+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Congratulations

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    NO DEMOCRAT was PROMOTING abortion or gay marriage. If you didn't promote them you would be doing what the Democrats did.
    SAY WHAT????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    AUB, I know most of us, including your DEM friends, have been ignoring your last 2 posts but I just couldn't hold off. Sorry!
    Would someone on the "left" please tell AUB what the party platform he voted for promotes as far as these 2 issues. I am still laughing too hard>>>wait>> I actually should be crying!:bigcry:

Promote : to urge the adoption of; advocate. to attempt to sell or popularize;to contribute to the progress or growth of further.
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-04-2004 at 10:22 AM.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

It sure isn't easy to do, Clyde. Very few leaders understand it and most that do, don't know how to do it.

You have to show your a Christian by what you do, not by what you legislate. You have to understand that not everyone will believe as you believe. A Christian never becomes a Christian by force. You have to let people choose how they will live.

Respect for all persons of all religions, faiths, views, and interpretations is necessary. Those that watch your actions, will see why you are different and want what you have.

An example:
    When I was leading a large organization, I had people of varying religions that were employees. At get togethers, we did not say a prayer out loud. I always stated that we would have a moment of silence for prayer. I always added that I would say my silent prayer to Christ. That is all I would say. One day I had a person that was an athiest ask me why I had to tell people who I was praying to. I told him that I would be glad for anyone to share who they were praying to or if they were not praying at all. He understood my rational. I told him that I respected his views and hoped that he would respect mine, as well.

I always tried to live my life as the best Christian I could be. My actions were always to reach out to those in need and be a kind ear when someone needed it. I have a real inner happiness and it shows. One day this guy came to me and asked more about my religion. I told him that we could meet after work and I would love to tell him more, but I did not feel that it was right at work due to each of our positions. We had a great time that evening. He asked lots of questions and I freely talked about my religion. He asked me how I could be that strong in my faith and not talk about it at work. My answer was to ask him if we would be here this evening talking about this if I had coerced him in any way. I added that there are sometimes decisions that I make at work that are for the freedom of all employees and not neccesarily based on what I believe is right, however, each person has to choose things for themselves. That guy left my company after another year. He called me one day and stated that he had been reading the Bible (something that was not available to him growing up). He still didn't know if he believed everything in the Bible, but stated that he knew that I had something special and he was aiming to know more.

I guess that sums up how I feel any elected official should do their job. We always have to remember that others will see that we are a Christian and that might spark their interest. We can't force them, though. Every man and woman in this country has the right to make their own decisions about what they believe is right.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110
    It sure isn't easy to do, Clyde. Very few leaders understand it and most that do, don't know how to do it.

You have to show your a Christian by what you do, not by what you legislate. You have to understand that not everyone will believe as you believe. A Christian never becomes a Christian by force. You have to let people choose how they will live.

Respect for all persons of all religions, faiths, views, and interpretations is necessary. Those that watch your actions, will see why you are different and want what you have.

An example:
    When I was leading a large organization, I had people of varying religions that were employees. At get togethers, we did not say a prayer out loud. I always stated that we would have a moment of silence for prayer. I always added that I would say my silent prayer to Christ. That is all I would say. One day I had a person that was an athiest ask me why I had to tell people who I was praying to. I told him that I would be glad for anyone to share who they were praying to or if they were not praying at all. He understood my rational. I told him that I respected his views and hoped that he would respect mine, as well.

I always tried to live my life as the best Christian I could be. My actions were always to reach out to those in need and be a kind ear when someone needed it. I have a real inner happiness and it shows. One day this guy came to me and asked more about my religion. I told him that we could meet after work and I would love to tell him more, but I did not feel that it was right at work due to each of our positions. We had a great time that evening. He asked lots of questions and I freely talked about my religion. He asked me how I could be that strong in my faith and not talk about it at work. My answer was to ask him if we would be here this evening talking about this if I had coerced him in any way. I added that there are sometimes decisions that I make at work that are for the freedom of all employees and not neccesarily based on what I believe is right, however, each person has to choose things for themselves. That guy left my company after another year. He called me one day and stated that he had been reading the Bible (something that was not available to him growing up). He still didn't know if he believed everything in the Bible, but stated that he knew that I had something special and he was aiming to know more.

I guess that sums up how I feel any elected official should do their job. We always have to remember that others will see that we are a Christian and that might spark their interest. We can't force them, though. Every man and woman in this country has the right to make their own decisions about what they believe is right.
    Great post! It is a fine line that we walk but we should NEVER be afraid to tell others what, why and how we believe what we do. BTW, good work with your co-worker. I hope and pray that it pays off in a heavenly reward for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde
    Isn't someone who keeps their religous beliefs out of their daily decision making a hypocrit?
    An excellent point as well! The legal system has sure tried to put a damper on that one. It is a fine line we all have to walk these days. But I agree with you!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    jmo, but Teddy should be looking out at us through cell-door bars after the Mary-Jo incident.

again, jmo.
    Hey, you won't get any argument out of me. I totally agree.

