+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No more "Lady Techsters?"

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: No more "Lady Techsters?"

Who cares what a bunch of whiners want. They knew they would be called the Techsters before they decided to play here. If they want to be a "bitch", let them go to Georgia.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

There is only one reason that the "Lady Techsters" name was originated. And that reason hasn't been at Tech for over 19 years.

The official mascot already is and team nickname should be "Bulldogs" for ALL teams. And that means no "Lady Bulldogs" for any women's teams.

Exempting women's basketball is ridiculous if any change is made. Make any change across the board or keep the status quo.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Who cares what a bunch of whiners want. They knew they would be called the Techsters before they decided to play here. If they want to be a "bitch", let them go to Georgia.
    Who said they were whining? You are assuming facts not in evidence. They want to be Bulldogs. That is admirable.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I am not getting into this debate per say, but I would like to reply to the post above about the other womens sports winning.

I have coached at many levels; high school, club etc and I will say one thing about winning, its very hard to do when for a long time the only sports who were supported by fans administration etc were football and womens basketball. Even football has taken a backseat at times in the eyes of the admin. I also many of the womens sports haven't had even the half ass coaching searches that some of the mens positions have had. I was at Tech when we had a horrible volleyball coach ( no one and I mean no one from JO on down liked her and I heard it from his lips and many others), a tennis coach who wasn't really a coach at all, and some of the other sports; mens and womens have suffered the same.

Base it on whatever you want too but we all know the coaching at Tech at times has left a lot to be desired. Coach Sim is the only one right now I think anyone would still be comfortable giving carte blanche over a program.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid
    I say that either they all go to Lady Bulldogs or they all go to Lady Techsters. Having part of the women's teams with one name and part of the women's teams with another is just dumb. Personally, I like Lady Techsters. It's unique and people remember it.SK
    Exactly. Would anyone want our football team to be called "The Bulldogs" and our men's basketball team to be called "Techsters", "Techmen", or whatever? Of course not.

Call our female athletes whatever they want as long as ALL of the programs unify under the same official name and logo.
    Last edited by DogsWin; 10-07-2004 at 10:54 PM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg
    Austin, it has been rumbling for some time. This is not an "all of the sudden thing." The girls I've heard talking about this just don't like the name "Techster" at all. They want to be Bulldogs, because that is what Tech is.
    Oh goodie! Now our girls can be just like EVERY OTHER STINKIN "Lady Bulldog" mascot. :icon_roll

Let's see........we can trade-in our traditional "uniqueness" and become just like Georgia, Mississippi State, Fresno State, and all the others.

This kinda crap only happens at Louisiana Tech.

Hey.......who needs tradition in college sports anyway. :icon_wink

HD

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Are we just like any other Bulldogs in football? Where are the traditional letters in the endzone?

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Oh goodie! Now our girls can be just like EVERY OTHER STINKIN "Lady Bulldog" mascot. :icon_roll

Let's see........we can trade-in our traditional "uniqueness" and become just like Georgia, Mississippi State, Fresno State, and all the others.

This kinda crap only happens at Louisiana Tech.

Hey.......who needs tradition in college sports anyway. :icon_wink

HD
    Agreed, its a strong standing tradition with immediate national recognition. Why mess with a good thing. And oh by the way, the mascot of the Lady Techsters is still the Bulldog. I don't believe I've ever seen someone dressed up in a "Techster" suit at women's games.

The name recognition is "Louisiana Tech."

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The name recognition is "Louisiana Tech."
    and the two things that people relate to "Louisiana Tech" is Terry Bradshaw and the Lady Techsters.

That's the truth.

Terry Bradshaw and women's basketball. Nobody knows what a "Techster" is. Besides, nobody is trying to change the name of the basketball team.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Terry Bradshaw and women's basketball. Nobody knows what a "Techster" is. Besides, nobody is trying to change the name of the basketball team.
    Change them all or change none.

That's my opinion. Hopefully, the administration will find a way to include the alumni's voice in this decision.

People will be upset either way. But it could turn into a publicity black eye if not handled correctly.

Clyde, with all due respect, and I really mean that I see both sides of the issue and I respect your opinion, I disagree that it has to be all or none. There is no reason why the name "Lady Techster" can't be used exclusively for the women's basketball team, and could, if marketed properly, be an advantage.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Terry Bradshaw and women's basketball. Nobody knows what a "Techster" is.
    Please tell me you are kidding! Saying that "nobody knows what a Techster is" is just plain silly. That's like saying nobody knows who the "WAR Eagles" are from Auburn, or the "G-men" from Grambling, or the "Men (and Women) of Troy" from Southern Cal, or the "Bayou (and Lady) Bengals" from LSU. None of those names are the "official" school mascot, but everybody damn sure knows who you are talking about when you mention those names.

Jeez folks....think outside the box just a little!!! :icon_roll

HD

Clyde, with all due respect, and I really mean that I see both sides of the issue and I respect your opinion, I disagree that it has to be all or none. There is no reason why the name "Lady Techster" can't be used exclusively for the women's basketball team, and could, if marketed properly, be an advantage.
    Actually, I'm okay with Sooners postion stated above.

Frankly, as long as the women's basketball team keeps the traditional "Lady Techsters" name, I don't really care what the rest of the women's programs decide to call themselves (although I think it would be foolish on their part to WANT to change.)

Let's be honest here. All of the other Louisiana Tech women's athletic programs COMBINED haven't produced even one-tenth of the fame, fortune, respect and publicity that the Lady Techster basketball team has earned for our beloved university over the last 25 to 30 years. So in my opinion, none of the women's athletic programs at Tech have EARNED the right to call themselves "Lady Techsters", except those who have been recruited into the storied women's basketball program.

But, having said that, please don't say "nobody knows what a Techster is". We get enough fiction on this board from the usual flamers, so there's no need in creating more.

HD

+ Reply to Thread