+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plot thickens after checking records

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Re: Plot thickens after checking records

What I said was that Kerry stated rumors and innuendos as fact. If he did not have proof he should not have been on the senate floor with his NVA uniform and medals. How pompous can he get? He painted all vets with a big brush. Why won't he sign a form 180? I think he is afraid to. He has had to backtrack on too many lies to count. He was in Cambodia...not. He received three purple hearts, now the first might, just might have been self inflicted. There is a pattern to him.

And while I am at it, democrats are so eager to praise Kerry's Vietnam duty and denigrade Bush's guard duty. Kerry has made it a campaign issue and the dems are slobbering all over themselves.

Where did the dems grand poopah Clinton serve? The armed forces? No. The National Guard? No. The Coast Guard? No. No, your messiah served in the USSR. How the worm turns.

Benedict Arnold was a hero until he swapped sides.
    Last edited by Dawgbert; 08-29-2004 at 08:48 AM. Reason: addition

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Angry Re: Plot thickens after checking records

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    You guys need to listen to the entire speech. John Kerry quoted other Veterans in that speech and stated that. He did not state them as fact. He stated that these are what others reported that had been there. The clips of him that you see do not show all of the speech - it just shows the part that he is reporting these quotes. It is out of context and twisted.

Many of you are believing every single thing bad about Kerry that you read or see because you are for Bush and against him. If you think that most of the things that Kerry supporters say about Bush are wrong, why wouldn't you know that most of the things Bush supporters say about Kerry are wrong?

I do not condone the treatment that has been given to a verteran of this country. It is wrong and most of you would say the same thing, if this wasn't someone running against Bush.

Stick to which candidate best represents your views, instead of just bashing the other one. It is much more likely to win people over to your party than to just turn them against the other guy.

Tried not to comment, but did it anyway.......... :-( Oh well..............

Catch you guys later. On my way out.
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbert
    I can't blame Kerry for what happened to me but he contributed to what happened to others. He is a traitor to his fellow vets and a liar and unfit to be commander in chief and anyone who votes for him should be ashamed.
    AMEN! Sorry to hear what you went through back states side.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

You guys need to listen to the entire speech. John Kerry quoted other Veterans in that speech and stated that. He did not state them as fact. He stated that these are what others reported that had been there. The clips of him that you see do not show all of the speech - it just shows the part that he is reporting these quotes. It is out of context and twisted.

Many of you are believing every single thing bad about Kerry that you read or see because you are for Bush and against him. If you think that most of the things that Kerry supporters say about Bush are wrong, why wouldn't you know that most of the things Bush supporters say about Kerry are wrong?

I do not condone the treatment that has been given to a verteran of this country. It is wrong and most of you would say the same thing, if this wasn't someone running against Bush.

Stick to which candidate best represents your views, instead of just bashing the other one. It is much more likely to win people over to your party than to just turn them against the other guy.

Gary,

Kerry brought every bit of this on himself with: "I'm John Kerry, and I'm reporting for duty." Period! If we were being real honest, he put everything into play and everything is fair game. He's running as a hero of the Vietnam era and never mentions his time in the Senate; I find that remarkably odd coming from the guy that called the VFW and American Legion right-wing hate groups and outdated during his 1971-72 enlightenment period.

As for his testimony, I've watched it three times on CSPAN...every word of it. I also watched his square off with O'Neill on Dick Cavett. They don't jive with what he now says he said! How anyone can watch that and come away with a warm fuzzy feeling about Kerry is beyond me; of course, I readily admit that I am a proud Reagan Republican.

Democrat 527's have outspent Republican 527's over 25 to 1. Yet, Kerry and his merry band of followers are telling anyone who will listen that Bush should denounce the Swifties and get them off the air because they have all been discredited as liars. I'm still waiting to find out who discredited them because the LA and NY Times do not count! Besides I guess it was OK for MoveOn.org to compare Bush to Hitler, or did Kerry just miss his chance to denounce that ad? Oops, that was at the same time that Kerry was running his own ad questioning Bush's service in the National Guard...something Kerry said just last week he has never done and will never do...maybe Kerry has CRS!

You've made it clear that you, like many others, plan to vote for Kerry mainly because you don't like Bush. I'm voting for Bush because I like his positions...not all of them but most of them.

Dan
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    You've made it clear that you, like many others, plan to vote for Kerry mainly because you don't like Bush. I'm voting for Bush because I like his positions...not all of them but most of them.

Dan
    Actually, I am voting for Kerry because I think he is the best person for the job. I have not stated much of anything bad about Bush and have stated in other threads why I like Kerry. He is a man of honor - no matter how much people are trying to drive his name through the mud. I hope others see through that.

