+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: No more "Lady Techsters?"

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No more "Lady Techsters?"

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired
    Just a little note to all you who hate the "Techster" moniker.... I was in Wal-Mart in our fair city today and guess what they are selling? A nice baseball cap with "Techsters" (not Lady, just Techsters) in cursive written across the front. On the side was a picture of our mascot, the bulldog.

It also seems that the word "Techsters" has been copyrighted by Tech because it had one of those little circled r's immediately after "Techsters."
    I sure hope we have it copywrited. It is the most unusual different name in all of sports.

Did you think that cap might be representing the softball team?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    Guys. To ourselves and hopefully to our conference mates we are TECH. But in the national spotlight there are many Techs. Ga Tech used to be "The" Tech. But then Tex Tech started accumulating million dollar sponsors and expanding athletic faciities and became a recognizable "Tech". Va Tech has become nationally known. The Ladys put La Tech in the national spotlight and that is where I first heard the reference Lah Tech. In our own little world we are the only Tech in town but nationally we are not. We are a recognized entity as Lah Tech and we are the only Lah Tech. What could be so wrong with that?
    I really prefer not to split hairs here, but I will point out to you my first year at La Tech in 1972 it was referred to as that in many locales, including several NCAA College Division football games (which were televised). The Lady Techsters came on a couple of years later.
    tm
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

I seem to remember that Virginia Tech was VPI for decades before the Tech part became prominent. Even their alumni magazine is the Virginia Tech magazine now, but Virginia Polytechnic Institute remains the buried but still official name.

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    I sure hope we have it copywrited. It is the most unusual different name in all of sports.

Did you think that cap might be representing the softball team?
    I guess it is possible... but I have never seen anything being marketed for the softball team -- period -- much less in the middle of football season. It really was a nice looking cap... although the dominant color on the front was kakhi with tech blue on the sides and back.

Anyone in town for the game Saturday should check it out. It's in the section of college clothing directly in front of the dressing rooms.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    I seem to remember that Virginia Tech was VPI for decades before the Tech part became prominent. Even their alumni magazine is the Virginia Tech magazine now, but Virginia Polytechnic Institute remains the buried but still official name.
    Hokey - Hokey - Hokey - HI
    We are the boys from VPI!

Still one of the simplest and BEST cheers in all of college athletics...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread