+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The media

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

The media

Here's the mainstream media's chance to prove that they are truly, as Fox would put it, fair and balanced.

Tommy Franks just came out with his book that praised Bush for his leadership, and effectively countered the claims leveled at W for at least six months by the Dems and the press that he was fixated on Iraq and not really interested in the war on terror.

There is also a book coming out that shows John Kerry's military service in a less than favorable light, and supposedly uses people that actually served with him as the source for the data.

Will we see special one-hour 60 Minutes shows giving Tommy Franks and these soldiers that served with Kerry a bully pulpit from which to politic in the same way we were treated to unquestioning advertisements for Richard Clark's book and Moore's docutrash?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: The media

I ain't holding my breath, and I don't recommend that you try it either!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am not holding my breath that there will be any publicity about XXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXX
    (I had some things here that I edited out after I thought about my post. I had put some negative rumors about Bush but I decided that by stating those things, even to make a point, would be doing just what I said that I don't want to do).

I have stated over and over that I am not about tearing down the President. All of you have persisted in doing that about Kerry, though. It is a much better discussion leaving the suspicions and conspiracy theories out. Do I give credibility to the above? Some I do and most I don't. However, I don't harp on them. I question them and figure out what I believe is the answer and then I move on.

If I believe Kerry is the right man for the job, I will state why I agree with him on the issues. If I believe Bush is the right man for the job, I will do the same.

There is no need to drag anyone's name through the mud in order to make a case of voting for the other one. If there is enough of a difference between the candidates and what they stand for, then there should be plenty to talk about regarding these things.

By the way, I do not think there is a "right wing conspiracy" nor a left one. I do think that there are much different ways of going about our daily lives and different beliefs people have that shape their decision making.

The media is both right wing and left wing now. You can't get a story without opinion anymore. It just doesn't exist.
    Last edited by champion110; 08-04-2004 at 06:33 AM.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I wasn't commenting on whether the information in those books was truthful, nor was I promoting their message. I was just trying to make the point that the networks went out of thier way to get the negative messages about Bush to the public, without even considering if those messages were right or wrong.

There are billions of rumors floating around out there about both candidates, and I don't believe many - if any - of those have made it to the networks. Published material unfavorable to Bush, however, has been trumpeted in an informercial-type way. To be fair, these books (the one by Tommy Franks is not even critical to Kerry, it is just complementary to Bush) should be trumpeted as well. Especially since they refute some of the negative stuff that has already been harped on for the last six or so months while the Dems were deciding on a candidate.

Basically, they dragged Bush's name through the mud for the entire primary period, now they want to "get religion" and run a positive campaign.

Edited to say....

Just how many times do you think you would have heard about the Tommy Franks book if he had said that Bush was fixated on Iraq and in his opinion not fit to serve as Commander in Chief? You do realize that 80+ % of the new reporters vote Democrat, don't you?
    Last edited by DawgyNWindow; 08-04-2004 at 09:03 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Clinton had the same difficulty. Even if you do not believe in his politics, the only thing ever found to be true was the affair with Monica. I am not saying some of the other things were not true too.

I guess I am just making the point that we are in a climate of division. Any President or Presidential candidate is going to be drug through the mud. I think a President probably gets the worst of it.

I am not saying that there isn't a bias, but talk shows on Fox and on the radio lean conservative. CNN leans a little liberal, but I don't think it is as obvious as Fox leaning right. Of course, it is difficult for me to tell - I will admit that, just as it is difficult for a conservative to tell how much Fox leans right.

It is an all out war on character for both Bush and Kerry. Many people believe what they read when it is obviously biased. That is a shame, because sometimes there is truth. The problem is that supporters for either candidate will never know when to believe the truth now.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    You do realize that 80+ % of the new reporters vote Democrat, don't you?
    Fox News reported this morning that 12 Washington reporters support John Kerry to each Washington reporter that supports George W. Bush.

That's outragous. Imagine that one flipped around the other direction. There would be rioting in the streets of DC.

And to think MoveOn.org is suing Fox News for being biased...

