couldn't have won last year without him, IMHO.

TDF

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If Lance and most of his team avoid mishap, they'll be too strong for anyone. Heras is just more cannon fodder, just like the rest!

Yeah, I know, it's easy for me to express such bravado, I don't have to back it up. I'm sure if you asked Lance, he'd say he was concerned about the other contenders.....and, he should be.

Great effort today by Tyler Hamilton and his Phonak team. That was awesome how just 5 riders finished out. Great ride by them.

CSC had all kinds of problems, but also salvaged their day with a good finish. But, that shouldn't be too surprising. With world-class riders like Basso, Voight and Julich leading that team, they are very strong indeed.

For some reason, I just don't like Ullrich. Perhaps it's those pink uniforms they are wearing, eh.

Go Lance!

+ Reply to Thread