+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a Democrat, Republican, or Southern Republican?

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Re: Are you a Democrat, Republican, or Southern Republican?

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Good points, yet completely bypassing the whole anti-christian bloodlust issue.
    Not bloodlust...just plain old common sense! You pull a gun, you use it...and use it to stop the offender. Trying to judiciously aim at the kneecaps of an advancing foe is not only ill-advised...it's just plain dumb!

The punishment my 1911 metes out is neither cruel or unusual...a quick double tap to center mass with 230 grain Hydra-Shoks ends the argument.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I think you are really stretching, or completely missing the point. Let me lay this out for you:

The Bible: Thous Shalt not Kill

They way you interpret the Bible: Thou Shalt Not Kill, unless of course if by leaving the man alive you stand to incur minor annoyances, like losing a day or two of work to show up in court, or possibly losing some money, because let's face it, money is much more important than people, so yeah, in that case, it's perfectly fine to kill someone.

But if you want to call me dumb for actually walking the walk, rather than just talking the talk, go ahead.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I think you are really stretching, or completely missing the point. Let me lay this out for you:

They way you interpret the Bible: Thou Shalt Not Kill, unless of course if by leaving the man alive you stand to incur minor annoyances, like losing a day or two of work to show up in court, or possibly losing some money, because let's face it, money is much more important than people, so yeah, in that case, it's perfectly fine to kill someone.

But if you want to call me dumb for actually walking the walk, rather than just talking the talk, go ahead.
    Not to be rude, but I do not need a 23 year old that is still in school laying anything out for me. Of course, when I was 23 I thought Canada had a good mediacl delivery system...I learned better! Once you've managed to live in the real world for another 20 years I might listen.

FYI, I know someone that shot someone else in self-defense...the shootee hired himself a lawyer and the insurance company saw its way clear to pay the shootee $1,000,000 because the shooter had a shotgun and the shootee only had a baseball bat! It didn't matter that the shootee had already hit the shooter twice with the bat!

As liberals often do you turned the arguement from one of self-defense to killing and money; it's about one thing: SURVIVAL! Again, when one is advancing on you with a weapon and his desire is to kill you...you damned well better shoot to kill because otherwise you continue to put yourself and those with you at risk. I have no lofty notions of "shoot to wound" beacuse I usually have my wife and three children to think about...and the last thing I want to worry about is some asshole that only seconds before was trying to make evil on them.

I suspect even our resident liberals will disagree with you on your points...beacuse none have come to your defense!

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

Of course this was hypothetical, but you are an idiot. Even an expert marksman misses on occasion. While this lunatic is stabbing and doing whatever else to you and yours, I'm making his head look like a canoe and taking it up with God afterwards.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

"If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty" (Exodus 22:2)

In Luke, Jesus tells his disciples to purchase a sword. During his upcoming arrest and execution, he gave the Disciples approval to defend themselves.

David is a Biblical hero who is made famous by a killing. Even though it was during a war, with this example Christians must acknowledge that there are times where killing someone can be justified. Murder is always wrong, but killing someone isn't always a sin.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Daybreaker, If this were to happen to my family and I did miss and hit him in the knees, the next shot I would take would be in the groin area. After that, a couple in the arms and then legs. Then I would probably walk away and let him suffer a painful death.

And from what I remember of the Bible, God did lots of killing to any one who messed with his chosen people. Some killing is justified.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't the more accurate translation "Thou shalt not murder?"

Big difference between killing and murdering.

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty
    "If a thief is caught in the act of breaking into a house and is killed in the process, the person who killed the thief is not guilty" (Exodus 22:2)

In Luke, Jesus tells his disciples to purchase a sword. During his upcoming arrest and execution, he gave the Disciples approval to defend themselves.

David is a Biblical hero who is made famous by a killing. Even though it was during a war, with this example Christians must acknowledge that there are times where killing someone can be justified. Murder is always wrong, but killing someone isn't always a sin.
    Excellent post...

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by duckbillplatty

Thanks for posting those comments!

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Well, geez Johnny. If you want to get all technical and rely on "facts" and stuff.

But thanks for posting that, because whenever I've asked for clarification on the issue, no one has ever given me anything from the Bible to back it up.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

no one has ever given me anything from the Bible to back it up.
    Hehe. Thanks for the compliments. It's pretty good reading material.

I'm also part of a group that every now and then relates Christianity to politics, fights over denomonations, and ribs about Biblical/Christian contradictions. So I happened to already have that stuff ready.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Not to be rude, but I do not need a 23 year old that is still in school laying anything out for me. Of course, when I was 23 I thought Canada had a good mediacl delivery system...I learned better! Once you've managed to live in the real world for another 20 years I might listen.

FYI, I know someone that shot someone else in self-defense...the shootee hired himself a lawyer and the insurance company saw its way clear to pay the shootee $1,000,000 because the shooter had a shotgun and the shootee only had a baseball bat! It didn't matter that the shootee had already hit the shooter twice with the bat!

As liberals often do you turned the arguement from one of self-defense to killing and money; it's about one thing: SURVIVAL! Again, when one is advancing on you with a weapon and his desire is to kill you...you damned well better shoot to kill because otherwise you continue to put yourself and those with you at risk. I have no lofty notions of "shoot to wound" beacuse I usually have my wife and three children to think about...and the last thing I want to worry about is some asshole that only seconds before was trying to make evil on them.

I suspect even our resident liberals will disagree with you on your points...beacuse none have come to your defense!
    I'll bite. And since a 23 year old's opinion doesn't count to you, how about a 34 year old who lived the last four years in downtown Washington? I, like most Democrats, believe in the right to defend one's self. I kept a gun at my house despite District law and was well prepared to use it if my life was in danger.

But let's go back to the ridiculous first post. The guy has a knife. Why would you "double tap to center mass" and splatter him like a monster in a video game? It's just over the top -- especially when just showing the guy your gun would probably do the trick. And if that doesn't do it, I agree with daybreaker that shooting him in the knees is the most proportionate thing to do. And this argument about paying for the guy's medical bills afterwards (as highly unlikely as that is) beats being put in jail for killing a guy with a knife in my book. Believe me, any jury in DC would be more than happy to put you behind bars for killing somebody that looks like them.
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG
    I'll bite. And since a 23 year old's opinion doesn't count to you, how about a 34 year old who lived the last four years in downtown Washington? I, like most Democrats, believe in the right to defend one's self. I kept a gun at my house despite District law and was well prepared to use it if my life was in danger.

But let's go back to the ridiculous first post. The guy has a knife. Why would you "double tap to center mass" and splatter him like a monster in a video game? It's just over the top -- especially when just showing the guy your gun would probably do the trick. And if that doesn't do it, I agree with daybreaker that shooting him in the knees is the most proportionate thing to do. And this argument about paying for the guy's medical bills afterwards (as highly unlikely as that is) beats being put in jail for killing a guy with a knife in my book. Believe me, any jury in DC would be more than happy to put you behind bars for killing somebody that looks like them.
    Contrary to liberal belief, you do not shoot to wound when defending yourself.

As for the "double tap to center mass," I don't want a knife-weilding PCP addict continuing his advance on me...he may not be alone. Thus, I am going to put his ass down and take my look-see to make sure he is alone! From your perspective, what should I do? Ask him if he had a bad childhood in a fatherless home, then offer him a nice home cooked meal!

As for the DC jury, I don't live in DC...I live in Texas and by law have the right to defend myself...and anyone else that might need that assistance!

+ Reply to Thread