+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4th down, down by 11...

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

4th down, down by 11...

You need a FG, TD, & 2-point conversion. Go for it on 4th down??? Nice.

WTF????? :bigcry:

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Re: 4th down, down by 11...

Whoever made that decision was just, plain wrong. They should have kicked the FG, and taken their chance with an on-side kick. You need 11, get the first 3. Truth is, you rarely see coaches do that. There seems to be some machismo feeling that you HAVE to get the TD first. Bad mistake. Tech might not have gotten on side kick, anyway, but, at least there was a chance. When that pass fell incomplete, it was over.

The season MIGHT not be over, but it's close. I hope Mr. Bicknell is working on his resume.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

With 4th down and the ball within the 2 yard line, I don't think it was totally insane to go for it.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I feel our season is pretty over with. No way we beat Boise. Good chance we lose to Rice and Tulsa will be a tough game for us, especially since we will have a huge crowd of about 5000 there for the game.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

we had been in the red zone several times 2 -3 yards away and had great difficulty so, why would it be different late in the game when fatigue has set in. You get the points you have to ahve an take your chances. I watched the whole game and saw a lot of things that have me worried about the rest of the season.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9

Price,
    How do you think we should handle our coaching situation now? I know you have wanted to wait and see how things happen...try to take the high road, but do you really still feel that way?
    MD

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

The failure on that 4th down play was repeated throughout the game - no play action! With Moats being the very obvious threat why not fake to him and throw to the tight end across the middle. You know their line backers would be keying on Moats and leaving a stop uncovered.

Our coaches don't even know football 101.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

I did not listen to the game so I am not aware of the situation in question. But on 4th and 2 on their goal, why did we not give the ball to our best player???? Can someone clue me in on this?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A lot of teams would have play-actioned to Moats on a 4th and 2 and thrown to the.............drum roll please .... to the TIGHT END !

But, we don't do that.

Hey guys, look at the bright side, at least they didn't try a bubble screen.

Champ NashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the roughNashVegasRabidK9 is a jewel in the rough

Price,
    How do you think we should handle our coaching situation now? I know you have wanted to wait and see how things happen...try to take the high road, but do you really still feel that way?
    MD
    MD, the season isn't over yet and we can still go bowling if we string together some wins. I've never been much of a fan of making a coaching change mid-season but it's obvious a change could do us some good. I just wish I knew how much of what ails us is Bick's fault. From what I hear Davidson is a big Hines fan and you have to wonder if Bick is working w/ one hand tied behind his back. If we do make a change, it needs to be a house cleaning. I don't think that will happen though since we have a team owner and people who are off limits.

So to answer your question about the high road, I'd like to defer until either the season is over or (worst case scenario) we eliminate ourselves from bowling. But at that time, I'll probably be joining the rest of the BBB nation and coming over to the dark side.... :icon_wink

BTW - How do you know my secret identity? lol...

Champ soccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nicesoccer_dawg9 is just really nice soccer_dawg9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NashVegasRabidK9

I agree with you NVR. I was at R.J. GATORS in Monroe(great place to watch a game because they have espn gameplan!) and I told my friend sitting next to me that on that drive if we don't convert on third down we better take the points and extend the game as long as possible.

+ Reply to Thread