For Ted Kennedy to call George Bush a liar (which he did publicly) takes hypocrisy to a new level. I really believe the guy now has some sort of mental illness.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

What aub is saying is that no one's platform was Abortions for Everyone!!! Gay Marriages All Around!!!

While it's true that most democrats *support* abortion and gay marriage as important civil rights issues, they didnt PROMOTE it while on the campaign trail.

Champ daybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timedaybreaker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time daybreaker2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110

An example:

This is a great post, and shows the difference between letting your beliefs guide your decisions, and legislating your beliefs to force everyone to follow them.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2
    What aub is saying is that no one's platform was Abortions for Everyone!!! Gay Marriages All Around!!!

While it's true that most democrats *support* abortion and gay marriage as important civil rights issues, they didnt PROMOTE it while on the campaign trail.
    Go back and read the definition of the word PROMOTE that I just added to my above post. Then come back and see if you can claim the same.

Quote Originally Posted by daybreaker2

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aubunique
    NO DEMOCRAT was PROMOTING abortion or gay marriage. If you didn't promote them you would be doing what the Democrats did.

SAY WHAT????? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    AUB, I know most of us, including your DEM friends, have been ignoring your last 2 posts but I just couldn't hold off. Sorry!
    Would someone on the "left" please tell AUB what the party platform he voted for promotes as far as these 2 issues. I am still laughing too hard>>>wait>> I actually should be crying!:bigcry:

Promote : to urge the adoption of; advocate. to attempt to sell or popularize;to contribute to the progress or growth of further.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

By your definition Tyler ... no Dem was promoting abortion nor gay marriage.

Because somebody is not against abortion rights does NOT mean they are advocating, popularizing, or progressing abortion. None of the candidates have ever endorsed abortion as a smart, fun, or beneficial thing. They just feel it is an individual's own damn stupid choice to make.

Same for gay marriage. I voted not to ban it. But that does not mean I've ever encouraged any gays to get married.

Because you are not against something does not mean you are for it. I am do not cheer against ULL. But that doesnt mean I'm pulling for them. See?

The attitude of "you are either with us or you are against us" is absolutely going to kill America.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    Because you are not against something does not mean you are for it.
    That's the most important thing people here need to learn.

Big Dog DCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really niceDCDAWG is just really nice DCDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    DC, exactly which god are you thanking?
    I'm partial to Zeus, of course, but I think Apollo handles elections. Praise be to Apollo, it's over! Now, when do we start burning some books?
    Of course, there are some on here that will tell you I am a conservative lemming without a mind or compass -- CARTEK

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    By your definition Tyler ... no Dem was promoting abortion nor gay marriage.

Because somebody is not against abortion rights does NOT mean they are advocating, popularizing, or progressing abortion. None of the candidates have ever endorsed abortion as a smart, fun, or beneficial thing. They just feel it is an individual's own damn stupid choice to make.

Same for gay marriage. I voted not to ban it. But that does not mean I've ever encouraged any gays to get married.

Because you are not against something does not mean you are for it. I am do not cheer against ULL. But that doesnt mean I'm pulling for them. See?

The attitude of "you are either with us or you are against us" is absolutely going to kill America.
    We are talking about the people that are in power or control of a party platform that promotes gay marriage and abortion. Not you or me or bubba out there. And I would hope that even these would not "endorsed abortion as a smart, fun, or beneficial thing" as you stated. Although I would disagree with you in that plenty of DEMS have called abortion and gay marriage beneficial for numerous reasons. That was not the point. Nobody can deny that the DEMS promote the acceptance and availability of abortion and gay marriage within the mainstream and across America! You are just spinning it my friends because most of America voted one way (GOP) due to "moral issues", as they saw it and the pollsters have recorded, and you guys don't like that!

Quote Originally Posted by DCDAWG
    I'm partial to Zeus, of course, but I think Apollo handles elections. Praise be to Apollo, it's over! Now, when do we start burning some books?
    Now the question is would you start with the Bible? :icon_wink

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I agree the demo. party did not activly "promote" abortion or gay rights during the election. They stayed as far away from those issues as possible. Eveyone knows that the party continues to support policies that relate to the issue and continue to fight those that oppose it. But, silence doesn't mean anything other than they wanted to have Christians support. We are finally waking up and demanding to have our voice heard. You can look at the losses by democrats as well as Kerry and see that the American people are not like the far left that yall put in front of the people. The far left would have hated it, but, a moderate candidate could have won this election. People were upset about the war in many cases and would have liked to not vote for Bush. However, the candidate provided was not a viable option. For that, I am very thankful.

The democrats don't want to believe it, but, there are alot of people like me that will never support a candidate that will support either of those 2 issues (democrats or republicans).

I have been hearing since the election that the democrats have morals to, they just don't portray that to the public. It would be hard to convince people of that.

+ Reply to Thread