+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enough Talk.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: Enough Talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman
    NadB I read your post and I guess you think I am Bicknell, you are as clueless to who I am as most of your post.
    Believe me, it doesn't matter, I don't care ..................................

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

Great, you just kept calling me Jack and such, wanted to let you know you are wrong, probably a first for you, your post are a waste of energy, for you to type and for me to read.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

I give and Support La. Tech period. This message board is 90% negative. It is a shame when everybody else that visits our campus, watches us play can note several positives but this board can't. I spent some time in Auburn after the game, the people there had alot of good things to say about us and so did the people from Tulsa I talked to. I do not think an 11-0 season would change people's opinion on Coach Bicknell.
    Of course the people in Auburn had good things to say about tech, they had just whipped our ass by 45 points.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I give and Support La. Tech period. This message board is 90% negative. It is a shame when everybody else that visits our campus, watches us play can note several positives but this board can't. I spent some time in Auburn after the game, the people there had alot of good things to say about us and so did the people from Tulsa I talked to. I do not think an 11-0 season would change people's opinion on Coach Bicknell.
    I understand your point, and I will continue to give, but we are consumers. I know we're fans and all that, but we are consumers too. That's why I intend to keep giving...so I'll have a say in what happens. As a fan and a consumer, I'm displeased with how things are going. I'll support tech, I'll support the players, but that's a totally different issue than keeping my mouth shut while I watch an inept coach drive a program further from its goal.

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

I am not donating what little money I give to Champs this year if I don't see an athletic plan. Jim Oakes has until December 31 for me to write a check to Champs for this year. All he has to do is reveal some type of athletic plan or direction for the future. I was planning on doubling my donation this year, but it looks as if that money will go another worthy charitable organization because Jim isn't going to make that happen.

I can't say about the season tickets yet. DR will decide that after the season.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Ditto Dawgbitten! For years I have bought season tix, given to CHAMPS, through this board I have given, not to mention other causes throughout the year where you give $100 here and there. I've had enough! I want to see a plan or I will do exactly what Dwayne is talking about in another thread. Two great examples of coaches trying to BETTER the program and RECRUIT and SELL TECH: Coach SIM and GENE HALL! Coach Sim has the baseball field looking better than I've ever seen it! And he's trying to install chairbacks (with not much help from the admin) and promote the program. HE DESERVES our support. Gene Hall has started the EAGLE CLUB for golf. He raised over $30,000 in one week for the golf program! And our AD tried to take that away from him and put it in the general fund!! I will redirect my funds to programs WHO SHOW ME A PLAN to make our athletic program better!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Oakes not supporting baseball's move to chairbacks.

Coach Simoneaux told me this is not true. This whole notion stems from the deadline Simoneaux was given to sell all of them. Wade told me a deadline had to be established. The first games are what, three months from now? He said it will be very difficult to get everything done. He is planning on making it happen, but he said the deadline was an absolute must.

2005 NFL Survivor Contest Champion RXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of lightRXDAWG is a glorious beacon of light RXDAWG's Avatar

Tech 77, Please don't read that incorrectly! Coach Sim also told me the deadline was a must to get it done! And I didn't say JO didn't support it. He bought 5 seats himself, I think. The angle I am coming from is Coach Sim should have a whole room of people on the phones calling and getting these sold. He shouldn't have to make those calls himself. I respect him even more for doing so!! The athletic dept. should have the staff to PROMOTE the program. That's all I'm saying! By the way, I talked to Coach Sim this morning and he told me he had 90 chairs left!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    Tech 77, Please don't read that incorrectly! Coach Sim also told me the deadline was a must to get it done! And I didn't say JO didn't support it. He bought 5 seats himself, I think. The angle I am coming from is Coach Sim should have a whole room of people on the phones calling and getting these sold. He shouldn't have to make those calls himself. I respect him even more for doing so!! The athletic dept. should have the staff to PROMOTE the program. That's all I'm saying! By the way, I talked to Coach Sim this morning and he told me he had 90 chairs left!
    You are correct, JO won't let any of the others give much time at all to helping Sim get this done and we have 3-4 college guys working in marketing and sales for season tickets to basketball right now making calls, etc.

