+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truly Recognizing Former Players

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Thumbs Up Truly Recognizing Former Players

I would like to ask the administrators of the board to consider adding a feature to truly recognize the former players who are posters on this board.

Former players/letterwinners should be given a place of honor on the board and a highly positive designation of some kind by their name or moniker.

Just a thought. Is this possible? Does anyone agree or disagree?

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Re: Truly Recognizing Former Players

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I would like to ask the administrators of the board to consider adding a feature to truly recognize the former players who are posters on this board.

Former players/letterwinners should be given a place of honor on the board and a highly positive designation of some kind by their name or moniker.

Just a thought. Is this possible? Does anyone agree or disagree?
    Well I think that is a great idea...
    :zthinking

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar

That is a great idea Lee! I'd like to see that happen.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Great idea!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I certainly agree, although some want to be anonymous in order to speak freely. I know active players dare not say much if there is anything negative under discussion.

I suspect that, given time, our extraordinary administrative team will come up with a fine way to identify players willing to be identified online.

It will require research and work!

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Lee,

I totally agree. Wonderful people they are.

Maxie Hays

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I certainly agree, although some want to be anonymous in order to speak freely.
    That is a good point... didn't think of that

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I appreciate your spirit and participation on the board. Tech needs more players' wives and girlfriends to join the board to share their perspective.

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

I agree with the statement that some may want to remain silent. They should have that option for sure. I respect that.

Its just that I have been around our players alot over the years and wish we could do more for them to offer encouragment, support, positive fan feedback and the best football experience possible.(all within the rules, of course)
    I just know some of these guys are working so hard they are putting all they have into this team. Over the years guys have done the same thing.

I just want to give more back to them in the form of positive reinforcement and acknowledgement for all they do for guys like me who could never do what they can do athletically.

There just always seems to be the feeling we come up short on things...dorms, facilities somewhat and huge exposure that I feel guys deserve for what they do.

I think all the guys should be given more hats, official shirts, gear that kind of thing but within the rules. I have always felt that there was nothing wrong with treating players special for all they do for us. I want them to earn plaques and maybe a copy of their games or something.

Some may not agree.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Getting them to attend football games would be a great start.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of former players, what happened to BD 28? The only former players that I know of that post on the board regularly now are Nathan and Mick. Does anybody know of any more?

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

There are a several other guys that post from time to time, but haven't made known their real names. I don't say anything on here I wouldn't say to anyone in person, so I don't mind people knowing who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I agree with the statement that some may want to remain silent. They should have that option for sure. I respect that.

Its just that I have been around our players alot over the years and wish we could do more for them to offer encouragment, support, positive fan feedback and the best football experience possible.(all within the rules, of course)
    I just know some of these guys are working so hard they are putting all they have into this team. Over the years guys have done the same thing.

I just want to give more back to them in the form of positive reinforcement and acknowledgement for all they do for guys like me who could never do what they can do athletically.

There just always seems to be the feeling we come up short on things...dorms, facilities somewhat and huge exposure that I feel guys deserve for what they do.

I think all the guys should be given more hats, official shirts, gear that kind of thing but within the rules. I have always felt that there was nothing wrong with treating players special for all they do for us. I want them to earn plaques and maybe a copy of their games or something.

Some may not agree.
    I completely agree! Many people just think of football as "just a game", which it is, but they don't realize how hard these men really work! They dedicate most of their LIVES to practicing and working out and attending meetings... I always joke that I try to spend as much time with my husband before football season starts because once they are in the full swing of things, I don't see him for at least 4 months!!! The players who have families sacrifice a great deal of family time, and the quality of family time when they are around because #1: they are BARELY around during the season and #2: when they are around, they are so tired and worn down that they need to use that time to rest. I literally have to MAKE my husband go get in the bed when he is playing with the kids sometimes... he hates that they don't see him much right now... but he loves the game, and we love to watch him play! And even the players without families put their all into this game... they all deserve more recognition and appreciation, in my opinion. They go out there every practice and every game knowing that they run the risk of getting seriously injured! That would be enough to make me QUIT!!! That is the main reason that I go to all the practices and all the events that they have- I want to make sure that no matter what happens ON that field, Barry always has his little cheering squad not far away... So yes, I believe that everyone should make it a point to let the players know how much we appreciate them playing, since they are only playing for the FANS anyway (without us, why would they play???). At least do your best to show your undying support... and as theinsider said, keep it within the rules, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I appreciate your spirit and participation on the board. Tech needs more players' wives and girlfriends to join the board to share their perspective.
    You didn't quote me or name me, so I am not positive that you are talking to me, BUT I think so So thank you for saying that and yes I agree that more of their "significant others" should show more support... I have invited some of the other wives and girlfriends to events (like Fan Day) and to come to practices with me, but they don't have much interest in doing all that... it boggles me! I can't imagine staying at HOME and missing all that!!! I don't think they could get me to leave that practice field at GUNPOINT!!! My children act up from time to time, but instead of leaving, I normally take them on the other field so that they can play in the grass and I can still see or if all else fails, I park my Jeep by the fence and watch from there...

+ Reply to Thread