+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Establishment Downtown???

Puppy TexasBulldog is an unknown

New Establishment Downtown???

Does anyone know what is going to be in the old Bus Stop downtown? It looks like it may be in the process of being renovated into some sort of diner. Can anyone shed some light onto this?

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: New Establishment Downtown???

All I know is what you have already stated. It will be the "Bus Stop Diner"
    Go Tech!

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

The new Bus Stop Diner will sort of be similar to the old Daddy O's that was next to Anthony's and burned down last year.

It's going to be a '50s style burger joint, but it will also be open for breakfast. I think tentative hours are 6am-9pm Mon-Thurs, 6-10 Fri, 10am-10pm Sat, and 11-2 on Sunday.

I only know this much because my fiance will be a waitress there. And neither one of us know when the restaurant will open. It was supposed to open last month, but they are behind schedule.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    I only know this much because my fiance will be a waitress there.
    Fiance? Where did you find a blind, deaf girl?:icon_razz Just kidding, Bret. Congrats.

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

Heard Outback is coming too.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

...and Lowe's

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

and Bicknell's Bargain Bonanza.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    ...and Lowe's
    JBIII can get boxes there but I hope they can be found before this gets built in Ruston.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Hell, I got boxes. I'll even bring them from McKinney to his front door step and help he and his family pack them. I may even rent the U-haul for him.

Puppy dawgfighter305 has turned a few heads around heredawgfighter305 has turned a few heads around here

The Bus Stop Diner is good. Great food, all American kind of place, reminds me a lot of Daddy-o's. The only problem: the prices. They are a bit steep for college students, I think my fiance' and I spent about $22 for the 2 of us.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

I tell ya, Chili's is doing great now. I pass by quite often and the lot is always packed. I did go by one night when I saw an amazing site, TWO open parking places. Kinda understandable though, it was during a huge storm. Went by at 9:30 last night and is was still packed. Hopefully other restaurants will see the benifits of openning in Ruston.

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Chili's cleared $100,000+ the first two weeks.

That alone should entice new restaurants.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

My only worry is the other local restaurants. Just hope most of them can survive.

SK

Puppy smilingdawg is an unknown

Not being ugly, but some of them don't deserve to survive if they don't improve their staff, food, service, etc. to be competitive. My hubby and I love to eat at a lot of the local restaurants and did for the 6 years we were at Tech; however, what some of them pass of as "good service" is pitiful. A lot of the local places have gotten complacent because they have never had anything better to compete with; maybe now you will be able to go out to eat on a Sunday or after 9:00 at night.

Bulldog LA_MERC_LaTech is an unknown

With stiff competition comes improved service. Either that, or they fold.

+ Reply to Thread