+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To LSU People in our Forums

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Post An Open Letter To LSU People in our Forums

Dear LSU Fans,

It always amazes me how much free time you have. You can spend all day with your co-workers talking about Nick Saban's underwear color, and yet, still have enough time to post meaningful messages on other teams message boards.

Many of you (like S'port Tiger, techgrad/lsufan) are "those" people -- you know the ones still whining about the national champion USC team. USC got the century-old AP national championship plaque. The Tiggers got a 6 year old glass football object sponsored by Sears.

Here's an idea: give up the '58 plaque, since you now think its a silly idea, anyway.

You wonder why the national media never respects LSU?? It's becuase of inbred morons like you that can't accept there's more to life than losing sleep over the fact that there are other legitimate Dv. 1-A teams in Louisiana. ESPN ranks LSU #6 just to get you riled up and laugh at you.

Personally, I'm proud to be a Louisiana Tech graduate and fan. I'm proud of our program's history. Remember, famous Tech players get to host NFL pregame shows. Famous LSU players get go to jail for counterfeiting money.

We didn't even discuss how LSU is such a quality institution. Oh wait, you lost your Chancellor because he pretty much said, "LSU too degenerate a school to stick around... I'll take half the salary and go to a real school."

But don't fret LSU fans, the $300,000 for a Chancellor could better be spent on a new assistant tight ends coach, right? I mean, that's all that matters, isn't it?

I'm sure you will respond to this in the typical LSU-dropout style. Your comeback will probably be "Oh yeah, well we beat you! You're dumb! You suck!", blah, blah, blah. I hear it all the time. Please, try to do better.

Sincerely,

Mr. Domangue
    Tech Class of 2001, 2002

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Re: An Open Letter To LSU People in our Forums

I'm an LSU fan and alumnus who's been on this board and around Tech and the Ruston community for awhile. I come on this board because I like to see what's going on with Tech athletics, and I can also get some North La. gossip on here that's not readily available elsewhere. I try my best to be a good neighbor and behave on this board the way I would like guests on our LSU board to act. I am a moderator over at www.tigerforums.com and I know how smack-talk and flamers can get out of hand and cause trouble and generally bring a whole board down. I take my role very seriously and I try to be as polite as I can when I speak here, as I feel that, though I can't speak for every LSU fan, I speak for a segment of LSU fans; the ones who are members on our board. Also, for me, it's all about the Golden Rule; treat others as you would like to be treated.

Now, good-natured ribbing, is all right. We're passionate fans, all of us; we all do it. Nothing wrong with that at all. I engaged in plenty of it last November before the Tech/LSU game. Don't expect me to feel sorry for "poor little Tech being picked on by big bad LSU" either. My Tech buddies, they gave as good as they got, perhaps more, and although they were disappointed in the score, they took it like men, and nobody got upset or got their feelings hurt, and it was all okay. Sometimes, I give them grief about the state of their football and overall athletics program. I also catch grief, some of it deserved, about some of LSU's more "colorful" fans. That's fine. I met all kinds of different Tiger fans my four years, just as I have met all kinds of different Tech fans living most of my life in North Central Louisiana. Some Tech fans, and some LSU fans, are no good, worthless pieces of trash. The vast majority of both fan bases, however, are wonderful people. I know this, because I've seen it and I have heard it. Now, I'm not going to call anybody by name, but some LSU fans on here are walking the line that divides the two groups, and they really need to back off and give it a rest. There are also some Tech fans that go way, way overboard and show a hatred of LSU, and anyone or anything associated with LSU, that really is not healthy or classy. I'm not going to name names, and I'm not going to presume what to tell Tech fans to say or do on their own board. I will say that I've been offended by some of the things I've read on here. But I'm no thin-skinned PC wimp; I'm a big boy and I can handle it. And if pushed, I can dish it just as good as I can take it. I'd just rather not do so.

Now, to the trash-talking LSU "fans:" yes, there are some Tech fans who hate LSU, for many reasons. Some make sense, some are iffy, some are downright irrational. But regardless of the politics concerning our higher ed. situation in Louisiana, or the eagerness simply to cheer on an underdog or to see the mighty fall, I think the situation is not helped by you guys coming on here and committing one very bad no-no: showing hubris and belittling Tech. You know what I'm talking about, the "WE ARE BIG BAD MIGHTY LSU! YOU ARE SMALL, WEAK, PATHETIC LOUISIANA TECH! LOOK UPON OUR MIGHTY WORKS AND DESPAIR, YOU SMALL, WEAK, AND PATHETIC TECHSTERS! HOW COULD YOU EVEN THINK OF SUCCEEDING IN ATHLETICS! YOU ARE SMALL, WEAK, AND PATHETIC! YOU SHOULD JUST GIVE UP ATHLETICS NOW, AND BOW DOWN BEFORE MIGHTY LSU! SMALL, PATHETIC, WEAKLINGS!!!!"

