+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fire Conroy?

Puppy kabo11 is an unknown

Fire Conroy?

I hear all the fire Bicknell talk, but the play calling all year long has been terrible. Bicknell should take a lot of responsibility for this, but Conroy is a horrible OC.

Champ DawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond reputeDawgFaninHous has a reputation beyond repute DawgFaninHous's Avatar

Re: Fire Conroy?

Quote Originally Posted by kabo11
    I hear all the fire Bicknell talk, but the play calling all year long has been terrible. Bicknell should take a lot of responsibility for this, but Conroy is a horrible OC.
    Welcome to the party....... that has been said for years, then we throw to the tight end a couple of times and people forgive and forget. I would hope that the next head coach comes either with a bona fide OC or he finds one of the many ex-dawgs that know offensive football and how it is played. I can think of three good ones: Tilley, Carr, or even Dunnigan (who by the way may make a great HC).......

DFiH

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kabo11
    Because CONRAD has the big donors in his back pocket.....he is here to stay even if a coaching change is made. Might not be OC but he will be on the staff.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I vote Dunnigan as Head coach. I can't see wasting his talents as just an OC especially coming from a prestigeous job in the CFL.

A relative of mine played with Matt at Tech and has repeatedly said what a ferocious competitor he was. I can't imagine anyone out working Dunnigan as every coach we face does against JBIII.

Someone call Canada now and let Dunnigan know we have a coaching job coming open soon - very soon!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    Because CONRAD has the big donors in his back pocket.....he is here to stay even if a coaching change is made. Might not be OC but he will be on the staff.
    I've heard the same thing - what a shame that one person can get such a free pass, especially when you consider how poorly he does his job.

I've never really understood why any OC would want to be on the sideline. For one thing you can't see the field as well and certainly can't see the big picture. It also makes you too vulnerable to input from other coaches and maybe even players.

I know someone would argue that it puts you in the game, true but that may not be a good thing either.

I can't figure out who is worse Hines or Bicknell. I know that together they are terrible, so I guess the only sure fire sollution is a two-for-one deal...lose them both!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Everytime I see Dunigan's name mentioned I flashback to that cannon he called a right arm. If you never saw him play, you missed a truly great QB with the strongest arm I've ever seen in person. And, no, I never saw Bradshaw in person, only on TV.

I honestly don't know how good of a headcoach he'd make. I know he's a firery competitor, but it takes more than that to be a successful coach. I do think, however, that he'd bring back "vintage Tech football." The kind we played when he was here, and that alone would be a positive step.

Heck, I'll be happy if the name of the headcoach for Tech next season is anyone but Jack Bicknell.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

If he's got to stay maybe he can have JO's job. If changes are not made he should go as well.

Champ Bigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond reputeBigdog13 has a reputation beyond repute Bigdog13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80
    Everytime I see Dunigan's name mentioned I flashback to that cannon he called a right arm. If you never saw him play, you missed a truly great QB with the strongest arm I've ever seen in person. And, no, I never saw Bradshaw in person, only on TV.

I honestly don't know how good of a headcoach he'd make. I know he's a firery competitor, but it takes more than that to be a successful coach. I do think, however, that he'd bring back "vintage Tech football." The kind we played when he was here, and that alone would be a positive step.

Heck, I'll be happy if the name of the headcoach for Tech next season is anyone but Jack Bicknell.
    I wonder if Dunigan would be a good A.D.?

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg
    If I were a head coach candidate and didn't have total freedom to make all staff decisions, I would say "No thanks" before an offer could me made.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck
    If I were a head coach candidate and didn't have total freedom to make all staff decisions, I would say "No thanks" before an offer could me made.
    And now you see why Bicknell was the third choice behind
    1) Mazzone
    2) Burns

Champ playdablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of lightplaydablues is a glorious beacon of light playdablues's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog13
    I wonder if Dunigan would be a good A.D.?
    In my Tech Dreamworld, I wonder if Coach Sim would be a good one.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

[QUOTE=Bone_afide_Dawg]I've never really understood why any OC would want to be on the sideline. For one thing you can't see the field as well and certainly can't see the big picture. It also makes you too vulnerable to input from other coaches and maybe even players.[QUOTE=Bone_afide_Dawg]

Just to let you know, Conroy's in the press box.

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

Does anyone know for a fact that Conroy is calling the plays? From what I understand JB3 always overrules his calls. I really don't like having a coach on our staff because he kisses a lot of ass, for that reason I would not mind Conroy leaving.

+ Reply to Thread