+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3rd and Long

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

3rd and Long

I am continually amazed at how many times we give up the first down when we get an opponent in 3rd and long. If its 3rd and 8 or longer, it seems like its automatically going to be a first down for the other team. Do our statisticians keep track of info like this. I'd really like to know how bad it really is.

Champ altadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her gamealtadawg is on top of his/her game

Re: 3rd and Long

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg
    I am continually amazed at how many times we give up the first down when we get an opponent in 3rd and long. If its 3rd and 8 or longer, it seems like its automatically going to be a first down for the other team. Do our statisticians keep track of info like this. I'd really like to know how bad it really is.
    What a joke. We rush 5 guys and can't get within 5 yards of the QB. Because we blitz 2 in those situations and cant get to the QB, there will ALWAYS be someone wide open with our secondary.

Earlier this year many of us thought that the defense was vastly improved. I withdrawl that opinion.

+ Reply to Thread