+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Great game Bulldogs

Puppy UTEPDallas is an unknown

Great game Bulldogs

UTEP 44
    La. Tech 27

Obviously, this is not the same awful and pathetic UTEP team of the past. A great coach makes a huge difference. The talent has always been there. I wish you guys luck for the rest of the season and hopefully the short lived rivalry will continue once you make the jump to C-USA. Thanks to the Tech fans that were so nice with me on this board.

Miners Fan in Dallas

UTEP - "Our Time Is Now"
    UTEP - "You Gotta Believe"

Champ theinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her gametheinsider is on top of his/her game

Re: Great game Bulldogs

UTEP was very fortunate. Tech is easily more athletic across the board at many positions. The refs were all up in this game. I have never seen anything like it. It was almost like they wanted to be involved in both teams play.

UTEP is not better than Tech but put more points on the board today.

You have to congratulate them and say good game even though it was pretty obvious we did not go out there and do what we can do.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Pat Tilley said it best.....NO EFFORT ON THE PART OF THE BULLDAWGS TONIGHT....translation.....need new coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by theinsider
    UTEP was very fortunate. Tech is easily more athletic across the board at many positions. The refs were all up in this game. I have never seen anything like it. It was almost like they wanted to be involved in both teams play.

UTEP is not better than Tech but put more points on the board today.

You have to congratulate them and say good game even though it was pretty obvious we did not go out there and do what we can do.
    Reading up on the game, I have to agree. Sounds like Moats was rendered a non-factor. Bad coaching? Saw the guy play at Tennessee in person, deffinetly one of the best backs in the country. UT, Miami couldnt stop him, I know UTEP surely couldnt... why didnt they utilize him more? LaTech by far has better athletes, Price is pretty much playing with the previous crappy coach's players. Was a shocker to me.

Puppy TheBitchSlapper is on the way down

Wren, You have got to be the stupidest person on the face of the planet. You obviously don't know UTEP football. UTEP rolled LA Tech, and this board is in denial. The TV play-by-play- crew, who was obviously rooting for LA Tech, couldn't help but comment on how the Miners dominated the whole game...

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

I would hardly say UTEP dominated this game. With 6 minutes left, the score was 30-27 and we had the ball primed to win it. UTEP made a stand when they needed to and escaped. It could have easily gone the other way.

Big plays did the Dawgs in. Palmer had about 4 completions for 200 yards on busted coverages and other than that, UTEP struggled to get first downs the entire game. I thought it was a game of two evenly matched teams. I thought UTEP's DB's were excellent. Kubik couldn't find anyone to throw to most of the game. Coach Price did a good job of scheming Moats and making him hurt you up the middle and not the outside. I'm sure every defense we see from here on out will try the same thing.

Congrats on the win, though.

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

Give UTEP credit: They came in and beat our butt! I do not think our players are any better then UTEP! Their QB is far better then ours and they are a more prepared football team.

Looks like another Tech Slide!

By the Way, On TV it looked like there might of been 14,000 people! Alot of empty seats!

2:00 GAMES suck!

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitchSlapper
    Wren, You have got to be the stupidest person on the face of the planet. You obviously don't know UTEP football. UTEP rolled LA Tech, and this board is in denial. The TV play-by-play- crew, who was obviously rooting for LA Tech, couldn't help but comment on how the Miners dominated the whole game...
    Bitch,

BS!

You have a good team. But today was BS! Just like last year vs Hawaii. How does a player grab another players face mask and pull him to the ground and no flag is thrown? I don't care if the have to offset the penalties a flag should be thrown. Several no calls on holding, two offsides that were not called, pass interference, etc, etc. Your team showed a lot of class. Much better that some others that we have played but don't give me a bunch of crap about dominating us. Good luck the rest of the way.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

UTEP beat our butts because:

We could not make a tackle even when we were in position to do so;

We dropped too many balls;

Our coaches did not adjust to what UTEP was doing defensively (for once, I was screaming for us to run the WR screen);

Their QB was pretty darned good. Good enough to take advantage of our lack of adjustments.

This is all correctable stuff and I think we have the talent to get over it.

Either we make the adjustments or we end up in the crapper like last year.

PLEASE...NO SUNBELT BOUND COMMENTS.

Champ TulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to beholdTulsaPup is a splendid one to behold TulsaPup's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Reading up on the game, I have to agree. Sounds like Moats was rendered a non-factor. Bad coaching? Saw the guy play at Tennessee in person, deffinetly one of the best backs in the country. UT, Miami couldnt stop him, I know UTEP surely couldnt... why didnt they utilize him more? LaTech by far has better athletes, Price is pretty much playing with the previous crappy coach's players. Was a shocker to me.
    Moats was in extreme pain the whole game, he went down three or four times and could barely walk afterwards. He is truley a remarkable person and player, I wish the rest of the team would show the heart he does. It also showed that when Moats doesn't play, we are not very good. Hate to say it, but it looks like we are a one-man team

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Where is UTEPDallas tonight?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Where is UTEPDallas tonight?
    He'll be back IF UTEP wins the next MBB game.

I did notice some sour grapes by another UTEP fan on the WAC Forum. Something about number of FTs shot. Obviously, he knows more than me, but I thought when a team plays a zone, like Tech did last night, it cuts down on the number of fouls and thus, the number of FTs the other team gets. Apparently not in North Mexico though.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    He'll be back IF UTEP wins the next MBB game.

I did notice some sour grapes by another UTEP fan on the WAC Forum. Something about number of FTs shot. Obviously, he knows more than me, but I thought when a team plays a zone, like Tech did last night, it cuts down on the number of fouls and thus, the number of FTs the other team gets. Apparently not in North Mexico though.
    He definitely doesn't want to get into to it about fouls from last night. Whenever we got the ball to the low post, our player was automatically beat up and they never called it. At one point Paul was bleeding, yet he hadn't yet been fouled. It was absolutely rediculous how bad the refs wanted UTEP to win. I guess it's a money thing for the WAC. They want UTEP to win so that we can get a couple of teams in the tourney I guess. Only the dumbass UTEP player (21) and coach could've blown that one for them...totally classless.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Nearly half of our free throws were shot in the last five minutes, after UTEP got the stupid technical fouls, then started intentionally fouling us on every possession. There wasn't much difference in the number of free throws until then.

+ Reply to Thread