+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good things

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Good things

Good things today?? HUM>>YES>> Student section and east side in general were great!!!! Anything dealing with TECH Football on the field >>>> NO!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am in misery over what happened on the field. I agree that the fans can help at this point by not giving up on the team and not starting the "fire the coach" talk. You even heard it from a player in what I posted yesterday morning. Negativity grows. It did last year and it will this year, if people go down that road again. It is time for a real gut check. Stand proud and know that we are still in a bowl race.

The other talk is for the off-season.

Big Dog Dawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to beholdDawgbert is a splendid one to behold Dawgbert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    Not everybody lives within 25 miles of the campus like you do. It doesn't take much of a commitment from you to attend Tech games. For some of us, it DOES.

You ought to be damn glad that those of us who live 4 and 5 hours away even bother to buy season tickets, you ungrateful bastard.

HD
    I wasn't talking about you guys that live far off. The ones I was referring to was the hour or less drive people. I was also upset about how the west side crowd deserted the team. That side emptied quickly long before the game ended.

Champ TECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to beholdTECH88 is a splendid one to behold TECH88's Avatar

The crowd sucked for a Homecoming game. I knew when the first raindrop came down our gutless fans would go running to their cars so they wouldn't melt. Also, I couldn't help but notice that the KA's and SAE's decided not to show up. I stood at the top of the East side and looked out to see at least 200-250 frat guys and their dates hanging out under their tents the entire game. I guess they're either pissed they've lost their preferred seats to the sober students in the lower sections or maybe that they just don't care, who knows. I'm so sick and tired of trying to figure out what it will take to get more than 18,000 butts in Aillet. I don't envy Ronny's job at all.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg
    Maddawg,

Get real. Can we please not go down this everything sucks road. I bet we have 15,000 for Tulsa. Maybe more if we win at Hawaii. This is typical of this board. Win and we are unbeatable, lose and JBIII is the worst coach in the world, etc. Now is not the time to go in that direction. If you are getting your ass kicked you do not lay down and die. Fall back. re-group, and kick some ass.
    Gonzo, I will bring at least five to the Tulsa game so we only need 494 more counting you:icon_wink . I have been cautiosly optimistic all year long and have been careful not to let myself get too pumped up. I decided to take that approach after the 2001 season. I still won't bash JB3 yet, but I will question some of his decisions over on in the recruiting section. All this complaining doesn't do any good anyway. Our administration is not commited to 1A football and they don't care what this group of fans think.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg
    Good numbers or not I thought this was the worst crowd of the year. Not much energy. Typical dead 3rd quarter. We finally got some folks into the game in the fourth but to no avail. I don't think a lot of the crowd grasped the importance of this game. It was really what I expect in years past.

It was hard to get excited. They were making mistakes left and right. Everytime we kicked in any form or fashion everyone was holding their breath. People were cheering when there was something to cheer about. I will not put forth more effort cheering than the players are playing. They seemed to have no energy and the crowd reflected that.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired
    Then how do they usually announce the attendance in the third quarter?
    Oakes throws out a number based on what Flo estimates as tickets sold NOT butts in seats.

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

I was pleased with the student section and enthusiam again. That was a tough bunch that was yelling and getting after UTEP in pregame during the rain down pour. I don't know what is the reason for all the change, but the students appear to be on a roll! I haven't seen that kind of student support since 70s and early 80s during a time when enrollment was smaller.

Great job students!

Champ Designated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the roughDesignated Hitter is a jewel in the rough

What was with over 1,000 cars leaving the north end parking lot between 1:15 - 2:00 pm. all about? Lot was full before 1 pm and rerouting cars, but these cars were pulling out of parking spaces and leaving with folks in them!

There were close to 1,000 people still under cover or in cars at kickoff. I guess they were waiting to make sure rain had stopped. Late arriving crowd into the stands into early 2nd quarter.

My guess was little over 14,000 early 1st quarter and right around 18,000 two minutes into 2nd quarter, so 18,103 sounds about right. Would have liked to had the other 1,500-2,000 that left after the rains just before the game.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

As far as crowd noise goes, the East side was loud again, regardless of what the players were or weren't achieving.

However, this was definitely the quietest the West side has been all year. They got loud once though, when one of our players had his jersey nearly ripped off with no flag on UTEP.

Almost all of UTEP's penalties were from kickoffs out of bounds and a personal foul after an extra point kick. Otherwise they were not penalized the whole game.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Our administration is not commited to 1A football and they don't care what this group of fans think.
    Probably one of the most accurate statements I have ever seen on this board.

+ Reply to Thread