+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheney's Potty Mouth

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Cheney's Potty Mouth

Pretty funny:

Cheney Says He 'Felt Better' After Bitter Exchange
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun25.html
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Re: Cheney's Potty Mouth

So, what did Cheney say? Forgive me if I'm a little behind.

I know you can't post the exact four-letter word, but can you give a rundown of the discussion? What each party said in the exchange? I'd like to know the context if you know it.

Thanks.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

He told Leahy to go and do something anatomically impossible to himself! I can think of a multitude of Democrats that I would like to encourage to go and do the same thing to themselves!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrayDawg
    So, what did Cheney say? Forgive me if I'm a little behind.

I know you can't post the exact four-letter word, but can you give a rundown of the discussion? What each party said in the exchange? I'd like to know the context if you know it.

Thanks.
    They edited the f-word out of the article after I posted the link here. Interesting. But Cartek's right, Cheney told Sen. Leahy to "go f--- himself" on the Senate floor. This is the depth to which partisanship has sunk here.
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Cheney said this to Leahy after Leahy trashed his name and integrety over his tie-in to Halliburton and their role in Iraq. Leahy then walked up to Cheney and tried to act like nothing had happened. Cheney wouldn't let it go. He is too proud of a man to let someone lie about his reputation, then want to be friends for the cameras. I probably would have said much worse.

DFIH

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG
    Pretty funny:

Cheney Says He 'Felt Better' After Bitter Exchange
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Jun25.html
    I would love to tell that to the left political spectrum. The democarts and liberals are the downfall of America.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG
    They edited the f-word out of the article after I posted the link here. Interesting. But Cartek's right, Cheney told Sen. Leahy to "go f--- himself" on the Senate floor. This is the depth to which partisanship has sunk here.
    He should have kicked his ass! Leahy is a snake...kinda reminds me of the serpent in the Garden of Eden.

Partisanship is when you disagree with Democrats; bipartisanship is when you agree with them...100%! Democrats don't know how to disagree without being disagreeable.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

OH PUH-LEEZE!!!! If the situation had been reversed and a Dem cussed out Cheney, you guys would be lamenting the decline of values or some such. It would be yet more evidence of the true nature of the classless Dems, and how dare they disgrace the hallowed halls of governance, and the Founding Fathers never intended for Americans to use that kind of language and the 10 Commandments are carved into the Senate ceiling and liberals hate morality da blah da blah da bluh.

But when Cheney says it, he's some kind of billy bad-ass hero. So what gives?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

What gives?

Don't F with Cheney.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    OH PUH-LEEZE!!!! If the situation had been reversed and a Dem cussed out Cheney, you guys would be lamenting the decline of values or some such. It would be yet more evidence of the true nature of the classless Dems, and how dare they disgrace the hallowed halls of governance, and the Founding Fathers never intended for Americans to use that kind of language and the 10 Commandments are carved into the Senate ceiling and liberals hate morality da blah da blah da bluh.

But when Cheney says it, he's some kind of billy bad-ass hero. So what gives?

Nope if a democrat had cussed out Cheney, it would have never made the news.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Well, John F...ing Kerry used it several times in an interview with Rolling Stone. And in that type situation he had a chance to have it edited out. He chose not to.

Now, I don't see any big deal in either case but it's interesting that there was no "main media" outrage about Kerry's use of the word.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

It is comforting to know that Cheney can carry on a conversation without resorting to long words when he has to. We hear too many bureaucrats who don't speaking directly and forcefully. And it apparently was an honest, clear, forthright response.

+ Reply to Thread