+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donald Allen

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Re: Donald Allen

Stallworth only played in 3.5 games that year. The truth is that some of you just don't like Stallworth, it had nothing to do with the way that he played.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    Stallworth only played in 3.5 games that year. The truth is that some of you just don't like Stallworth, it had nothing to do with the way that he played.
    Duh. You must not have been watching the 2000 Penn State game on t.v., when Stallworth threw 5 interceptions. (We got beat 67 - 7).

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Water under the bridge. None of the current players is the same as the others or the same as any past player. I hope to see as many of the new guys on the field as possible and plenty of Tech points on the board.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

So, back to my question, what is the status of Zac Champion?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

And, why no mention of the Evangel/Oklahoma guy? Is he still around? I knew he had an injury keeping him out of the spring, but has he departed?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, he's gone.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Champion will be fine. Rawls has left Tech, he "doesn't like school" according to his dad.

Our QB stituation will not be the problem with this yhear's team.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    Duh. You must not have been watching the 2000 Penn State game on t.v., when Stallworth threw 5 interceptions. (We got beat 67 - 7).
    We have been blown out for years using this gimmick offense, even with Tim Rattay. Rattay had several 5 INT games and we got blown out in those. We had nobody to play D that year, because Crowton did not recruit anybody to play D. I was not disappointed in the picks that Brian threw because I expected it with our crappy gimmick offense, his 1st year to start, and the very tough early schedule. With experience I expected him to call his own plays and then he would have started to become successful. But we did not get to see that, because we ran him off. As a very big fan and alumus I am very disgusted of the way that Tech treated Stallworth.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Rattay had "several" 5-INT games? Can you name them?

I remember he had 4 picks in a loss to Auburn, although two of those hit WR's hands first and should have been caught. But I honestly don't remember any 5-INT games.

Whether Stallworth got fair treatment or not is not the point. He simply did not have what it took to run our offense playing a legit D-IA type schedule. The Penn State debacle was just one game, true, but 7 interceptions is a bit much, for any legit QB, and his confidence was shattered after that.

As another poster has already stated, it is water under the bridge. I just hope we don't see a repeat of that mess at QB again.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75
    Champion will be fine. Rawls has left Tech, he "doesn't like school" according to his dad.

Our QB stituation will not be the problem with this yhear's team.
    How can you say that, when not one QB on our roster has a career start against D1 competition. Practice does not equilibrate into game time situations, well not at Tech anyway. As good as Ryan Moats is, it all starts with QB play, reading defenses, calling audibles, calling blocking schemes,etc. etc. etc. I for one am very worried about the Qb play this year.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Rattay had "several" 5-INT games? Can you name them?

I remember he had 4 picks in a loss to Auburn, although two of those hit WR's hands first and should have been caught. But I honestly don't remember any 5-INT games.

Whether Stallworth got fair treatment or not is not the point. He simply did not have what it took to run our offense playing a legit D-IA type schedule. The Penn State debacle was just one game, true, but 7 interceptions is a bit much, for any legit QB, and his confidence was shattered after that.

As another poster has already stated, it is water under the bridge. I just hope we don't see a repeat of that mess at QB again.
    I'd rather remember Stallworth for that TD strike to Congelosi against SEC champ Alabama rather than the int's he threw against Penn State. If we had a coach worth a shit, he would have been pulled before he was allowed to throw all those interceptions. But, as we also saw with Luke, he never had sense enough to pull him when he was having a bad game. As far as Donald Allen goes, he has a lot of talent and I believe he is going to be a good one. The last time we had a QB that could run and throw like he can, he was the #1 draft pick and went on to win 4 superbowls. Of course, he also had a VERY GOOD coach.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LBP
    Rattay had several 5 INT games and we got blown out in those.
    Per the Louisiana Tech media guide, Tim Rattay never threw 5 INTs in any game he QB'ed for us. In fact, Rattay may have the best TD:INT ratio (115 TDs : 35 INTs) of any QB we've ever had.

Tim will always be remembered for his quick release, pinpoint accuracy, and incredible decision-making.

+ Reply to Thread