+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Ray Memorial Fence Project

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

Thumbs Up Re: Thoughts and Prayers Needed

Ms Carol (Johnny's wife) has told me that she has read this thread and was moved by all the kindness expressed towards Johnny.

To everyone that is intrested in the "memorial" as discussed in this thread, we now have approval for our plan from Tech. The Capital Area CHAMPS's fundraiser project for this year will be the wrought iron fencing with brick columns on the west side of JAS. A plaque in memory of Johnny will be placed on one of the columns at the completion of the project. This fencing was something that Johnny, along with many others in our group, thought would be a great project before his death and we think going forward with this is the best way to honor him. He, along with most of us, always wanted a specific project/goal out there for the fans to get behind. We think this is a great start. Obviously it is a very aggressive project, but we believe with a lot of hard work, we can make it happen.

We (Capital Area CHAMPS) will collect the donations through the LA Tech Foundation so that everyone who donates will get credit towards the main CHAMPS levels and so their donation will be tax deductable. I plan to get with Ronny on Monday to determine how to label the donations. I hope to have all the remaining details out ASAP, I just wanted to let everyone know what we are doing.

For those wanting to help, the main thing will be to spread the word. Look for us at the tailgates and bring friends by to support the cause.

Please let me know if you have any comments or suggestions?

Brennan
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Thoughts and Prayers Needed

RedDawg,

Great plan, it is something that is needed and a great way to honor Johnny. Please keep us informed on where to send money, etc.

DFIH

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

What's the estimated cost for the fence project ??

Please specify a goal.

TIA

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reddawg
    DFIH,
    Our plan is to put out a email letter explaining the project and what it is about. I have also registered a domain name and hope to have a web page up in the near future. First, I need to learn how to create one!!
    For those who already know they want to support this project, here is the important info.

You can mail your donation either to the Capital Area CHAMPS treasurer:
    Chris Ewing
    35968 Sarasota Ave.
    Denham Springs, LA 70706

Or you can mail it directly to Tech:
    Louisiana Tech Athletics
    Ronny Walker
    P.O. Box 3046
    Ruston, LA 71272

Which ever you feel more comfortable with is fine by us. Either way, it will end up in the same account. Ronny will provide me with a list of all who contribute directly to him and a monthly statement of our account within the Foundation.

The most important part is how you designate your check in order to recieve your CHAMPS credits and tax deduction. The check should be made out to: Louisiana Tech Foundation/CA CHAMPS. In the memo line or somewhere on the check, note the Johnny Ray Fence Project.

Thanks for your support. We WILL make this project happen.

Brennan
    We can help with the web page. Drop me a PM and we can get it started if you like. I'm sure you are talking with Eric as well and I know we will do whatever we can to help promote this great project.

TDF

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    I'll be sending a check for $250 to Ronnie this week for this project...now, how many of you will follow my $250 lead?
    Mine is going out today........can we get another 98 people to do the same?

DFIH

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

BB&B already has some money that has been donated for the fence project. Dwayne will take care of making sure it is donated for this project. Cartek, I'll match your $250.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    BB&B already has some money that has been donated for the fence project. Dwayne will take care of making sure it is donated for this project. Cartek, I'll match your $250.
    97 more!!!!!!

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Count me in for $250.

96 more!

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

I've split out the posts related to the fence project from the original Thoughts and Prayers Needed thread and stuck it to the top. I wanted to make sure this stayed on top for everyone's attention.

Chris

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DONW
    Don -

I've got the $3,500 check written out - now does Brennan want me to mail it to Chris or to Ronny -

I plan on being in Monroe Thursday nite for the TECH happening - I can personally put it in Ronny's hands that nite if he wants me to...

I'm in personally for $250 also...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog Beauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the roughBeauxier Dawg is a jewel in the rough Beauxier Dawg's Avatar

Re: Johnny Ray Memorial Fence Project

Gang,

This is a phenomenal start! I plan on attending the Alumni Association's Northshore Send-Off Party at Money Hill Country Club in Abita on August 24 to further our cause and spread the word. I, personally, haven't yet decided on the amount of my pledge, but will keep y'all posted.

As Reddawg said, we WILL make this project happen!

Mark

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Unfortunately, I never had occasion to meet Johnny Ray, but this looks to be a worthwhile project and a very appropriate memorial.

Whoever's keeping score, mark me down for $250; my check will go out tomorrow, A.M.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

OK, I'm in for $250. Check will go out later this week to Ronny.

Will this make me a Champs member as well?

I was unable to attend the CA Champs meeting on the 31st (I was good to go on the 10th), so if JO said anything of note please post it here or in the recruiting forum.
    Last edited by DawgyNWindow; 08-03-2004 at 10:18 PM.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

I'm in for $250. If I am keeping score correctly, that is a total of 8... 92 more to go...

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

8 at $250 plus Dwayne's $3500 gives us a two day total of $5500 toward a goal of 10K.

Not a bad start....who else is in?

+ Reply to Thread