+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enrollment Falls

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Enrollment Falls

Enrollment falls after run of increases; number up for grad students - dtucker

After eight straight enrollment increases, Louisiana Tech’s 2004 fall enrollment stands at 11,710, down from 11,975 in 2003, according to Sept. 22 figures. The decline measures 2.2 percent.

“I was more surprised last year when we added 700 students than I am by this year’s numbers,” Tech President Dan Reneau said. “Given last year’s amazing surge in overall enrollment, I almost expected there would be a leveling off.

"We have always valued quality over quantity," Reneau said. For example, this year's freshman ACT score rose from 22.2 to 22.5.

Tech remains the largest university in North Louisiana.

In addition, for the third straight year Tech's graduate student enrollment set a record at 2,379, up nearly 7 percent from 2,227 in 2003.

“I am thrilled with the graduate student enrollment,” Reneau said. “Growth in this area has been a big goal for Tech as we seek to move to the next Southern Regional Education Board doctoral level.”

Dr. Terry McConathy, executive vice president and dean of the Graduate School, said the increase in graduate students could be the result of degree programs such as the interdisciplinary Master of Science in molecular sciences and nanotechnology offered by the College of Applied and Natural Sciences and the College of Engineering and Science.

“Several of the degrees Tech offers are unique and not readily available elsewhere in this area,” she said. “There’s also engineering’s Master of Science in microsystems engineering and Liberal Arts’ doctorate in audiology.”

As for the lower numbers, Pamela Ford, dean of enrollment management, said that a number of scenarios likely are affecting enrollment at Tech, including the following:

• A revised admissions framework for four-year public universities will take effect fall of 2005 under the Master Plan for Public Postsecondary Education. This may already be diverting students into the new community and technical college system, which is mostly open admissions and where courses cost less and are fully transferable.

• Admission standards at Tech will be raised again in 2005, a third increase in standards in just more than five years. The last increase was in fall of 2003. Tech may be feeling the cumulative effects of these increases.

• A record 871 Tech graduates in spring of 2004 and a near-record graduating class of 821 in spring of 2003 have shrunk the overall student population.

• Deployments at Barksdale Air Force Base, where Tech has a campus, may be affecting enrollment.

In other fall enrollment numbers, the class of incoming freshmen stands at 1,914, down from last year’s total of 2,121. Ford noted, however, that from 1996 to 2003, first-time freshman enrollment had increased 56 percent and that the growth had been expected to slow.

“Quality over quantity is not something you can complain about,” she said. Tech's official enrollment figures for the year are based on its ninth-class day enrollment, as mandated by the Board of Regents.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Enrollment Falls

I was hoping we would hit 12,000

Puppy BlownF150 is an unknown

I'd rather see lower enrollment....so hard to find a parking space!

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

Blown, do you have a Lightning or a Harley?

Puppy BlownF150 is an unknown

Neither...F-150 with an ATI ProCharger.

Champ DogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond reputeDogtorEvil has a reputation beyond repute DogtorEvil's Avatar

I just about added "or aftermarket" to the original question.

I've got an '03 HD.

Puppy Thornhillbum2005 is on the way downThornhillbum2005 is on the way down

well i see that there are some rednecks attending the fine college of louisiana tech university.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Thornhillbum2005
    well i see that there are some rednecks attending the fine college of louisiana tech university.
    Because you give no info about yourself, clearly you're here for the sole purpose of flaming. No matter; you become the second poster to earn "Ignore" privileges which worked so well with another poster who shall remain nameless. I invite everyone else to do the same.

Good bye, T05.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I feel sorry for your sorry ass school that you've got to come on this board talkin' sh!t. Surely you've got something better to do than to come on this board and show your ass...probably not. So, for the time being, why don't you shut your damn mouth?

tenacious and johnny sure are two well rounded individuals im glad to see that your mother and father did such a great job forcing their beliefs into their bible belt children. Whats it like to live in north louisiana your entire life? oh oh oh oh and by the way could you please tell me where i attend school? oh and could you tell me if it just might be located on Tech drive? ( and im not talking about that high school) so in point: before you open your close minded mouth- you may want to analize a situation.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We'd know where you went to school if you said anything about it. Oh to be an open-minded, enlightened individual such as yourself. This board if for Tech fans...you are obviously not one, so carry your ass.

how about you learn the meaning of tradition johny until then ride fast in that lightnin. oh and what college do you attend?

tenacious and johnny sure are two well rounded individuals im glad to see that your mother and father did such a great job forcing their beliefs into their bible belt children. Whats it like to live in north louisiana your entire life? oh oh oh oh and by the way could you please tell me where i attend school? oh and could you tell me if it just might be located on Tech drive? ( and im not talking about that high school) so in point: before you open your close minded mouth- you may want to analize a situation.
    By the way, my statement still stands: I feel sorry for your school. You come here and flame true fans b/c we aren't "enlightened" like you. You're so enlightened that you make stupid statements about our parents and our beliefs...yeah, you're the more evolved one.

how about you learn the meaning of tradition johny until then ride fast in that lightnin. oh and what college do you attend?
    What the hell are you talking about? Is it computer time at the psych ward? Why the hell would I be here if I wasn't a Tech Alumn? I think you forgot to take your med's this morning.

you are an idiot.....i go to tech ....but when i do graduate i will be sure not to live in Ruston if the citizens carry themselves like you.

+ Reply to Thread