NO ONE is helping do this for baseball and coach sim.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RXDAWG
    Gene Hall has started the EAGLE CLUB for golf. He raised over $30,000 in one week for the golf program! And our AD tried to take that away from him and put it in the general fund!! I will redirect my funds to programs WHO SHOW ME A PLAN to make our athletic program better!
    Are you serious? How can we continue to do business like this in our Athletic Department? How do we think we are going to get a decent head coach in any sport when this is the way we do business as usual?

All of these are impossible questions to answer so don't even try......just something to think about.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Having emailed JO a couple of moves ago, inquiring about an athletic. He replied quickly and said that a plan would be issued with the release of whatever athletic review is goin on within the University of Louisiana System. As of now, I am waiting. Hopefully I will not be let down. I figure they are waiting till after football season is over to release the ULS report.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

So what you are saying is it is not nice for these folk on here to voice their opinion because it is all negative, that they should not be critical of coaches or administrations or poor performance? But, it is okay for you to come on here and throw out a "well thought out negativity percentage" for the highest concentration of loyal TECH fans and givers you can find?
    May I request that you spend a little more time evaluating the cause of this "negativity" instead of exercising the very thing you are being critical of??

"90% of BB&B = negative, critical of coaches, administrators and poor performance. WHY????????

Barkman = negative, critical of loyal Tech alumni, students, and fans.
    WHY???????

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You are without a doubt the most negative poster I've seen on this board in a long time. You're even worse than most of the LSU posters. I haven't seen you post anything "nice" yet, other than your weak attempts to defend the indefensible.

Which brings me to my next question. Does anybody on this board even know your idenity? Do you know ANYONE personally that posts regularly on this board? Somebody that some of us know?

If not, then I highly suspect that you are just another Louisiana Tech coach or administrator posing as a "fan" and trying to save your job. Because anybody in their right mind CANNOT be happy with the results of the Tech football program over the past 5 years.

HD

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

No not a coach or represenative of TECH. I have had positive ideas, but no one answers any of my questions. I am a fan, got a degree from TECH. I am not negative. My question is are we better off in the WAC than a more regional conference. I ask questions and because I am not on your side about firing the coach then I must work for TECH. My thoughts are that a less prestigious conference, ie the Sun Belt would suit our athletic department better. I do not understand the decision to agree to move the game to Monday. Some of the reasons were Rice will vote for us if USA expands again, big rip, one vote will not get us in. USA is after major media markets, which we are not. I give money to TECH, support the teams with my attendance, and although I do not agree with every coaching decision made, I feel that players feed off of fans, and that the negative, pessimism can be felt in the atmosphere of games. This hurts our University, which we love. Read SI this week and pay attention to the article on Tuesday Night Lights. Read about Joe Novak. Lost 23 straight, kept his job. I read some of the post and usually do not post because if someone on this board does not share the same opinion, then a enslaught attack occurs. Possible coaches mentioned #1 Hal Mumme( the guy is a crook, Ky on probation and Valdosta State the staute of limitations expired before action could be taken. # 2 Steve Spurrier( come On)#3 Jim Donnan(Please) Do you actually think there is a snowballs chance in hell Spurrier would have come to TECH. Now let me predict your reply Wouldn't hurt to ask? Dream Big. Folks we are a mid-major university. At mid majors you have to promote games with car give aways, raffles etc, I love our University but when have you been to an SEC game where the baseball team is having a raffle? These promotions are what mid-majors are about. At major conferences the game is the promotion. I do not know what percentage of TECH fans won't Bicknell fired, do not know if this site is made up of 10,000 fans who won't Bicknell fired or 1,000. I do know that most posters here would like a coaching change, I feel that most of the coaches mentioned are unrealistic choices, but if you are so positive that the best thing is a change answer these questions. Who would your top three choices be, who should make the choice because you have little respect for our AD and President.Who would you appoint to the commitee to make the choice?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

You spewed a bunch of nonsense, but you still didn't answer my questions.

Does anybody on this board even know your idenity? Do you know ANYONE personally that posts regularly on this board? Somebody that some of us know?

Since you are recommending that Louisiana Tech join the Sunbelt, I'm now more convinced than ever that you are simply a FLAMER from an SBC school posing as a Tech fan. Of course, you can prove me wrong by answering my questions. LOL!

By the way, you also must be in a sports coma. Steve Spurrier has already accepted the South Carolina job.

HD

+ Reply to Thread