That's exactly how you come off. And you're wrong. And you're stupid. Louisiana Tech University's athletic program has achieved a whole lot in it's history, and the fans of the school have a right to be proud. Now, they haven't won a Division 1-A national football championship yet, but they won three (I believe?) in lower divisions and they've achieved some success since they've moved up from 1-AA. Now, they may be down right now, but we were WAAAYYYY down for most of the '90s. So I'm not even going to go there. Also, only just now have we caught up to them in women's basketball. And I know, when I first got to campus in BR, women's basketball was a sore subject for a lot of Tiger fans. You can pretend you don't care; I know better. I know the success of the Lady Techsters made many down in BR envious. Maybe not anymore, but not too long ago, this was the case.

Three points about this:

1) Why does it bother you so when other Louisiana colleges succeed at the highest levels of Division 1 play? I think this is a GOOD THING for our state. It was a good thing for Louisiana when the Lady Techsters won national titles in basketball. It was a good thing when La. Tech's men's team reached their zenith in the mid 80s advancing deep into the NCAA Tourney. It was a good thing when UL-Lafayette and Tulane went to the College World Series and the WCWS. It was a good thing when McNeese State went to the 1-AA national championship. None of that takes away from what LSU does. We just had a banner year in athletics, led by a national title in football (and I don't care what anyone says, LSU is national champion by the system everyone agreed on before the season started and no one will ever convince me otherwise). What's it to you that other Louisiana colleges want to play D1-A football. As has been said on many other boards with regard to us, I will say it to you; quit worrying about what everyone else is doing. Worry about what WE are doing!

2) Why so insecure about USC? I don't need anyone else to validate what was confirmed over and over again before my very eyes last year: WE are the true national champions. Be confident in that and accept that. USC is a very good team, and a segment of the population is going to say that they are the true national champions. Why go around whining and screaming about that? A projection of power and a solid statement of confidence will go a lot farther than pitching a fit about how we aren't getting any respect. Respect is not given; you have to earn it. We'll do a better job of earning it when we say, "I don't care what anyone else says, we won the official national championship the way it was designed to be won by the system everyone agreed to. We made our case on the field. Believe what you want to believe."

3) If you are just upset because some Tech fans don't like you, here's a tip; once again, treat others like you would like to be treated. I don't come on here and belittle Tech; they have my full respect, as an athletic program and as a university. I admire what they are trying to achieve. I appreciate how passionate they are about their alma mater, because I feel the exact same way about mine. I cheer for Louisiana Tech to win every Saturday they aren't playing LSU or a couple of other schools that are also more special to me. I don't always agree with Tech fans on everything, but I respect their views. Give respect, and you will be given respect. Yet, all too often, LSU fans come on here and show an arrogance (YES, THERE, I SAID IT!) that is unbelievable. News flash boys; I'm a fan, not just of LSU, but of the game, the great American game, that is football. You think just because football isn't played in front of 92,000 fans, it's pathetic and meaningless. Get real. Get a life. Watch two smaller colleges, maybe even 1-AA schools, play a game sometime. The speed and power and pace may not be what you are used to, but the passion and the intensity is there. It's football, and it is glorious. The number of fans in the stands or the size of the school's budget make no difference to the 22 warriors out there laying it on the line. Try watching it sometime, you might enjoy it.

There, I have said what I think. Agree, disagree, in full or in part, fine. And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But that's how I see it.

Just one last thing...Domangue...

Personally, I'm proud to be a Louisiana Tech graduate and fan. I'm proud of our program's history. Remember, famous Tech players get to host NFL pregame shows. Famous LSU players get go to jail for counterfeiting money.
    You have every right to be proud. But come now, no current or former Tech athlete has EVER seen the inside of a jail cell or been in trouble with the law before? We both know that's not true.

We didn't even discuss how LSU is such a quality institution. Oh wait, you lost your Chancellor because he pretty much said, "LSU too degenerate a school to stick around... I'll take half the salary and go to a real school."

