+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Homecoming / Home records...

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Homecoming / Home records...

in the JBIII era. Someone help me out. After moving, most of my "stuff" is still packed in boxes. What are the records now.

And don't just come on here and post that they are unacceptable. I know that. That is why I began this thread.

They can't even spell "Spirit of '88"

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Re: Homecoming / Home records...

Don't have the info in front of me, BUT I know we lost to Hawaii last year and barely beat Nevada in 2002. We also won in 2001 on our way to the WAC title. Lost in 2000 to SFA? I am pretty sure we won in 1999 with Rattay as a senior.

Looks like he is 3-3 for homecoming.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What's this big concern over homecoming? BFD! Just because some pretty girls get to play dress-up and walk on the field for 10 mins that's supposed to give added meaning to the game? It's a frickin' HOME game, which implies advantages to the HOME team!

I don't know how else to express this, so I'll try it this way. Any athlete/competitor worth his salt, should compete at 100%, all the time, no matter what. Meaning if Tech and UTEP, just the players and coaches, NO ONE ELSE, were to meet on a field somewhere, and play, I would expect an all-out effort to beat the brains out of the opponent, for no other reason than they are "the other guys." Why the need for extra motivation? I don't get it.

I've said it before, I will pound your brains out in a pick-up game. Yes, I am old and worn out, so I can't do what I used to, but the desire to compete is still there. My team might lose, but it wouldn't be for any lack of effort on my part.

I think Tech football is suffering from the Bick blues. He does not set a high enough, intense enough, level of expectation. Therefore, the team is soft, both physically and mentally.

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Marty,
    Sumary of Bicknells home career:
    1999: We only lose to A&M, not sure if this is in Shreveport or not.
    2000: We beat Miss Valley State and ULL. We LOSE to UCF and Stephen F.
    2001: We beat Boise State, Rice, San Jose State, and SMU
    2002: We beat UTEP, Nevada, Tulsa, Ok. State** We LOSE to Fresno St.
    2003: We beat SMU We LOSE to Rice, Hawaii, Boise St., Miami**
    2004: We beat Fresno St, Nevada, ULL We LOSE to UTEP
    **Shreveport losses
    Total Record is now 31-36
    Home record 14-8 (not counting 1999 season)

Not sure if this 100% correct, but it definetly shows that his career W/L is absolutley horrible.

Bdub

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    I think Tech football is suffering from the Bick blues. He does not set a high enough, intense enough, level of expectation. Therefore, the team is soft, both physically and mentally.
    Exactly. Bick has worn out his welcome in Ruston, and frankly, I'm just ready from some new optimism.

I noticed in today's Dallas Morning News that Texas Tech coach Mike Leach ripped his players for "a lack of toughness" after TT's 51-21 loss to Texas yesterday. Leach said the following:

"Right now, we're not a team that's mentally tough enough to draw from success and build on it. We want to take something and coast." Leach went onto say that his guys were guilty of believing all the good press they've been getting.

To me, Leach's words accurately describe the Louisiana Tech program as well as his own. Louisiana Tech's players JUST AREN'T TOUGH ENOUGH. They are soft.

HD

Big Dog bdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the roughbdub is a jewel in the rough

Looking back to the Joe Raymond Peace and Gary Crowton eras, they home records were as follows:

Joe Raymond
    Total 23-6
    89: 3-0
    90: 5-0
    91: 4-0
    92: 4-0
    93: 2-2
    94: 2-3
    95: 3-1

Gary Crowton
    Total 12-3
    96: 3-2
    97: 5-0
    98: 4-1

BDub

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdub
    Looking back to the Joe Raymond Peace and Gary Crowton eras, they home records were as follows:

Joe Raymond
    Total 23-6
    89: 3-0
    90: 5-0
    91: 4-0
    92: 4-0
    93: 2-2
    94: 2-3
    95: 3-1

Gary Crowton
    Total 12-3
    96: 3-2
    97: 5-0
    98: 4-1

BDub
    To be fair, that is not comparing apples to apples. Bicknell has faced much tougher competition, overall, at home than either Peace or Crowton. Maybe Peace faced similar competition when we were members of the Big West. But for the most part, it was a few I-AAs and Sun Belters then, WAC and BCS opponents today. Only SMU and ULL are lousy enough today to be considered soft-touches. The rest are all pretty salty.

But, while some leeway has to be afforded Bick, the fact remains, our schedule today is what it is. And we need a coach who can elevate this program to handle the grind of playing a tougher slate. Clearly, that is not Bicknell.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Bicknell year by year
    Overall Shreveport JAS HC
    1999: 8-3 0-1 3-0 W
    2000: 3-9 0-0? 2-2 W
    2001: 7-5 1-0 3-0 W
    2002: 4-8 2-0 2-1 W
    2003: 5-7 0-1 1-3 L
    2004: 4-4 0-0 3-1 L
    Total:31-36 3-3 14-6 4-2

I guess we didn't play in Shreveport in 2000. I thought the UCF game was maybe in Shreve but im not sure.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu
    Bicknell year by year
    Overall Shreveport JAS HC
    1999: 8-3 0-1 3-0 W
    2000: 3-9 0-0? 2-2 W
    2001: 7-5 1-0 3-0 W
    2002: 4-8 2-0 2-1 W
    2003: 5-7 0-1 1-3 L
    2004: 4-4 0-0 3-1 L
    Total:31-36 3-3 14-6 4-2

I guess we didn't play in Shreveport in 2000. I thought the UCF game was maybe in Shreve but im not sure.
    After reviewing...
    Give a coach 4 years to build...fine. Years 5 & 6 we are now 9 - 11 and 4 - 5 at home / shreve and 0 - 2 at HC. Should not be like this. What have we done latley...nothing.

+ Reply to Thread