+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Even though . . .

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Even though . . .

The pictures are online for the UTEP game. The images from the three rolls of film should be uploaded Sunday afternoon.

It was not the offense's or defense's best day. My best picture came from the defensive side of the ball.

Check out the first image in this week's UTEP at Louisiana Tech photo gallery.

enjoy . . . even though the outcome today was disappointing for us all.
    tm
    www.printroom.com/pro/tmphotos

Time to regroup, refresh, relearn and remember last year vs. Hawaii.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 10-24-2004 at 02:00 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Re: Even though . . .

I don't think either of those three tackled that guy!:rolleyes4

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Tim Rose has to go. This 3-4 is really stupid. Why isn't Muse playing? If Memphis's D was really that good, they would have finished better than 5-6 or 6-5 every year. You have to win the battle up front to have a good D, you need 4 DLs to do that. Anybody, that is willing to not have Love and Muse on the field at the same time is an idoit.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

LBP,

Our defense is MUCH improved this year. The 3-4 allows us to get our BEST players on the field ... our LB's. We have about 10 of them.

And Muse is not playing because he's the 4th nose tackle. He wouldn't play much in the 4-3. He's behind Van Hoy, Love and Oren Lewis. Love and Lewis raised their game, while Muse (who was 2nd on the depth chart going into fall practice) hasn't done anything. He will be a player for us next year though.

I like the 3-4. The problem is not in the 3 or the 4. The problem is in the secondary. We gave us 2 ridiculously easy touchdown passes.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Looking at just the game yesterday, the defense played well...for most of it. UTEP benefitted (sp?) from great field position most of the day. That's not the defense' fault if they had to defend a short field most of the game. In the first half, NONE of UTEP's pts came when UTEP started a drive inside their own 40. Most of their 24 second-half pts, especially the last TD, came from starting on a very short field.

I guess only the bomb to #21 was the only UTEP score that covered a "long" field, and even that drive started, where? around the UTEP 35 or so.

Nope, UTEP's defense won this game. I know when you look at a score like 44-27 it's hard to see where defense, on either side, showed up. But UTEP's defense was the difference, yet, Tech's defense played well for most of the game too.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Looking at just the game yesterday, the defense played well...for most of it. UTEP benefitted (sp?) from great field position most of the day. That's not the defense' fault if they had to defend a short field most of the game. In the first half, NONE of UTEP's pts came when UTEP started a drive inside their own 40. Most of their 24 second-half pts, especially the last TD, came from starting on a very short field.

I guess only the bomb to #21 was the only UTEP score that covered a "long" field, and even that drive started, where? around the UTEP 35 or so.

Nope, UTEP's defense won this game. I know when you look at a score like 44-27 it's hard to see where defense, on either side, showed up. But UTEP's defense was the difference, yet, Tech's defense played well for most of the game too.
    I did not get to listen to the whole game, but from what I heard, our defense played pretty well for the most part. Continually giving UTEP a short field to work with killed us. I do not really blame the defense for this one, even though the scoreboard says otherwise.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown
    I did not get to listen to the whole game, but from what I heard, our defense played pretty well for the most part. Continually giving UTEP a short field to work with killed us. I do not really blame the defense for this one, even though the scoreboard says otherwise.
    27 of UTEP's 44 points came on drives of less than 20 yards!!!! I think the defense played great except for the 2 pass plays.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

TURNOVERS, penalties, and poor execution on offense (dropped passes) / special teams coverage cost us this game.

The defense gave up the long pass only after all of the above happened. We need a LEADER ON OFFENSE, someone who can come off the bench and pick up our lethargic tempo.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    LBP,

Our defense is MUCH improved this year. The 3-4 allows us to get our BEST players on the field ... our LB's. We have about 10 of them.

And Muse is not playing because he's the 4th nose tackle. He wouldn't play much in the 4-3. He's behind Van Hoy, Love and Oren Lewis. Love and Lewis raised their game, while Muse (who was 2nd on the depth chart going into fall practice) hasn't done anything. He will be a player for us next year though.

I like the 3-4. The problem is not in the 3 or the 4. The problem is in the secondary. We gave us 2 ridiculously easy touchdown passes.
    I am mainly talking about next year, this season is over and both JB3 and Tim Rose need to be gone. Both Love and Muse are very rare talents at DL, both are huge and can move. Hopefully a new coach will get these guys in shape, they both may be 2 of the best DTs in the nation next year. To not have them both on the field at the same time is just ignorant. You only play 3 DLs when you don't have enough of them. We have plenty of DLs, especially next year.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Oh... I am sorry I was told to ignore posts by LBP..... So I will go back sorry guys momentary slip.....

The defense did play well. The short fields killed the D. That is not their fault. The one truly long bomb they gave away was in the second half if I remeber correctly it was very hard to remember when it was after the 2 hour first half. Tired legs from playing a lot of downs and at least once every game every team finds a way to slip something under or over a defense. If they only give up one or two big plays a game I am very pleased. Limiting a team to only two big plays a game is a recipe for success if anything is happening on the other side of the ball or in the offensive coaches heads.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    We need a LEADER ON OFFENSE, someone who can come off the bench and pick up our lethargic tempo.
    I don't see the logic of your statement in having a leader on the bench, but then with Bicknell and Hines in charge of the offense I guess we could have someone on the bench that shouldn't be. The point I see in this is that Bicknell & Hines should be leaders but neither of them are - that is where our biggest problems lay.

I know just about everyone including me thinks Bicknell should go and the sooner the better, but Hines should be right there with him. Neither of these guys has helped to develop any tallent beyond the normal curve. I can't think of any player who conssitantly improved year after year - what ever tallent they had was all we got.

+ Reply to Thread