But don't fret LSU fans, the $300,000 for a Chancellor could better be spent on a new assistant tight ends coach, right? I mean, that's all that matters, isn't it?
    Chancellor Emmert "pretty much said" no such thing. He has only had very, very good things to say about LSU and I believe him. Some speculate he left because of the changing of the guard in Louisiana politics put in an administration that would not put much of a priority on higher education. I don't know if I believe that, despite Governor Blanco's immediate across-the-board 8% funding cut for Louisiana colleges. He was offered more money, not less, and the chance to go home again. I could hardly argue with that; if I had been away from North Louisiana most of my adult life and suddenly got an oppurtunity to make some serious money while living close to home, I'd jump at it. But through it all, he never deviated from his belief that LSU is a school with a solid foundation that is finally realizing it's potential and moving up.

And football is certainly not all that matters. Our Academic Center for Athletes and much improved graduation rates and team GPAs are testimony to that.

Just because I see your point of view sometimes (and I really do) doesn't mean I won't ever stop defending my alma mater when she is attacked.

Sorry I ran so long. I guess I just had a lot to say.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

You'll pardon me if I didnt read all that Jet. But I think it's safe to say that the original post was not directed at you.

You are indeed among that extraordinary 1% of lsu fans with class, good sense, and teeth.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

And let me say Champ, that I've always liked you and that you are one of the extraordinary 1% of liberals/left-wing guys that is actually a good American with a soul and something resembling a brain. :icon_wink God Bless You!

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

"You have every right to be proud. But come now, no current or former Tech athlete has EVER seen the inside of a jail cell or been in trouble with the law before? We both know that's not true."

What famous TECH player, one who is revered throughout the family, has ever been convicted of a felony?

Varsity Bulldog techgrad/tigerfan is on the way down

"Many of you (like S'port Tiger, techgrad/lsufan) are "those" people -- you know the ones still whining about the national champion USC team. USC got the century-old AP national championship plaque. The Tiggers got a 6 year old glass football object sponsored by Sears. "

In reading your post I wonder at the mental capacity of my Tech brethren. Does everyone have such a simplistic arguement for why Tech is better than LSU other than to deride LSU?

But, to fit in the LSU mold here are some class insults for Domique

1.)you had better have your fact straight before you mention my name jackass ... find ONE post with me "whining" about USC.

2.) Calling me inbred when you live in the backwoods of Arkansas? You must have a hell of an arm to throw such an insult from such a low position.

3.) Stick to what you know ... squirels and knitting.

4.) Until your illustrious "Tech" garners national prestige in acedemics, sports or anything other than the "Home of Terry Bradshaw" moniker all you appear to be is an LSU wannabe.
    Last edited by techgrad/tigerfan; 09-06-2004 at 03:53 PM.
    Tech 1987 - LSU 1996
    don't identify yourself by who you hate, stand on your own merit ... or can you?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techgrad/tigerfan
    "Many of you (like S'port Tiger, techgrad/lsufan) are "those" people -- you know the ones still whining about the national champion USC team. USC got the century-old AP national championship plaque. The Tiggers got a 6 year old glass football object sponsored by Sears. "

BIn reading your post I wonder at the mental capacity of my Tech brethren. Does everyone have such a simplistic arguement for why Tech is better than LSU other than to deride LSU?

But, to fit in the LSU mold here are some class insults for Domique

1.)you had better have your fact straight before you mention my name jackass ... find ONE post with me "whining" about USC.

2.) Calling me inbred when you live in the backwoods of Arkansas? You must have a hell of an arm to throw such an insult from such a low position.

3.) Stick to what you know ... squirels and knitting.

4.) Until your illustrious "Tech" garners national prestige in acedemics, sports or anything other than the "Home of Terry Bradshaw" moniker all you appear to be is an LSU wannabe.
    Thanks for the post. Jetstorm was really starting to make sense, but your ignorant diatribe has put everything back into perspective so I can start hating you again.

Wouldn't it figure that such a post would come from a non-LSU grad?

Varsity Bulldog Papadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the earsPapadawg62 seems to have something between the ears Papadawg62's Avatar

I wonder how accommidating the tiger board(s) would be if Tech fans went over there and berated them like they come over here and do? I think I know---they would remove our post and ban us from their board(s). I have NEVER desired to go to their boards, but I have known others that have and that is what happened. Maybe it is time for our administrators to do something like that. I for one would vote for that!!! I'm tired of their crap on our board!!! How about it guys?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow
    Thanks for the post. Jetstorm was really starting to make sense, but your ignorant diatribe has put everything back into perspective so I can start hating you again.

