+ Reply to Thread

Thread: need help from south louisiana

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

need help from south louisiana

oh my God!!! my back yard has been taken over by love bugs! i think every love bug in the state of mississippi has taken up residence in my back yard. i am trying to build a storage building and i can't get anything done because of these pesky little things. they are swarming me, crawling all over my tools, flying into my mouth and ears, and just getting everywhere. some of you folks from south louisiana need to help me out. how do you get rid of these things?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Re: need help from south louisiana

Wait for a good wind.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasbob
    some of you folks from south louisiana need to help me out. how do you get rid of these things?
    Move to Ruston.

Hehe. I lived in the most love bug infested corner of South Louisiana all of my life and the only thing that can kinda git rid of them is to have lots of shade trees. And that's only an observation, it may not reallt work.

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

thanks, but that's not much help

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

born and raised in Galliano, LA.

Q: How do you get rid of these things (love bugs)

A: You don't.

The bright side: at least they don't bite!

TF!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Kill as many as you can with your windshield.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

napalm works! Wait till dusk though because all the little flaming corpses make a little meteor shower.... its quite pretty!!!!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

"Nothing like the smell of napalm in the morning"

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

how do you get rid of these things?
    You're in luck. The stupid 1994 assault-style weapons ban expired at midnight tonight.

Happy hunting!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Funny thing about growing up in Louisiana and fishing all night on Caddo Lake and other fine swamps is that something of an immunity seems to develop or maybe it is just attitude.
    I have many times slept outdoors, on the ground, in wet clothing I have worn all day wading an Ozark Mountain stream and got up and waded the next day and got home without any sign of an insect bite.
    Other people, of course, point out constantly that the bugs are eating them up outdoors in Northwest Arkansas in summer.
    It just may be that if a person believes bugs are going to bite him then his anxiety and fear will create an odor that attracts the critters. Sort of like a QB who doesn't want a linebacker to catch up with him!

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

oh my God!!! my back yard has been taken over by love bugs! i think every love bug in the state of mississippi has taken up residence in my back yard. i am trying to build a storage building and i can't get anything done because of these pesky little things. they are swarming me, crawling all over my tools, flying into my mouth and ears, and just getting everywhere. some of you folks from south louisiana need to help me out. how do you get rid of these things?
    We play a special Zydeco tune that sends them to Mississippi.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg
    We play a special Zydeco tune that sends them to Mississippi.
    i knew it was a malicious plan by you louisianians.

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Wait for a good wind.
    looks like we will get a good one tonight.

speaking of malicious louisianians, i heard a pretty funny myth that love bugs were an lsu biological experiment gone bad. they said lsu researchers tried to cross-breed mosquitos and dragonflies in order to create something that would reproduce rapidly and eat mosquitos. the plan supposedly backfired when the population took off and they wouldn't eat the mosquitos.

fact is, they migrated from central america, and the adults don't eat anything at all. but i like the lsu conspiracy theory better.

+ Reply to Thread