The only thing I will say negative about Republicans (not necessarily Bush) is that they went over the line of negativity in their campaign against John McCain and Kerry - both of whom should be honored for their contribution to our country. When I say contribution, I speak of Kerry's time in the War and his being willing to represent many Veterans in his speech to Congress years ago. The same campaign was waged against McCain and against a man that lost three limbs in the war. It is wrong!

As for his time in the Senate, he does speak about that. It is not covered much, though, because all the time is spent on defending himself from attacks. He has explained why it "appeared" that he voted two different ways (other things were put in the bills when the second vote came around).

If Republicans believe that Bush is their choice for President, why are 90% of the posts on this board just about negative things about Kerry? Seems that the few Democrats on here are the ones that are stating why they are voting for Kerry and the majority of Republicans are just stating negatives about the other candidate.

I have NO problem with anyone voting for Bush because he represents what they want for this country - no problem at all. I do have a problem with not talking about that and just about degrading the other candidate.

How do I feel about Bush? I feel that he is probably a decent guy that stands up for what he believes. Those beliefs differ from mine (as already stated in other posts). Kerry is more in line with what I believe in. Simple as that.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Champ, you are seeing a normal defensive reaction to having your candidate dragged through the mud throughout the entire primary season. Bush has been the subject of numerous "smear" books, "documentaries", and unfair news reports for over ten months now, and asking Bush supporters to be nice now is kind of like asking a someone to be civil after you have just punched him in the face.

The stuff leveled at Kerry has been tame compared to what Bush has had to endure:

He was AWOL during his National Guard duty.
    His Daddy kept him out of the war.
    He is stupid.
    He continued to read books to children because he didn't know what to do when the country was under attack.
    He is in bed with the Saudi's and Bin Laden.
    He invaded Iraq because he wanted the oil for his rich oil buddies.
    He invaded Iraq just to avenge his Daddy.

I could go on and on. Millions upon millions have been spent trashing our president, and last I heard 100X more money has flowed into 527's favoriable to Kerry than those favorible to Bush. Add to that the hour specials on Richard Clark's book (whose "facts" are highly suspect, and my guess is that is what Sandy Berger was trying to hide) where the sympathetic media allowed him to level unsubtantiated claims against the Bush administration while they put on their "Oh, what a shame...you poor man." face, and you have a lot of angry Republicans that are out for blood.

And Kerry was supposed to bring us together?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg
    December 23, 2003 http://www.misleader.org/images/icon_send_misleader.gif| http://www.misleader.org/images/icon...r_friendly.gif| http://www.misleader.org/images/icon_rss_feed.gif

http://www.misleader.org/images/archive.gif

Bush Pays Lipservice to Vets, Then Slashes Their Health Care

Late last week President Bush visited combat veterans at Walter Reed Medical Center. During his visit, he said "We have made a commitment to the troops, and we have made a commitment to their loved ones, and that commitment is that we will provide excellent health care - excellent care - to anybody who is injured on the battlefield."1

His comments stand in stark contrast to the policies he has pushed - and the record he has amassed - as President. Just this year alone, the President "announced his formal opposition to a proposal to give National Guard and Reserve members access to the Pentagon's health-insurance system"- a slap in the face to thousands of troops, especially considering "a recent General Accounting Office report estimated that one of every five Guard members has no health insurance."2 The President also this year proposed to cut $1.5 billion (14%) out of funding for military family housing/medical facilities. This followed his 2002 budget which, according to major veterans groups, "fell $1.5 billion short" of adequately funding veterans care.3

This is not the first time the President has staged a photo-op to thank veterans at Walter Reed and then proposed policies that hurt veterans. A little less than a year ago, the President visited the medical hospital4, and then on the same day announced his proposal to cut off 164,000 veterans from the VA's prescription drug discount program.5

The result of the President's harsh treatment of veterans is that "more than 235,000 veterans are currently waiting 6 months or more for initial medical appointments" with "many veterans waiting 2 years just to be seen by a doctor."6 At Ft. Stewart, Georgia, UPI reported "hundreds of sick and wounded U.S. soldiers including many who served in the Iraq war are languishing in hot cement barracks here while they wait - sometimes for months - to see doctors."7 And CBS News reports that the administration appears, in some cases, to be denying benefits to soldiers wounded in Iraq. Specifically, many soldiers say they are seeing their pay and health benefits severely reduced after they are badly wounded.8

Sources:
    1. President Bush Meets with Wounded Soldiers at Walter Reed, 12/18/2003.
    2. Gannett News Service, 10/23/2003.
    3. Independent Budget, 01/07/2002.
    4. President Bush Meets with Wounded Soldiers at Medical Center, 12/17/2003.
    5. "VA Cuts Some Veterans' Access to Health Care", Washington Post, 01/17/2003.
    6. Independent Budget, Paralyzed Veterans of America.
    7. "Sick, wounded U.S. troops held in squalor", UPI, 10/17/2003.
    8. "Wounded Troops Denied Benefits?", CBS News, 12/18/2003.
    http://www.misleader.org/daily_misle...f12232003.html
    That is such horsesh**! Why in the world would you pay Reservists' health insurance? They work one weekend out of the month and two weeks in the summer. They make about 250 bucks for that weekend. So is the liberal platform advocating paying around $800 bucks for this soldier and his familys' health insurance for this little bit of work? If so, that is really smart. I guess for the general uninformed democrat, this makes good fluff to campaign on.

