+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homecoming Attendance

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Re: Homecoming Attendance

As of two days ago, Flo had recieved little activity on the 2 game ticket deal for the Tulsa and UTEP game. I hope that is not an indication of attendance this week.

This ticket deal is pretty good. For $18.00 you get a ticket to both of these games.

Varsity Bulldog muttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by JL
    As of two days ago, Flo had recieved little activity on the 2 game ticket deal for the Tulsa and UTEP game. I hope that is not an indication of attendance this week.

This ticket deal is pretty good. For $18.00 you get a ticket to both of these games.
    JL,
    How would anyone know of this promotion. I have never heard of it.

Also, I still want to know what our PAID attendance has been. How many of the season ticket promotion / student attendance has been in our attendance increase? I would bet that our revenue is not up that much.

The 2 games I have attended, I just got tickets from a friend who kept season tickets...why pay for them when there are free ones EVERYWHERE?

MD

Champ domangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond reputedomangue has a reputation beyond repute domangue's Avatar

I don't see any reason why it should be less than Nevada game attendance. I know lots of people regret missing Fresno, it's the last game at JAS, and we're still in the bowl hunt for the first time in 3 years.

It will be 25,000+

Varsity Bulldog Techfan is an unknown

My question:

It's obvious that student involvement and spirit is the best since the late 80s, but attendance overall isn't really up. Are Ruston people just not coming? Or are they all sitting on the east side? The west side has been so weak all year, and I think it's time for them to step up.

If the west side could look like the east, we would be close to 27500 and have the best atmosphere ever at Aillet.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muttdawg
    JL,
    How would anyone know of this promotion. I have never heard of it.

Also, I still want to know what our PAID attendance has been. How many of the season ticket promotion / student attendance has been in our attendance increase? I would bet that our revenue is not up that much.

The 2 games I have attended, I just got tickets from a friend who kept season tickets...why pay for them when there are free ones EVERYWHERE?

MD
    This promotion has been promoted in the Monroe and Shreveport newspapers sports pages the days after the Fresno game. Sorry you missed out.

If you're going to admit to not buying your own tickets, then why should paid attendance numbers matter to you? We've had great, loud crowds, so IMHO I really don't see why you're nitpicking.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Ktulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond reputeKtulu7 has a reputation beyond repute

I bought four sets of that UTEP-Tulsa special.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix
    This promotion has been promoted in the Monroe and Shreveport newspapers sports pages the days after the Fresno game. Sorry you missed out.
    If its been in the Shreveport paper I have missed also -

I think hunting (opening day of muzzleloading) and the 2:00 start will impact this game as usual -

The only game I've been off of this year is the Nevada game -

Just not hearing the "buzz" about this game that should be out there -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

22,750 LOUD BARKING DAWGS

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

I predict no rain, and 22,600 screaming bulldog fans.

Final Score:
    Tech 35 Utep 18
    Moats gets 250 yards and 2 TD's

Varsity Bulldog muttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the earsmuttdawg seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix

If you're going to admit to not buying your own tickets, then why should paid attendance numbers matter to you? We've had great, loud crowds, so IMHO I really don't see why you're nitpicking.
    Doesn't seem like a response I would get from you Dawgpix, but anyway...

Sorry I don't get either paper.

Paid attendance numbers = Revenue. I am not "nitpicking", all I want to see is a plan, and want to know the REAL financial situation we are in. Any number can be given with the way we sell, tear and count tickets. Any number can be given to make our coaching / athletic dept. situation to "appear" to be improving. Any number can be given for the media to spin it. Need I say more, because I can.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by muttdawg
    Doesn't seem like a response I would get from you Dawgpix, but anyway...

Sorry I don't get either paper.

Paid attendance numbers = Revenue. I am not "nitpicking", all I want to see is a plan, and want to know the REAL financial situation we are in. Any number can be given with the way we sell, tear and count tickets. Any number can be given to make our coaching / athletic dept. situation to "appear" to be improving. Any number can be given for the media to spin it. Need I say more, because I can.
    OK, MD, so you caught me at the end of a long day. Sorry for ambush.
    Ask away. I just feel if you're going to comment on how many tickets are paid for, you need to pay for a ticket. :icon_wink
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

It MIGHT rain. 16,721
    Last edited by oledawg66; 10-21-2004 at 10:35 PM. Reason: can't spell

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Sadly, I must admit I agree with Oledawg. The weather man this morning was not very helpful -- 60 percent chance of rain.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Yep -

Everyone better bring your ponchos -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread