+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congrats UTEP....

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Congrats UTEP....

....by far the better team today.

Thank goodness for the blocked punt or it would have been even worse.

Our coaching problems continue to be pretty dang bad - UTEP has a gem in Price and Co. Wish we could have their coaching staff.

For Tech fans talking about us having more talent than UTEP - stop it - you sound DUMB. I'd take UTEP's starting 22 over any JBIII team ANY SATURDAY and coach them to victory.

I do not know how in the hell we beat Fresno - I guess it was one of those one in a million deals - but UTEP proved they belong.

Worst part is that I bet we are heading to a 1-3 finish. We have proven we can not close strong.

And JBIII should be fired for riding the skills of one good player so much that that player might not be able to finish the season.

UTEP has a great new coach and regional conference - can someone tell me what we have???

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Re: Congrats UTEP....

... an off week to prepare for Hawaii... and we all know how well JBIII prepares a team when we have an off week...

Chang wasnt that impressive against UTEP. Slow him down, keep that time of possession up high and keep the Hawaii offense off the field, and they're a push over. They rank last in T.O.P. (25mins). Their deffense is attrocious (9th in WAC, SMU being only slightly worse), allowing an average of 439.4 yrds per game through the UTEP game. All they do is throw the ball, executing poorly (50% pass completion).

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep...good job UTEP. You guys came to play and took advantage of our mistakes (and we made plenty).

Puppy Badgerwolf is on the way downBadgerwolf is on the way down Badgerwolf's Avatar

Fan -- Your post shows a lot of class and good sportsmanship in your loss to UTEP. Tech needs many fans of your caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    ....by far the better team today.

Thank goodness for the blocked punt or it would have been even worse.

Our coaching problems continue to be pretty dang bad - UTEP has a gem in Price and Co. Wish we could have their coaching staff.

For Tech fans talking about us having more talent than UTEP - stop it - you sound DUMB. I'd take UTEP's starting 22 over any JBIII team ANY SATURDAY and coach them to victory.

I do not know how in the hell we beat Fresno - I guess it was one of those one in a million deals - but UTEP proved they belong.

Worst part is that I bet we are heading to a 1-3 finish. We have proven we can not close strong.

And JBIII should be fired for riding the skills of one good player so much that that player might not be able to finish the season.

UTEP has a great new coach and regional conference - can someone tell me what we have???
    We Are A-State!!!
    Respect All -- Fear None!

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Chang wasnt that impressive... Slow him down, keep that time of possession up high and keep the Hawaii offense off the field... Their defense is attrocious... All they do is throw the ball, executing poorly (50% pass completion).
    Thanks for the tips on Hawaii, Wren. But it is all moot if our running game doesn't pick up again.

Our WRs & DBs think they are playing volleyball (tip it to the other team) when the football hits them in the hands. I expect Hawaii to score a touchdown off a pass deflection from our DB #25 and at least 2-3 INTs off of bobbles from our WRs. We don't know how to CATCH a football on either side.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Pat Tilley said several times (out of frustration) "catch the ball, just catch the ball."

Our WR corps sucks. This is the worst group of WRs in the history of Tech football. They are horrible.

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Pat Tilley said several times (out of frustration) "catch the ball, just catch the ball."

Our WR corps sucks. This is the worst group of WRs in the history of Tech football. They are horrible.

The guy throwing it to them is sporadic at best.
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Hats off to UTEP. Their defense appeared to be really stingy (hard to tell if it wasn't ineptness on our part though.) They took advantage of whatever we gave them and killed us with the big play.

They did an excellent job of picking up our different blitzs. And their receivers actually catch!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gbg001
    The guy throwing it to them is sporadic at best.
    Whether Kubik is sporadic, or sucks, is not the point. When a ball hits a WR in the hands, he should catch it. No one, myself included, is suggesting our WRs need to make spectacular catches all the time by bailing out a "sporadic" QB thowing balls short...or too long....or too high. Nope, we just expect a WR to catch a ball that hits him in the hands. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin
    Thanks for the tips on Hawaii, Wren. But it is all moot if our running game doesn't pick up again.

Our WRs & DBs think they are playing volleyball (tip it to the other team) when the football hits them in the hands. I expect Hawaii to score a touchdown off a pass deflection from our DB #25 and at least 2-3 INTs off of bobbles from our WRs. We don't know how to CATCH a football on either side.
    Well I saw your bulldogs up here in Knoxville. There were flashes of of a good team. Moats, if healthy, can more than handle the entire load. If he can rest up in the off-week and is near 100% for Hawaii, I feel (from my fan knowledge) that LaTech can easily pull out the win. UTEP's 2 losses were to marginal top-25 teams. LaTech lost to 2 top-5 teams and a descent top-25 Tennessee squad. They just had a lackluster performance against UTEP. Win those games you need to and hopefully defeat Boise. Good luck and I'll be rooting for one of the best RB's in the nation!

+ Reply to Thread