+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tim Rattay

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

Tim Rattay

I received an e-mail message from Tim this morning and thought I would share it with the board because I know you have been as concerned about him as I have. I will quote directly from his message:

"My lovely wife is doing good and she is feeling a lot better. We are having a baby girl, and we are very excited. The last doctors appointment went very well. My adductor is doing very well. I have been throwing and dropping back full speed this week and started running about 3/4 the past two weeks. It is getting stronger every day. I will be ready to do everything but team stuff in training camp (1 on 1 drills, 7-7 drills). After about a week in training camp, I should be ready to do everything. I am very happy about where it is. I know you are excited about the start of the Bulldog season, it is coming pretty quick. Tell everyone I said hi."

Allison & Tim's baby girl is due in November (I think). Allison is a Tech graduate and a former member of the Tech Volleyball team. I know all of you will be as happy as I am after reading his note.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Re: Tim Rattay

I saw a report this morning on ESPN that he was making a quicker-than-expected recovery and would miss only one pre-season game. I had not seen an earlier prognosis, but this sounds very positive.

Mick, not to jinx anything, but how does an injury "out of the blue" like this affect a player mentally?

I've experienced injuries associated with being hot or tired or someone or some thing hitting me, but when one is injured because they simply turned a certain way, how do they get past the paranoia of thinking, "This could happen again at any moment"?

Champ MICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant futureMICKEYS14 has a brilliant future

KILLER-tough question. It really helps to be YOUNG, strong, & afraid of virtually nothing. However, most who experience a serious injury, even though they may not admit to it, cannot help but wonder if it might happen again. That being said, Tim is a TOUGH, strong competitor who will give all he has regardless of the possibility of reinjury. Remember when he had the foot injury vs. Alabama? It was a very serious injury and Dr. Bundrick thought he might miss more than a couple of weeks. If my memory serves me correctly, Tim missed one game. Tim has always been a quick healer, strong-minded, & tough as an old boot. He WILL work through this injury & come out on the other side better than ever! I am convinced of that.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I think you're right, coach. I think alot of it has to do with how much quit a person has in them, and Tim doesn't have any quit in him at all. He's got too strong a mind to be distracted. I think when he gets in the action, the only thing his mind is going to be on is running the game.

DIRTY-and has ANY Tech QB ever "run the game" as well as Tim? I still have a picture of him in my mind, giving all the hand signals to the WR's, barking out the blocking scheme to the OL, putting the RB in the proper position, then calmly DISSECTING the opposing defense, Alabama, UAB, or whomever! I would give anything to run him through the program just one more time!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

I tell you what, Coach. If I was a coach and ever was to let a girl play college football, I think my best bet would be to put his daughter at qb in about 19 or 20 years. If she had even half his mind for the game, we'd be pulling upsets regularly again.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    I tell you what, Coach. If I was a coach and ever was to let a girl play college football, I think my ......best bet would be to put his daughter at qb in about 19 or 20 years. If she had even half his mind for the game, we'd be pulling upsets regularly again.
    DD,

That may not be as far-fetched as you think. If she has her Dad's quick release, she'll never be touched.

+ Reply to Thread