+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Players

Puppy dawgdawg is an unknown

Returning Players

I read about all the new kids we have coming in but what kids do we have returning. I know some are leaving for different reasons. Who do we have coming back and what returning redshirts do we still have. Does it look like any of the redshirts will be getting in on the playing time?

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Re: Returning Players

As far as I know the returning starters/players are as follows:
    - C Mims Boyce
    - 2B Brandon Haygood
    - SS Gary Holik
    - OF Gil Laird
    - RHP Matt Lacy
    - RHP Clay Meyer
    - RHP Mitch Tucker
    - Utl/P Brandon Hudson who played some as true freshman last year.

I don't think there were many freshman redshirted last year that were recruited with much scholarship, unless they were a injured and a medical RS. Only partial scholarsip RS I can remember that are returning and might play someday were as follows:
    - RHP Alan Knotts, Medical RS freshman.
    - LHP Randy Waguespack, RS freshman. More thrower than pitcher now, but has some upside.

I think they are looking to 3-4 incoming recruits to play immediately in field, 2 pitchers to work into starting rotation to create more depth and move pitchers into roles they fit better, and 3-4 more freshman to develop over 1-2 years to eventually start.

Again, that's my best guess as I am not an inside guy.

+ Reply to Thread