Wouldn't it figure that such a post would come from a non-LSU grad?
    so you are saying that a La Tech grad would have made a better come-back? LOL I am a Tech grad .... and an LSU grad.

just trying to fit in the mold Domique set for us. His post is really funny for the ignorance it shows, mostly from the vast ignorance of anything he spoke about. One is that he posted MY name, I have not posted here or anywhere else about "USC". He just reached for a familiar name. Second, his comment about Emmert is truly ignorant. Lastly, calling someone inbred from the hillbilly nation of Arkansas is the epitome of ignorant.
    Tech 1987 - LSU 1996
    don't identify yourself by who you hate, stand on your own merit ... or can you?

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techgrad/tigerfan
    so you are saying that a La Tech grad would have made a better come-back? LOL I am a Tech grad .... and an LSU grad.
    I am too, and you still do not see why people on this board have no respect for you. Jetstorm tried to post a very respectable post about how fans act, but you come back and totally wash everything he says by your total disrespect for a school that you call yourself an alumni of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    I am too, and you still do not see why people on this board have no respect for you. Jetstorm tried to post a very respectable post about how fans act, but you come back and totally wash everything he says by your total disrespect for a school that you call yourself an alumni of.
    you are about as an astute readers as Dominque .. find where I "disrespected" Tech. I am just tired of the generalities of LSU and especially their football program. But most especially when my name is mentioned
    Tech 1987 - LSU 1996

Champ tylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the roughtylerdawg is a jewel in the rough tylerdawg's Avatar

I believe the LSU "wannabe" comment is the one that people are referring to.

What is really sad is that in your mind people on this board and most Tech alumni want to be like LSU alumni. I am sure there are a few but the vast majority support their alma mater. Tech receives 1/3 of its operating budget from the state, the balance from private funds....someone must like what they have experienced at Tech and companies must like what is being produced at Tech.

I have great respect for LSU's national championship in football, there are 115 teams that are envyious (sp.) of LSU and USC, pointing out Tech is no different that pointing out the other 114. I guess there are 115 teams that "wannabe" like the LSU and USC Football teams of 2003.

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

Wink Re: An Open Letter To LSU People in our Forums

MY RESPONSE

My goal in starting this thread was to keep all the LSU talk in one single location, and I hope this will persist in the future.

TO JETSTORM

I respect your post, and I respect any LSU person on here who has a legitimate interest in keeping up with Tech athletics. It's the losers who come on here just to talk smack and couldn't even name off any Tech players that I referred to.

I did indeed go over the top with the comments regarding former Chancellor Emmert. I was being a little silly, but I wanted to point out how LSU weighs the importance of athletics versus academics. Actually, I'm not ignorant, and I understand the reasons he left. It was an embarrassing situation for the school, and that's why it was "swept under the rug," if you will.

TO TECHGRAD/TIGERFAN

Maybe I put a few words in your mouth, but from your many posts on here, it seems you fit the mold I speak of.

I really don't understand where you started calling me a resident of Arkansas. My profile clearly shows that I am from, and currently live in, HOUMA, LOUISIANA.

There is no Tech versus LSU pi$$ing match. I'm not on here trying to say if Tech is BETTER than LSU. Academically they're equivalent. If you don't believe that, take off your rose-colored glasses. Athletically, LSU is usually better in most sports. Both schools are quality institutions.

I'm only voicing my opinion on why there are a lot of jackasses around the state who feel as though LSU should be the only Division 1-A school in the state. When those people come onto our forums with a condescending attitude, I'm going to defend my alma mater.
    Last edited by domangue; 09-10-2004 at 03:06 PM.

confused you with Aubunique, he is in Arkansas ... but being in Houma and calling me inbred is even worse, LOL

Seems like you mentioned my name as a matter of convienience before doing your research .. I suggest you do better research before making general statements as you are prone to do. AND IMO, most of the anti-LSU statements are motivated by jealousy, hence the "LSU-wannabe" statement
    Tech 1987 - LSU 1996

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I do live in Arkansas but got my genes in Ruston. May parents were related only by marriage, a custom not meticulously honored in much of the region.

+ Reply to Thread