+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is LSU still ranked?

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Why is LSU still ranked?

They are 3-2 with their 3 wins coming against team with a 3-12 combined record (Miss St, Oregon St, and Ark ST.) They should be 2-3 on the year had not the officials/ Oregon St kicker not stole the game away from Oregon St.

Oh well, we all know they are going nowhere, right Techgrad/Tiger Fan? :icon_razz

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Football Re: Why is LSU still ranked?

Just goestashowzha that they were lucky last year. It really hacked me off that they got to be co-chumps last year simply because they lost a game early and not late. The polls give way more weight to late season performance than early season performance. Had the Sooners lost early and then dominated the remainder of the year, no one would've questioned OU being in the chomp-ion-chip. In fact, had they not lost, LSU wouldn't have even been considered.

However, that doesn't excuse them from getting stomped in the Sugar Bowl!!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Why is LSU still ranked?

I'm not worried about LSU. I'm just enjoying being a Tech fan this week.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg
    They are 3-2 with their 3 wins coming against team with a 3-12 combined record (Miss St, Oregon St, and Ark ST.) They should be 2-3 on the year had not the officials/ Oregon St kicker not stole the game away from Oregon St.

Oh well, we all know they are going nowhere, right Techgrad/Tiger Fan? :icon_razz
    Alta, LSU could lose to Slippery Rock and Monmouth College and still be ranked in the top 20. This has been going on for years and I doubt that it will change any time soon.

Champ kdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the roughkdaniel72 is a jewel in the rough

Hey man stay off the ROCK!

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kdaniel72
    Hey man stay off the ROCK!
    Okay, how bout Fairfield?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

They're still ranked because both teams they lost to are in the top 10. I'm not defending LSU...if their play continues as is, they'll be out before long. I'm not sure they should be out just yet. However, I do believe Tech has defeated more ranked team than them this year.

Go Dawgs!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Why do we care? This is a Tech board - bet they didn't even notice Tech beat a ranked opponent while they were crying over in Georgia! We've got another tough one next week - lets just enjoy our big win!!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin
    They're still ranked because both teams they lost to are in the top 10. I'm not defending LSU...if their play continues as is, they'll be out before long. I'm not sure they should be out just yet. However, I do believe Tech has defeated more ranked team than them this year.

Go Dawgs!
    both of Tech's losses were to top 10, and Tech has a win against top 25.

Varsity Bulldog raiderdj is an unknown

Same reason Arizona State is ranked below half the big ten when they SPANKED Iowa and beat Norhwestern at home. Ohio State loses to Northwestern and they are still ranked higher than an undefeated ASU when the Buckeyes have one loss.

It's simple, pre-season polls are based on "what have you done for me lately" and reputation. LSU and Ohio State are recent powers and recent National Champions, so they get the benefit of the doubt, especially in the early polls.

If ASU beats USC in two weeks, and is 6-0, they'll jump into the top ten.

In any case, who cares, the Dawgs need to go undefeated in the WAC and control what they can. Wins and Losses.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

After LSU plays Florida this weekend, you won't have to worry about them being ranked. Everyone wave as they go by

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Have I mentioned that pre-season polls suck?

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu
    Have I mentioned that pre-season polls suck?
    that pretty much sums it up, adawg.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

If me and you are both trying to get to Auburn, AL and I start in Texas and you start in Mississippi, even if you take a few steps back and I take a huge leap forward, you're still closer than I am...but you're right, preseason polls suck.

Varsity Bulldog techgrad/tigerfan is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by altadawg

LOL, another LSU thread in La Tech football board ... the officials? How did they "steal" the game away? I guess I could say the same thing about the LSU Auburn game, but rather I choose to see the big picture in that the number in the W column is all that matters. Given the Auburn game, the LSU kicker and the Officials "gave" the game to Auburn, therefore using your BS logic, then your 2-3 becomes 4-1.

pre-season polls are a joke ... All they are is a beauty contest, need to play at least one game before they come out.

I picked 9-2 at the before the season .. figured losing to Auburn & Georgia on the road mostly because LSU beat them last year. So I am where I thought we would be, just didn't think the last game would be a dismantling.

Good luck to the Tech players at Auburn!!
    Tech 1987 - LSU 1996
    don't identify yourself by who you hate, stand on your own merit ... or can you?

+ Reply to Thread