+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Series

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: World Series

Must be nice to watch them practice in fall!

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg
    Thanks, I was hoping for more immediate help with their pitching situation. I hadn't heard about Burns, I hate that, I was hoping he would really help us this year and mature into a great college player.

I didn't say Brody Love had a college level fastball, I just saw him pitch a few times last year and it appeared that was the only pitch he had. If it wasn't so flat I think it might be college level but what do I know?

Do you see any hope for the starting pitching and bullpen this season?
    As bad as the pitching talent was last year, any help would be immediate help. There wasn't much to work with last year and only 3 true pitchers they had pitched in spots higher than their ability as there were no other options.

Pitching will be better, but not conference championship contending caliber at this time, but few in other major conferences have the arms that a Rice has every year. As stated in previous message, the Rupert and Alverson pitchers look to be most immediate help with an improved Hudson and 2 fine freshman prospects. A lot depends on how the freshman mature and improve their offspeed pitches during Spring. A kid that played 2B some pitched and wasn't bad. Not overpowering but decent BP....could be some middle relief for 2-3 innings when needed, maybe some during the week.

If they can recruit a couple of freshman arms each year like they did this year, future will be bright as they mature.

Having a little more pitching can change the attitude of an entire team.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Won't be switching the channel from NINERS TO CARDINALS this Sunday!

Puppy TexasBulldog is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Won't be switching the channel from NINERS TO CARDINALS this Sunday!
    Wrong World Series Aub, these guys are talking about the Tech World Series that was just held here this past week.

But since you bring it up, bust out the brooms for the Cards. Those boys got swept.

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I'm confused. The last e-mail I had from Brian Rike said he was on the blue team but this article says he is on the gray team. Anyone see the game? Do you remember Brian? He should have been number 9 in blue.

http://www.latechsports.com/article....10_27_22:17:47

Mike

SORRY! I just re-read the article and it does say Brian is on the Blue team.
    Last edited by Beaver-Dog; 10-28-2004 at 03:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread