+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where will TECH be in 2020

Bulldog MattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around hereMattEE has turned a few heads around here MattEE's Avatar

Where will TECH be in 2020

Hello Again,

I had some time to reflect on things that are important to me this weekend, and I came to the conclusion that as a soon to be alumni I am worried, concerned, and curious as to what state TECH will be in at the year 2020. I hope that the facilities improvements continue with a renovation of the engineering buildings and GTM and construction of more nicer equipped dorms. Student life could be greatly enhanced if the city of Ruston goes through with the plan to revitalize Arizona. I think that would be a great place for shops, pubs, and restaraunts. The city of Ruston needs to appreciate TECH more instead of being enamoured with the Old War Skule. I mean really what do some not all of the people in Ruston think that TECH is just there for no good reason and that all worthwhile learning occurs at LSU? Without TECH there would be no Ruston. It would be a lot like the River Market in Little Rock. (That place does a business!) I feel that athletically we need a vision for alumni to get behind we don't have that now. If we did and if the vision brought some substantial success TECH athletics would be financially very sound. Howeever, if the administration continues to neglect the planning side of athletics and no vision is realized we could very quickly go down the tubes. In short we gotta help ourselves because no one in the Govenor's mansion will. We need not worry about LSU let's work to make TECH the all it can be. The ability for growth is there and is yet to be tapped into. What do yall think? Personally I see us bigger, better, and stronger. But hey what do I know. :icon_wink

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Where will TECH be in 2020

What would be great is if we could put together an organization as well as LSU has. The TAF at LSU is awesome about supporting athletics, so most everything they do is privately funded. LaTech can do the same thing, so I hope we can all get together on this. It's not the Capitol's fault we aren't as funded as we should be.

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

Re: Where will TECH be in 2020

Ktulu7,

AMEN!

Every dollar that Tech can invest in ACADEMIC facilities and faculty should be spent there FIRST....period. We are in the business of educating people. I truly want our campus to SHINE when we have visitors, we have some areas that have a little age on them....cudos to the administration for taking care of academics first.

Tech athletics needs to grow the budget through ticket sales, alumni donations, student attendance, corporate sponshorships, and last but not least merchandising......in that order! In my opinion. A good foundation like TAF would help TECH alot.

+ Reply to Thread