+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Series

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

World Series

Don't forget the series starts tonight. I'm 2,000 mile away or I would be there. My nephew is one of the freshmen that made the team. Hope someone can give us a report on the team.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Re: World Series

Will they be playing Saturday night? That would be the only chance I can watch. What number is your nephew?
    Go Tech!

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

The game is at 6:00 PM Sat. My nephew is Brian Rike, LH1B. I don't know his number, I'll have to e-mail him and get it.

TD

Brians number is 9 Blue Team.

Mike

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Brian has a pretty nice swing from left side, needs to get stronger in upper body. Average in field, but okay. Needs to improve 60 yd. time to play anywhere other than 1B and there is a log jam of players a little better than Brian right now at 1B. I also, think he should look at talking to coaches about getting into a throwing program with pitchers and possibly develop that route as well.

I think Brian is one of the better 3 walkons of several that are on the team. Appears well mannered and good young man. A redshirt season may possibly be something for him to consider for next Spring depending on how well he comes along with working on pitching in offseason.

Thanks DH,

Brian was a pitcher/1B in high school and played some outfield as well. He's on a weight program now and should bulk up some by spring. A redshirt year probably wouldn't hurt him; he's a mech. eng. major so he'll probably be there
    5 years anyway.

He's really a good kid with the descipline to do what the coaches tell him to do. If you get the chance to meet him, tell him you chat with his uncle online.

Mike

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog
    Thanks DH,

Brian was a pitcher/1B in high school and played some outfield as well. He's on a weight program now and should bulk up some by spring. A redshirt year probably wouldn't hurt him; he's a mech. eng. major so he'll probably be there
    5 years anyway.

He's really a good kid with the descipline to do what the coaches tell him to do. If you get the chance to meet him, tell him you chat with his uncle online.

Mike
    They don't have any quality LHP. So Brian might advance in that role sooner, if he can acquire a college level Breaking pitch and change up in next 3 months during offseason.

They have made some quality additions as RHPs.

Wink Re: World Series

I guess the series continues tonight at 6 PM and the next two nights as well for a total of 7 games. The Blue team really pounded the Gray 19-4 Sunday with 26 hits. Wish I could be there. Too bad Sims is having this during the World Series. Most baseball fans will stay home to watch TV.

Mike

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

DH

Can you break down the roster or give us any in depth info about our pitching depth-who the starters will be this year in rotation and in field. Sounds like you're in the know some what about the roster and new signees/walk-ons.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Has Brody Love developed another pitch besides the fastball he had last year. And is Blake Burns ready to break out this year, others I may not know about?

2003 BB&B Football Pick 'Em Champion Nailit is an unknown Nailit's Avatar

From what I have heard, Blake Burns is at a Juco in Florida and loves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Has Brody Love developed another pitch besides the fastball he had last year. And is Blake Burns ready to break out this year, others I may not know about?
    Burns was a casualty of no pass no play. Didn't like class too much last year.

Who told you Brody Love had a college level FB (fastball)? Has avg. curve and that's all at D1 level. Sorry to break it too you. Would be a mop up guy or situational LHP facing a LHH at times.

DH

Can you break down the roster or give us any in depth info about our pitching depth-who the starters will be this year in rotation and in field. Sounds like you're in the know some what about the roster and new signees/walk-ons.
    Caution.....this is just an opinion. I'm not in the know, just what what I saw over a few games.
    • Appears defense will be average for D1 after being well below avg. last year.
    • Added what appears to be 1 impact pitcher in #5 RHP-Rupert. I think he is a JC kid. Could probably close or start. They appeared to use him as closer in 2 Fall World Series games.
    • Another JC RHP named Alverson (sp?) can help some.
    • RHP Hudson looked a little better this year than last and a little stronger. Can DH, but below avg. defensively.
    • Had 2 pretty good Freshman RHPs, but BP were below avg. for D1, but appear good projections for future. I think their names were Moseley and Scott.
    • Better newcomers in the field looked like Hamilton at 3B, Goulder at 1B and boy named Cobb in CF. I think Goulder and Cobb are freshman.
    • Tabor-DH played so he must have made up his grades over summer.
    So looked like 2-3 JC new guys can help and they had 4 pretty decent freshman for future.

Remember, that may not equate to but about 6-8 more wins based on schedule Sim likes to play, but team appeared more competitive and will be more enjoyable for fans to watch.

That's all.

Thanks, I was hoping for more immediate help with their pitching situation. I hadn't heard about Burns, I hate that, I was hoping he would really help us this year and mature into a great college player.

I didn't say Brody Love had a college level fastball, I just saw him pitch a few times last year and it appeared that was the only pitch he had. If it wasn't so flat I think it might be college level but what do I know?

Do you see any hope for the starting pitching and bullpen this season?

+ Reply to Thread