+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loads of respect for ULM

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Loads of respect for ULM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...wire&type=lgns

"But what do the Hogs get? Well, with ULM scheduled every other year for the next decade, the Razorbacks get to beat up on the Sun Belt Conference whipping boy , and a young, rebuilding Arkansas team gets a much needed victory for an opportunity to make a bowl game. Call it "Spooky Saturday."

"What a recruiting tool it would be to have Arkansans come to your second-rate school by promising a matchup in the state capitol with the state's flagship institution every other year."

"Other SBC teams bring similar attacks, but ULM, with its record of 1-11 last season, doesn't seem threatening at any position. As a result, the Hogs will get the equivalent of a bye week in the middle of the season."

"Now, Razorback fans hope that the Hogs won't have the "Spooky Saturday" switch and start playing like the Indians."

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Re: Loads of respect for ULM

Just proves how out of touch the NCAA is. What a joke. Maybe we could play UT in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl for one of our home games.

Varsity Bulldog techfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nicetechfreak is just really nice techfreak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg
    Maybe we could play UT in Dallas at the Cotton Bowl for one of our home games.
    I know that you were being REALLY sarcastic when you wrote this, but that would be one HELL of an idea.

I don't really care if it's a home game for us or not, but why not TRY to set up a "home and home" with UT or a two for one with UT?

After seeing us play A&M in Shreveport a few years back, I started wondering about the possibility of playing Texas.

What would ya'll think about a 2 for 1 with the Longhorns. Two for one meaning one game in Austin, one game in Dallas, and one game in Shreveport?

It seems like the only way we get the big guys these days is with a 2 for 1. That's how we got KState, Miami, and A&M to Shreveport. Why can't we try it with UT.
    We need to find a game in Dallas to replace the "every other year" game with SMU now that they are CUSA bound.

I wonder if Jim Oakes ever thought about going down this avenue?

TF!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak
    I know that you were being REALLY sarcastic when you wrote this, but that would be one HELL of an idea.

I don't really care if it's a home game for us or not, but why not TRY to set up a "home and home" with UT or a two for one with UT?

After seeing us play A&M in Shreveport a few years back, I started wondering about the possibility of playing Texas.

What would ya'll think about a 2 for 1 with the Longhorns. Two for one meaning one game in Austin, one game in Dallas, and one game in Shreveport?

It seems like the only way we get the big guys these days is with a 2 for 1. That's how we got KState, Miami, and A&M to Shreveport. Why can't we try it with UT.
    We need to find a game in Dallas to replace the "every other year" game with SMU now that they are CUSA bound.

TF!
    Since UT plays Oklahoma there, I doubt that they would go for another one. However, Texas Tech might. We need to talk them into playing us instead of SMU. Show them what our traveling crowd is like for Dallas and they might agree.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techfreak

TF!
    Better yet, why not Texas A&M instead of Texas? We have a history with Texas A&M and frankly, I believe we could beat Texas A&M this year. We could set up a home and home (likely a 2 for 1) to play in Dallas two years and Shreveport for one. And since Coach Fran's team is on the ropes these days, he just might do it.

Playing in Dallas would be good for Louisiana Tech's recruiting too. With SMU moving to the "weaker" CUSA in 2005, LA Tech could set up a rivalry with TA&M at the Cotton Bowl and display our outstanding "local" talent such as Ryan Moats, a Dallas native.

HD

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

Big Grin Re: Loads of respect for ULM

I would go with either; however, I would LOVE to play Texas.

+ Reply to Thread