+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sponsorship Question...

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Sponsorship Question...

Just wondering out loud to those of you on the inside.

What does it actually entail when a business(es) sponsors a game? How much money are they spending? Are they responsible for helping to market the game? What do they actually DO when sponsoring a game?

KTBS and The Times sponsored the game last night in Shreveport. Just wondering what they did to "sponsor" the game.

Any replies are welcome. I am quite curious.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Re: Sponsorship Question...

I am interested to find out what is invlovled as well.

I can tell you what a BENEFICIAL and SUCCESSFUL sponsorship is for BOTH parties in my experience in selling tickets and entertaining. But I would like to hear what our sponsorship set up is.

Martie

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The News-Star is a sponsor and I've been told by more than one person that no money changes hands. I've seen what the News-Star has done for Tech Athletics for the past several years. Cheesy blurbs run three times per week on page two of the sports section on home game weeks. That's it! In return the News-Star is named "The Official Newspaper of Tech Athletics" and they walk out on the field at half time to recieve a ball from Jim Oakes. I'm guessing it was the same with the Times. At least the Times actually did a feature on Gitmo. You will NEVER see this kind of thing done in the News-Star as long as nlulm is still playing.

Give us the run down of what a beneficial and successful partnership for both parties would be.

2005 & 2006 Pick 'Em Champion oledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant futureoledawg66 has a brilliant future oledawg66's Avatar

If that is the best we can do for sponsors, no wonder everyone else is racing past us.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oledawg66
    If that is the best we can do for sponsors, no wonder everyone else is racing past us.
    Why can't we get CenturyTel as a sponsor? You used to know everybody at CenturyTel. What happened?

Champ Dawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her gameDawg04 is on top of his/her game Dawg04's Avatar

Bruce Hanks (former AD at ULM) is on the Board of Directors.

Champ killerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nicekillerdawg is just really nice killerdawg's Avatar

The CEO was a Tech grad. Is that history?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg04
    Bruce Hanks (former AD at ULM) is on the Board of Directors.
    If there is a true relationship, then it doens't matter, or shouldn't matter.

I will post some things in the next week or so on Sponsorship when time permits me to be thorough.

+ Reply to Thread