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    Fox News reported this morning
    I won't even comment.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I won't even comment.
    That's right don't comment because you have no objectivity on the matter. You say FOX is biased and that CNN might be, but you make no mention of ABC, CBS, or NBC. What a crock!

Fox is the only channel that consistently has persons from both camps on at the same time for interviews...no one else does that...but Fox is biased.

Brit Hume has known Kerry for 50+ years, never says anything bad about him, and even says he's a good guy...but Fox is biased.

I am sick to my stomach with liberal tripe that never finds fault with their candidates or the media, but by the Almighty can attack the other side and spot "conservative" bias from 35,000 feet. I guess it's not bias when the media consistently refers to conservatives as: anti-abortion, anti-environment, anti-immigration, anti-worker, anti-ad nauseum...but refer to liberals as: pro-choice, environmental activists, civil rights activists, union activists, civil liberterians.

For the record, I have more than a handful of problems with GWB including his stance on immigration and prescription drugs. However, I will vote for him and encourage all I meet to do the same. Additionally, I may not like Nader's positions, but he's consitent and true to himself and causes...and we don't hear about his 4 years in the Army!

And I like claen water and air just like everyone else does...and it's alot cleaner today that it was 30 years ago!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Cartek,
    THAT was my point! I admitted that I am biased. The amazing thing is that you can't admit that you are. I didn't comment on ABC, NBC, and CBS, because (if you had read my other posts) I don't watch news on those channels.

Everything that I see on Fox looks slanted to the right. Everything that you see on CNN looks slanted to the left.

I can't comment either way on the other channels. Do you think the local news on those channels slant things according to what audience they are appealing to?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I am totally objective on this matter. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR -all slant left.
    Foxnews is fair and balanced.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of the media/press. This is about to hit the shelves.

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE AUG 03, 2004 21:35:02 ET XXXXX

BOOK CLAIMS KERRY WAR 'FABRICATIONS'

**Exclusive**

A veterans group seeking to deeply discredit Democrat John Kerry's military service will charge in the
    new bombshell book UNFIT FOR COMMAND:

<LI>Two of John Kerry's three Purple Heart decorations resulted from self-inflicted wounds, not suffered under enemy fire.

<LI>All three of Kerry's Purple Hearts were for minor injuries, not requiring a single hour of hospitalization.

<LI>A "fanny wound" was the highlight of Kerry's much touted "no man left behind" Bronze Star.

<LI>Kerry turned the tragic death of a father and small child in a Vietnamese fishing boat into an act of "heroism" by filing a false report on the incident.

<LI>Kerry entered an abandoned Vietnamese village and slaughtered the domestic animals owned by the civilians and burned down their homes with his Zippo lighter.

<LI>Kerry's reckless behavior convinced his colleagues that he had to go -- becoming the only Swift Boat veteran to serve only four months.

The Kerry campaign is planning to vigorously counter the charges and will accuse the veteran's groups of being well-financed by a top Bush donor from Texas, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"They hired a goddamn private investigator to dig up trash!" charged a top Kerry adviser traveling with the senator late Tuesday. "This is pay for play, and the dirtiest of all dirty tricks ever played on a candidate for the presidency. How low can they go?"

Kerry supporters are comparing the effort by the veterans to the Arkansas State troopers tell-all against Bill Clinton.

UNFIT FOR COMMAND will not be released until August 15.

The names. The details. All on the record.

Developing..

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Filed By Matt Drudge
    Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
    http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
    (c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
    Not for reproduction without permission of the auth

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    I am totally objective on this matter. ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, NPR -all slant left.
    Foxnews is fair and balanced.
    Right. I am glad we got that straight. :icon_razz

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    Speaking of the media/press. This is about to hit the shelves.
    Jeeesh Tyler............... :icon_wink

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    Jeeesh Tyler............... :icon_wink
    I know! Please don't shoot the messenger.:icon_wink

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    I know! Please don't shoot the messenger.:icon_wink
    You guys have all the guns, so you are safe.

+ Reply to Thread