+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More improvements to J.C. Love

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

More improvements to J.C. Love

The field continues to look better and better. The surrounding student apartments will add atmosphere (but take away parking). Simoneaux hopes to be able to house all the baseball players in one of the apartment buildings beyond left field. The disappoining thing about the student apartments is that evidently the picnic area overlooking left field was removed from the plans. Also, parking in this area of the campus is going to be almost non existant.

A new brick and wrought-iron fence is in the works to replace the cyclone fence on the sides of the stadium.

Coach Simoneaux plans on our baseball stadium being a showcase, and he is well on his way. That will help in recruiting.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: More improvements to J.C. Love

If I were to take pictures of the field, is there a way to post them on this board? It seems like we were told how to do this through another website, but I can't remember.

I think those who live away from here might like to see what is being done.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Take them, forward them to me and I will make sure they get posted...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy bulldogRHP has turned a few heads around herebulldogRHP has turned a few heads around here bulldogRHP's Avatar

THe field continuse to get better everytime I have been by to see it. Alot of the people I talked to that went to the camps this summer commented on how nice it was. One even said he believe thed field and locker room was better than LSU!!!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I spent some really good times at Love field in the late 70's and early 80's. I still would rather attend a college baseball game than a MLB game any day. Wonderful atmosphere! I would love to see the pics when they are posted. Sounds like we are on the right track with the BB program.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Coach Sim was mowing the field when I went by. I didn't want to bother him to take pictures inside at the time. He is going to let me take some pictures of the locker room and the new clay they are putting in the infield in two weeks.Sorry for the poor photography. There are no concerns about my leaving the legal profession to become a photographer.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Coach Sim was mowing the field when I went by. I didn't want to bother him to take pictures inside at the time. He is going to let me take some pictures of the locker room and the new clay they are putting in the infield in two weeks.Sorry for the poor photography. There are no concerns about my leaving the legal profession to become a photographer.
    They looked good, thanks
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

That field looks awsome! when baseball starts i want to go...Sims really turned that field around. Thank you for the hard work coach...hope the dawgs well on their season.

Administrator TechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the roughTechDawgFan is a jewel in the rough TechDawgFan's Avatar

If I were to take pictures of the field, is there a way to post them on this board? It seems like we were told how to do this through another website, but I can't remember.

I think those who live away from here might like to see what is being done.
    You can attach pictures or files to your messages. Type you message and then scroll down and click "Mannage Attachments".

Chris

This is what JC Love looked like a few short years ago -

Just two years ago to be exact - this was taking during the construction of the new fence...
    Last edited by Dwayne From Minden; 01-04-2006 at 10:33 AM.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Just two years ago to be exact - this was taking during the construction of the new fence...
    WOW, look at the weeds coming up through the blue fence. Sim has it looking good.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Quote Originally Posted by qng001
    That field looks awsome! when baseball starts i want to go...Sims really turned that field around. Thank you for the hard work coach...hope the dawgs well on their season.
    The funny thing about it is that Sim is not nearly satisfied. He was reticent to let me take pictures now because of how much he is planning to do over the next few weeks. That is why I focused mainly on the dorms in these pictures.

One thing I have had explained is that the only dorms that will have balconies facing the field are those closest to center field. Those dorms will be four stories tall. The dorms in left field will not have balconies facing the field. I asked Sim about that, and he thought they were going to face the field as well, but he certainly seemed okay with it. I am little disappointed.

Finally, I was talking to Bart, one of our catchers, and Sim has him believing that Sim will not be totally satisfied until the team plays as well as the field looks.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Thumbs Up Re: More improvements to J.C. Love

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Those last two years represent the changes that Sim has made.

I dont' know about the rest of y'all, but I think Coach Sim has done an awesome job of changing the players ATTITUDE, which is the first thing any coach has to work on with any team.

As a fan, I like the way he gets the job done without excuses. We have heard for years that we can't do this because we don't have the money...we cant' do that because the money just isn't there. Meanwhile, Simoneaux has quietly done a hell of a job rehab-ing the entire stadium (inside and out) at J.C. Love. I know that there has been some help from the school, but a lot of it has been done by the players and the staff. Sim mowing the grass is only one example. It's nice to see someone MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN instead of whining about why he can't do it. That kind of work ethic has a positive effect on both players and fans....and hopefully some in the administration.

I bought the family pass to last years baseball games, even though I live too far away to make any home games. I plan to buy the same pass again this year, and hopefully this will in some way reward the basball team and coaching staff for their good attitudes and hard work.

Way to go Coach Sim!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Very nice. Please post more photos soon. I hope to visit the field Reno Day In Ruston!

Anyone have an old slot machine we can smash at half-time?

+ Reply to Thread