FYI, full time National Guard and reservists do have the same health plan. Also, whenever these same troops are called to active duty, they are covered with full military health benefits that sometimes even carries on for several months after they are released from active duty.

As far as the Veterans admin being cut, what was previously stated is true. Unfortunately, they are dying by the thousands every day. With that said, I can go into any VA hospital today and get treatment for whatever ails me. I am not entitled to any benefit from a VA hospital due to my service, but I can and HAVE gotten treated with them saying "only this one time". It sounds to me that the VA needs to get it's affairs in order and stop squandering our tax dollars on veterans such as myself that do not qualify.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think either candidate will "bring us together". There is a split like never before.

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Apparently, Champ, you did not listen to the whole thing. While you are correct that Kerry was "qouting" others , he then goes on to say that He personally took part in certain of these type activities. Which he describes vividly!! If we want to keep things in context, then let's use the entire context!

Because most of the things Bush supporters are saying about Kerry have documented evidence!!

All that has been said about Kerry is that he is not telling the complete truth. And he's even admitted some of it!!

I have not seen anything comparing him to Hitler and Stalin. I have not seen anything saying he"planned 9-11." I have not seen any members of the Senate say "he planned the Iraq war while he was still Governor of Texas." I have not seen him falsely accused of "spiriting the Bin Laden family out of the US when there was a flight ban following 9-11." I have not seen a former Vice President screaming that "he betrayed his country." I have not seen a Member of the Senate scream that he "opened SAddam Husein's torture chambers under new management."

I totally agree. But since the "bashing" has been so overwhelmingly and disgracefully directed at Bush, I think we have a wide discrepancy in the "bashing score."

I tried not to comment on this, too. But I had to!!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Champion,

If you think Kerry is a man of honor, you have been traveling in the wrong circles.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Champion,

If you think Kerry is a man of honor, you have been traveling in the wrong circles.
    OR you have............... :icon_wink

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

I have NO problem with anyone voting for Bush because he represents what they want for this country - no problem at all. I do have a problem with not talking about that and just about degrading the other candidate.

How do I feel about Bush? I feel that he is probably a decent guy that stands up for what he believes. Those beliefs differ from mine (as already stated in other posts). Kerry is more in line with what I believe in. Simple as that.
    SO you do not believe in standing up for what you believe in? Huh!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I don't think either candidate will "bring us together". There is a split like never before.
    We do agree on something, this is it. I don't think things will change anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    SO you do not believe in standing up for what you believe in? Huh!
    Well, that was a little twisting to what I said, don't ya think? I, actually, admire Bush for stating what he believes and acting on that. I don't have a problem with that at all. What he believes in differs from my beliefs and I have stated that.

Also, I don't condone the ads that negatively attack Bush. It should be about the issues that each candidate believes in and the vote should be based on how much a person agrees with each candidate.

I am not naive, though - far from it. I know that negativity gets the press. What amazes me is how many people believe what they read or see on TV. It is all politics. McCain was attacked just as visciously as Kerry has been. People seem to forget that. It was ashame then and it is now. Each campaigne should stand up and denounce these types of attacks, but we all know that they are both very tied to them.

Does that mean that I don't believe in free speech? NO - I do believe that it is fine for a book to be written by a private citizen against Kerry and I do believe that a movie can be produced. That doesn't bother me. People have a choice of going to the movie or buying a book. If there is slander in either one, the candidate should sue the maker or writer.

Commercials for a candidate should be truthful - on both sides, though. I am sick of seeing strictly negative ads that tell me that I should not vote for someone instead of why I should vote for someone else. I am sick of it from both candidates camps.

It is funny to me that anything against Kerry, all of you believe, though. Anything against Bush, all of you do not believe. Why is that? Why is it that you think that it is all true when it agrees with what you want to believe. That does not seem like critical thinking to me. I know I am probably guilty of the same thing, though - it is human nature. I would just like for some of you to look deep inside and see that it is happening, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    We do agree on something, this is it. I don't think things will change anytime soon.
    We probably agree on much more than that. We have just been talking about the things that we disagree about. Here are some things that we probably agree on:

Capitalism
    Working hard to move ahead
    Christianity
    Helping our brother - when he helps himself
    Paying down the National Debt
    Good economic policy
    Lousiana Tech Football
    Honesty
    Standing up for what you believe in

How is that?

+ Reply to Thread