+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Job Loss Myth:

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Re: The Job Loss Myth:

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    Thanks, but it sounds like he may have a bit of an agenda to push there, so I'll take his "findings" with a grain of salt.

Of course, you DON'T have an agenda to push, right ?????????

For one: He says we increased in insourced jobs from 4.9mil to 6.4 mil, at a rate of 82%. And that outsourcing only occurs at a rate of 23%. I'd like to know what the ACTUAL total of outsourced jobs is, though. The fact that he doesnt include it makes me think it's some crazy high number, where 23% means we're still outsourcing more than we're insourcing.

Get a copy and you can find all the detail!!!!!!

Because remember, 23% of a large number is much bigger than 82% of a small number.

And secondly: "ask him which European country we should look to for guidance in job creation." Please. So does that mean we should be content because we're not France? Call me crazy, but if we can be doing even better, I want us to be doing even better.
    I would assume we ALL want to do better. The point is we're doing very well already and it serves no purpose to claim we are not!!!! (Unless, of course, doing this could serve one's "agenda"!!!!!!!

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

What are you talking about?

Technically, 5.4% is equal to 5.4%

The reason why it isnt a valid measure is that Clinton LOWERED unemployment to 5.4%, while Bush RAISED it to 5.4%. This is just as true, and is also a better indicator of performance. How you dont realize this escapes me. Short of a blow to the head with a blunt object, this is pretty damned obvious.

This is one of the most absurd rationalizations I've heard since someone ( I forget who) said , "Well, it depends on what the meaning of 'is' is!!!!!"

Though, calling something this obvious "spin" is typical conservative spin.

Talk about typical. This is tyical liberal ...."When you're caught lying or without facts, just keep screaming your absurdities loudly enough and long enough and someone out there may start to believe it.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

I am actually at a loss for how you are incapable of seeing that going from 7.5 to 5.4 is better than raising it from 4.7 (to use even the most favorable number) to 5.4

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

I am actually at a loss for how you are incapable of seeing that going from 7.5 to 5.4 is better than raising it from 4.7 (to use even the most favorable number) to 5.4
    Because he is smart enough to realize why it went up.

+ Reply to Thread