+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truly Recognizing Former Players

Hybrid View

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Thumbs Up Truly Recognizing Former Players

I would like to ask the administrators of the board to consider adding a feature to truly recognize the former players who are posters on this board.

Former players/letterwinners should be given a place of honor on the board and a highly positive designation of some kind by their name or moniker.

Just a thought. Is this possible? Does anyone agree or disagree?

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Re: Truly Recognizing Former Players

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    I would like to ask the administrators of the board to consider adding a feature to truly recognize the former players who are posters on this board.

Former players/letterwinners should be given a place of honor on the board and a highly positive designation of some kind by their name or moniker.

Well I think that is a great idea...
    :zthinking

Varsity Bulldog yobrefstank has turned a few heads around hereyobrefstank has turned a few heads around here yobrefstank's Avatar

That is a great idea Lee! I'd like to see that happen.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds good to me!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. Great idea!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I certainly agree, although some want to be anonymous in order to speak freely. I know active players dare not say much if there is anything negative under discussion.

I suspect that, given time, our extraordinary administrative team will come up with a fine way to identify players willing to be identified online.

It will require research and work!

Varsity Bulldog Coachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really niceCoachdawg is just really nice

Lee,

I totally agree. Wonderful people they are.

Maxie Hays

Varsity Bulldog Kat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the earsKat04 seems to have something between the ears Kat04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I certainly agree, although some want to be anonymous in order to speak freely.
    That is a good point... didn't think of that

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider

There are some things we can do to emphasize certain users. I'll see if I can find something that fits the bill and get it installed. The hardest part will be getting the list populated by people who WANT to be recognized.

TDF

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

DONW - Don't worry about BigDog28. He is probably too busy right now trying to figure out how to get a t-shirt with Auburn Tigers on one side and Lady Techsters on the other

Varsity Bulldog VegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the earsVegasDawg seems to have something between the ears

How about we recognize a couple of players each day. The player can be any player on the team. Have a Tech sports reporter go and do a quick interview with the players ask a few questions about him, about Tech, about school, family or a million other things and get a photo. Call it something like DYKYTA "Do You Know Your Tech Athlete" or whatever.

Secondly, do a player of the week contest OFF, DEF, SPECAIL TEAMS give these guys some props for bustin ass. Post their Pic on the front page with game stats. Before long they'll all be kicking ass to see who will be featured at BB&B. And I bet all those wives and girlfriends and family and friends will then be logging on to BB&B to vote.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Count me out.

After watching the Olympics, I'm ready to give all my support to Tech's women's beach volleyball program.

Champ NathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond reputeNathanDarby has a reputation beyond repute NathanDarby's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDawg
    How about we recognize a couple of players each day. The player can be any player on the team. Have a Tech sports reporter go and do a quick interview with the players ask a few questions about him, about Tech, about school, family or a million other things and get a photo. Call it something like DYKYTA "Do You Know Your Tech Athlete" or whatever.

Secondly, do a player of the week contest OFF, DEF, SPECAIL TEAMS give these guys some props for bustin ass. Post their Pic on the front page with game stats. Before long they'll all be kicking ass to see who will be featured at BB&B. And I bet all those wives and girlfriends and family and friends will then be logging on to BB&B to vote.
    That's a GREAT idea....why don't you admin's set up something like this! And remember, it doesn't have to be just football. We could do basketball during basketball season, etc.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

Also, a "Where are they now" segment. I would like to know what line of work, do they still follow Tech, etc about them now.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasDawg

Now that is a great idea! I definitely think they they would be interested to know what their fans think... and that way, we can all get to know every player a little better on a more personal level.

+ Reply to Thread