+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wow! - Vitter wins in landslide -

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Wow! - Vitter wins in landslide -

Takes the majority and avoids run-off...

Major surprise to the Dems and big boost for all Republicans in LA...

Maybe the Edwards political machine is finally dead...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: Wow! - Vitter wins in landslide -

That was amazing that he got in the first go round. He really benefited from the Bush turnout.

Champ duckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond reputeduckbillplatty has a reputation beyond repute duckbillplatty's Avatar

Bobby Jindal friggin tore up too. He was expected to win heavily, but that was just ridiculous.

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden
    Takes the majority and avoids run-off...

Major surprise to the Dems and big boost for all Republicans in LA...

Maybe the Edwards political machine is finally dead...
    dead and forgot to vote....

Man, it was cool seeing Vitt taking the seat last night!

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Look for Jindal to go after Mary L's seat in the near future and win it!!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Speaking of Edwards, my wife had the TV on last night or the night before with the sound turned down. I think it was CBS out of Shreveport that showed Edwards being interviewed outside of what I guess was his prison?? Anyone know why? Is he about to be released?

I thought he looked pretty damn healthy and good for him to be as old as he is and in prison.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Speaking of Edwards, my wife had the TV on last night or the night before with the sound turned down. I think it was CBS out of Shreveport that showed Edwards being interviewed outside of what I guess was his prison?? Anyone know why? Is he about to be released?

I thought he looked pretty damn healthy and good for him to be as old as he is and in prison.
    Were they asking for his commentary on the La. Senator's race?

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I have no idea? The sound was down and I saw no caption at the bottom of the screen.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    That was amazing that he got in the first go round. He really benefited from the Bush turnout.
    Yep, pretty amazing, but I was worried about him only getting 49% and losing in a runnoff to John. If Jindal or another very conservative Republican can put together this kind of campaign against Landreiu she will be ousted.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Mary will always be hard to beat. Relatively speaking, she is not too far from the center and has strong New Orleans roots (read "machine politics"). IMHO, Jindal cannot beat her and neither could Vitter.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    Mary will always be hard to beat. Relatively speaking, she is not too far from the center and has strong New Orleans roots (read "machine politics"). IMHO, Jindal cannot beat her and neither could Vitter.
    Jindal wants to be governor later - not senator. And, I think we need him there more anyway!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK
    You may be right. I'll agree that she won't be easy to beat because of New Orleans, but if the right conservative candidate comes along and can appeal to the rest of the "south of I-10" vote they can do it. One thing is for sure.......She will NEVER be able to run on her record.

Big Dog Jetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really niceJetstorm is just really nice Jetstorm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by markay714
    Jindal wants to be governor later - not senator. And, I think we need him there more anyway!
    Correct on both counts Markay. If Louisiana continues to hemmorhage jobs and lag behind the other Southern states in economic and population growth, Blanco will be vulnerable, and I'd look for Jindal to go back up against her in 2007. The ideal scenario would be for one other egotistical, self-centered, liberal Democrat besides Blanco to enter the race (Buddy Leach or John Kennedy would be good candidates in that role, as would one of the Fields brothers) and draw enough votes away from Blanco, while Jindal gets 50% +1 and avoids the runoff or maybe even ends up in the runoff with a nutjob Democrat instead of a more moderate one like Blanco.

Don't get me wrong, I want Louisiana to prosper, our schools to get better, and our economy to take off. But I just don't see that happening under Blanco. So here's to her screwing up enough to lose in 2007.

I'll give her this though; she's done more for economic development in this state in 9 months than Mike Foster did in 8 years, and that's SAD. Foster was much better on education though; one of Blanco's first acts as governor was to cut the funding of every college in Louisiana by 8% and she's already trying to water down the state's accountability program for K-12 schools.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hope you are wrong about the cuts in education and the watering down of the accountability programs. LEAP, Louisiana Educational Assessment Program, with its required tests for 4th, 8th and high school (the GEE) students is working! There are plans to initiate a test called I-LEAP, which will take the place of the ITBS for all other grades. These tests, grade level appropriate, mimic the ACT. In fact, Louisiana has made enormous gains vs. the rest of the nation and several Louisiana educators will be in St. Louis next month, invited to participate in writing the new ACT tests.

We are finally seeing improvement in Louisiana public schools. This is no time to start tampering with something that is working.

One thing Louisiana does need to do, however, is to fix the "crazy" check system. There are thousands of kids across the state that draw a check each month because they have been "diagnosed" as learning disabled. 99% of them are not disabled in any way, but some friend of the family, or family member, acted on their behalf to get them that check by falsifying the diagnosis. The ONLY requirement of these kids, all the way up to age 18, is that they attend school. So, they show up, make no attempt to learn a thing and simply are disruptive in the classrooms. They often want to compare their check stub with the teacher to see who is making more. This has got to be stopped. For one thing, it siphons off resources that the truly learning-disabled need.

+ Reply to Thread