+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: John Kerry is no war hero!

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: John Kerry is no war hero!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I am even more angry about this subject since the GOP commercial came out with other Vietnam Vets and the supposed Doctor that treated Kerry.

The facts have come out today that NONE of those guys on the commercial served "with" Kerry on that boat. Also, the Doctor's name does not appear on Kerry's medical records anywhere.

I am DISGUSTED about this. This was deliberately misleading. I would think all of you would be just as angry. Probably you aren't, though.

Start questioning some of this, guys! If the GOP would do this, what else have and will they do? Question Kerry too, but PLEASE don't blindly follow.
    Thank McCain-Feingold for the commercial; it is no different than those of MoveOn.org commercials financed by George Soros. I don't recollect the same "anger" expressed when Bush was compared to Hitler...and Kerry did not even distance himself from those commercials, as Bush has from the one you speak of.

Not true...at least one of them was on the boat because he was his gunner! The people in the book were his officer peers and were there with him...they served with him, just not on his boat. Many of them were his superiors. And just because the doctor didn't sign the injury report does not mean he did not treat Kerry...of course this could be immediately diffused by asking the signing doctor if Letson was there. I bet we find out that he was!

What misleading about the commercial? These guys are expressing their opinions, just like the guys at MoveOn.org. I think the American people are smart enough to figure out the truth.

I question all the time and have stated the things I dislike about Bush. However, Kerry showed his spots 33 years ago when he sat before Congress and betrayed those he served with.

I'll read the book...already ordered it...and I'll form my opinion. O'Neill ain't doing it for the money...all his proceeds are already earmarked for military charity organizations.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    Are you going to read the book? After all, you did suggest that everyone go see the Farenheit 911 docutrash!
    Yes

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    That is NOT a GOP commercial - its one of the same kind as Moveon.org. Thank campaign finance reform for that brand of commercials - and please don't think that Mr. Sorros' are nice and sweet.
    Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Thank McCain-Feingold for the commercial; it is no different than those of MoveOn.org commercials financed by George Soros. I don't recollect the same "anger" expressed when Bush was compared to Hitler...and Kerry did not even distance himself from those commercials, as Bush has from the one you speak of.

Not true...at least one of them was on the boat because he was his gunner! The people in the book were his officer peers and were there with him...they served with him, just not on his boat. Many of them were his superiors. And just because the doctor didn't sign the injury report does not mean he did not treat Kerry...of course this could be immediately diffused by asking the signing doctor if Letson was there. I bet we find out that he was!

What misleading about the commercial? These guys are expressing their opinions, just like the guys at MoveOn.org. I think the American people are smart enough to figure out the truth.

I question all the time and have stated the things I dislike about Bush. However, Kerry showed his spots 33 years ago when he sat before Congress and betrayed those he served with.

I'll read the book...already ordered it...and I'll form my opinion. O'Neill ain't doing it for the money...all his proceeds are already earmarked for military charity organizations.
    McCain spoke up against the commercial yesterday. This is the same thing Bush did to him when they ran against each other, am I right?

I think this strategy will backfire. I guess it will all depend on the American people looking into what is really true.

I am glad you are going to read the book. How are you going to get information on the other side of the argument? When I watched 911, I then read as much as I could from both sides to figure out where I stood. The result? I believe some things from the movie and some I don't. Most of it is still a mystery that no one has investigated.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

If all these men lied as Kerry and the DNC would have you believe, their lies are calculated and therefore made with malice. Even a public figure can sue someone for a libelous statement when made with malice...he has the money to sue...where's the lawsuit?

Champion, why don't you have the same vigorous outrage for F911 (a 90 minute commercial portrayed as truth) as you do for this 60 second spot? Is it a double standard you employ? Why is tolerance and free speech so important when liberals are making the speech and not so important when conservatives speak out?

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I've spent the last few days in Ohio and have noticed a definite trend. I've seen about 4 Bush commercials, approved by the man himself, full of patriotism and postive images.

I've seen about 10 anti-Bush commercials full of hate and deceit, none approve by John F. Kerry.

Let him get his panties in a wad about a private commercial supported by a group of American heroes.

His anger and threats will only prove his (and his running mate's) true colors.

If all these men lied as Kerry and the DNC would have you believe, their lies are calculated and therefore made with malice. Even a public figure can sue someone for a libelous statement when made with malice...he has the money to sue...where's the lawsuit?

Champion, why don't you have the same vigorous outrage for F911 (a 90 minute commercial portrayed as truth) as you do for this 60 second spot? Is it a double standard you employ? Why is tolerance and free speech so important when liberals are making the speech and not so important when conservatives speak out?
    F911 was an opinion piece that people pay to go see if they want to see it. This is a commercial that is very misleading. When you state that you "served with someone", you know what that implies.

Anyway, I could turn this all around and ask you why you are so against F911 when it is something that people pay to go see and not against a commercial that everyone is exposed to?

I don't have a problem with free speech, as you claim. I am an advocate for it. I don't agree with Hollywood figures speaking out during a concert - same as you have a problem with that (Linda Rondstadt). I don't mind them speaking their opinion when interviewed or in something that people know what they are going to see, such as F911, though.

I hear that we "liberals" have a problem with conservatives having free speech all the time. Yet, I see that the ACLU represented the KKK and other horrible groups in the past. Doesn't sound like we have a problem with it to me.

I am fine with free speech. I don't have to agree with it and I don't have to pretend I am not outraged when it hurts people, though.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, F911 is nothing more than a Paid For Political Advertisement which probably violates some campaign reform law and should be banned.

He does say some negative things about Democrats and the media, as well as Bush. However, the movie is mostly about Bush, as we all know.

Frankly, if anyone (Republican, Democrat, Liberal, Moderate, or Conservative) want to make a movie, I don't care. I can choose to go to the movie or not.

Just like when "The Passion" was out. There were many people upset about it. Well, they don't have to go see it.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

"F911 was an opinion piece"

I agree with that statement. However, Michael "Less" sells it as a documentary.

He is a liar.

Champion, you skirted my questions with yet another question. Why be tolerate of negative comercials run by MoveOn.org and others, but intolerant of those by these vets? That's a double standard!

And by the way, every man who "served" knows what is meant when one says he "served" with someone! Just because they weren't on the same boat does not mean they didn't "serve" with Kerry...they were in the same sqaudron...20 feet away from one another!

Champion, you skirted my questions with yet another question. Why be tolerate of negative comercials run by MoveOn.org and others, but intolerant of those by these vets? That's a double standard!

And by the way, every man who "served" knows what is meant when one says he "served" with someone! Just because they weren't on the same boat does not mean they didn't "serve" with Kerry...they were in the same sqaudron...20 feet away from one another!
    They were not 20 feet away from each other.

Anyway, I did answer your question. Here you go again:

I am for free speech. I do not think that commercials for EITHER side should be blatantly dishonest. I haven't said anything positive or negative about the MoveOn.org commercials. I haven't seen them yet.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Maybe Kerry did all of his good things while he was in Cambodia. Oh, I forgot, even though he says he was there, it has already been determined that he wasn't even in the service at the time. The stories do change don't they!!!?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Maybe Kerry did all of his good things while he was in Cambodia. Oh, I forgot, even though he says he was there, it has already been determined that he wasn't even in the service at the time. The stories do change don't they!!!?
    I guess he is more like Bush than I thought.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    They were not 20 feet away from each other.
    And just how do you know this Champ???? Were you there?????

Commanders of other boats in the same patrols state that they were often traveling within 5 to 20 yards of each other....

+ Reply to Thread