+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UTEP (WAC deserter) must fall

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

UTEP (WAC deserter) must fall

Aside from the obvious importance of this being a WAC game, homecoming and our next game...UTEP must go down (and hopefully BIG) because of their Conference USA jump. The same can be said for all the WAC teams that are leaving.

Just about as much as I want Tech to get this year's WAC crown I also want them to get it at the expense, broken backs and crushed egos of all the teams that are jumping ship.

There is no way Tech loses this game! This is statement game!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: UTEP (WAC deserter) must fall

I totally agree!

CRUSH THE MINERS!
    AND ALL CUSA TEAMS IN OUR WAY!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

One down, 3 to go.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I would like to see a similair score to the SMU game. The miners are looking really tough though. I don't see an easy game on the rest of the schedule. We need to make sure we show up for this game.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Would we be a "deserter" if we had gotten the invite?

Just curious...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This game could be a repeat of the Fresno game - a hard fought battle that we have to play almost perfect to win.

I do like that Kubic has our passing game on target. That gives us more options. Plus the fact that our receivers are actually catching the ball now.

If all of this works at one time (ala SMU game), we should be fine.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Just curious...
    Yes - and a happy one too. :icon_wink
    Go Tech!

Varsity Bulldog Techfan is an unknown

No -

They'd probably feel like a burden had been lifted off of them. The thing I can't understand is, we are almost always in contention for the title in football and basketball, and I know that we really up their credibility athletically. But we're still seen as a "black sheep," ya know?

I'm sick of people kissing Fresno and Hawaii's butts, when they're no better than anyone else. Let Fresno win a few WAC titles in a row, and then we'll talk about them being head and shoulders above everyone else and too good for this conference. BUT THEY CAN'T EVEN WIN ONE.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden

Just curious...
    I was wondering the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Techfan
    No -

They'd probably feel like a burden had been lifted off of them. The thing I can't understand is, we are almost always in contention for the title in football and basketball, and I know that we really up their credibility athletically. But we're still seen as a "black sheep," ya know?

I'm sick of people kissing Fresno and Hawaii's butts, when they're no better than anyone else. Let Fresno win a few WAC titles in a row, and then we'll talk about them being head and shoulders above everyone else and too good for this conference. BUT THEY CAN'T EVEN WIN ONE.
    We aren't really a "black sheep" of the conference. We just are out of the way geographically. As for being called a "deserter", we would be in one sense, but it would have worked out great for both conferences if we had gone. So, I don't think there would have been any hard feelings.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    We aren't really a "black sheep" of the conference. We just are out of the way geographically. As for being called a "deserter", we would be in one sense, but it would have worked out great for both conferences if we had gone. So, I don't think there would have been any hard feelings.
    We are closer to our conference mates than Hawaii is. Although I've heard the beaches in Hawaii are much nicer than the ones in Ruston.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    We are closer to our conference mates than Hawaii is. Although I've heard the beaches in Hawaii are much nicer than the ones in Ruston.
    Not so fast there my friend. We have scenic Folly beach just 20 miles to the north.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Not so fast there my friend. We have scenic Folly beach just 20 miles to the north.

Puppy UTEPDallas is an unknown

It's not our fault UTEP got the invite and not LA Tech, instead of blaming UTEP, blame your AD. I know how it feels when your school is left behind. I got the same feeling when I was attending UTEP in 1998 and the MWC left UTEP behind in the WAC. A lot of us couldn't believe it, but UTEP realized it needed to make changes. We got a new AD, a vision to win in FB and BB was implemented, facilities were upgraded, alumni made more donations, without that believe me, C-USA wouldn't have looked at UTE and LA Tech would have got the invite. One thing I'm sure will happen, I will miss the WAC. Good luck guys in the future.

Miners Fan in Dallas

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Lets not just win, lets beat the crap out of UTEP. It's our homecoming and the Tech fans will be loud. From the air and the ground, Kubik and Moats gonna run all over you!

MOVE THE CHAINS!

+ Reply to Thread