+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 tickets for Tulsa - I'll pay you to take 'em

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Re: 4 tickets for Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    EJ, the Dogs played to win and they had some outstanding moments. Rewatch the third quarter, if you taped it!

Losers send negative vibes to make losers.
    Hell Aub, ULL had some good moments the year we beat them 75-13. They went out and got a real coach.

JBIII is a negative vibe creator - ugh

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe
    are you really going to the game?

geesh
    Yeah, I'm going and will probably take the fam. along with a few others. I'll probably just sit there kind of numb. Sort of like I sat through the entire Rice game last year.

As much as I am fed up with Bicknell, his staff, Oakes, and Reneau, there's just something there that makes me want to be at the games. But it's sure not getting any easier.

HD summed it up pretty well when he said, "this is not the kind of football I want to follow." Me either, but it's all we got for now.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg
    Yeah, I'm going and will probably take the fam. along with a few others. I'll probably just sit there kind of numb. Sort of like I sat through the entire Rice game last year.

As much as I am fed up with Bicknell, his staff, Oakes, and Reneau, there's just something there that makes me want to be at the games. But it's sure not getting any easier.

HD summed it up pretty well when he said, "this is not the kind of football I want to follow." Me either, but it's all we got for now.
    you get the dedication and endurance fan award for 2004

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: 4 tickets for Tulsa - I'll pay you to take 'em

Sometimes, it sounds as though most people believe we are playing against AIR!

Hawaii had a good, loud crowd in their huge stadium despite their humiliating loss at Boise last week. Are we less loyal than those people? They could have all stayed home and watched it on TV, I believe, and missed being out in the rain.

They are looking at nothing but having their local team in that stadium for a post-season game, not whether June Jones should be fired for last week's loss at Boise, etc.

I get a thrill just seeing the Tech helmet on my television set and knowing there is a chance to win.

I spent so many years working on weekends and being unable to attend or hear games on the radio or even get the score of late games that I envy all you people who are only an hour or two away on a relatively flat four-lane highway.
    Please be in Shreveport and make sure the crowd is loud when Tulsa is trying to call signals!

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

I would actually go if I could. Not for the game, but for the tailgating and time with friends.

Is it time to bring out the black shirts?

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Black shirts is a good idea.

What about paper bags over our heads ??

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique
    Sometimes, it sounds as though most people believe we are playing against AIR!

Hawaii had a good, loud crowd in their huge stadium despite their humiliating loss at Boise last week. Are we less loyal than those people? They could have all stayed home and watched it on TV, I believe, and missed being out in the rain.

They are looking at nothing but having their local team in that stadium for a post-season game, not whether June Jones should be fired for last week's loss at Boise, etc.
    Hawaii fans have also had the good fortune to watch their team go to Bowl games in each of the last several years. They've had allot to cheer about. We haven't.

By the way, enough already with the accolades directed at Hawaii fans. I watched the first 3 quarters of this game on my TV and Hawaii's support was EXTREMELY WEAK, at best. There is NO WAY there were more than 15K fans attending that game. Oh, I'm sure some jerk will say that 60K attended the game, but if they did, they were all dressed to look like empty chairs.

HD

Big Dog macp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nicemacp38 is just really nice macp38's Avatar

Don't think it's going to happen, Aub. Too many memories of last year. I am going but it is to support the seniors. This is ugly. I am happy for Moats. I hope he continues to make great numbers without injury and he has been enough to make my season, kind of like going to support Scobee last year.

Administrator EJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud ofEJ has much to be proud of EJ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    Black shirts is a good idea.

What about paper bags over our heads ??
    I can't take credit for the Black Shirts... that belongs to someone else.

I also thought about the paper bags, but I think the players deserve better. The black shirts allow a statement to be made without persecuting the players.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macp38
    Don't think it's going to happen, Aub. Too many memories of last year. I am going but it is to support the seniors. This is ugly. I am happy for Moats. I hope he continues to make great numbers without injury and he has been enough to make my season, kind of like going to support Scobee last year.
    And that's ANOTHER thing that's starting to piss me off. It almost looks as if Tech doesn't care whether or not we win the game as long as we get Ryan Moats his stats. That SUCKS!

I'm a big Moats fan, but we shouldn't be "chasing stats" instead of WINS, which is obviously what we are now doing. Bicknell ran Moats to death tonight. He should have given Franklin more of the workload. I thought Franklin looked good toinght, but was teribly UNDERUSED. Franklin certainly had more energy than Moats in the 4th quarter.

Honestly, late in the game, I thought Bicknell was more interested in getting Moats another TD than he was in getting TECH another TD.

HD

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EJ
    I can't take credit for the Black Shirts... that belongs to someone else.

I also though about the paper bags, but I think the players deserve better. The black shirts allow a statement to be made without persecuting the players.
    Yeah, I'd just stay away before I wore a paper bag over my head. Would a bunch of "HELP JACK PACK" signs in the stands at the Tulsa game be persecuting the players ??

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg
    I can't believe the people on this board that are satisfied with losing. There are a couple of folks on here who need to get a skirt and pom-pons. Of course, I'm sure these are the same folks who voted for Kerry on Tuesday... they're used to losing.
    Don't insult guys like Champion110 and Champ967 - they may be a little misguided in the political arena, but they DEFINITELY have it right on football. Aub speaks for VERY few on this board in his PolyAnna view of the team/coaching situation.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Wink Re: 4 tickets for Tulsa - I'll pay you to take 'em

You know I didnt vote for Kerry, markay!

Nader-ites everywhere agree .... HELP JACK PACK!!!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

"I can't believe the people on this board that are satisfied with losing. There are a couple of folks on here who need to get a skirt and pom-pons. Of course, I'm sure these are the same folks who voted for Kerry on Tuesday"... they're used to losing, mildawg wrote.

mildawg, No one here is SATISFIED with losing! But withdrawing support when the team needs support the most is not the sign of a friend or a fan.

People didn't vote for Kerry to support the loser.
    They voted to try to change some REAL problems, not to try to pretend things are going well or that preventing people with unusual sexual persuasions from marrying or desperate pregnant women from getting an abortion would somehow make up for a gigantic federal deficit or a seemingly misdirected, ineffective and life-destroying war or a medical system that millions can't afford or a government attack on the environment that will reduce the quality of life for generations are all acceptable! You could have gone to the political board to make that sort of comment, you know!

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967
    You know I didnt vote for Kerry, markay!

Nader-ites everywhere agree .... HELP JACK PACK!!!
    I know, but I didn't want you to get lumped in with the non-Bush people on this. I'm with you there, Brother - HELP JACK PACK!!! If he had some pride he'd just resign in the face of doing such an awful job so many years in a row.

+ Reply to Thread