+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Market Size" Smoke and Mirrors

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

Re: "Market Size" Smoke and Mirrors

Great Post, DelhiDog.

Thanks for pointing out Tech's TRUE beginnings. After reading Barkman's incorrect statements of how Tech was founded, I was about to respond myself, but Then I saw your post which stated the truth.

Holding both undergraduate and graduate engineering degrees from Tech, I do get a little sensitive when someone refers to it as a teacher's college. I like to think that Tech folks, both current and alums would know just a little bit about the school's history!!!!!

Varsity Bulldog DustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to allDustyDog is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by nadB
    Very astute reasoning, DelhiDog. Would you perhaps be a "Mike" ??
    No, I would be a "Marcus", but thanks for the compliment.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DelhiDog
    No, I would be a "Marcus", but thanks for the compliment.
    close enough, "Marcus", well reasoned and posted.

jmo

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DelhiDog
    First, we are totally agreed on Coach Price.

Second, you pointed out exactly what I said. Namely, that the above mentioned "small market" schools look to and draw from the ENTIRE region. They do not consider themselves to be simply "Oxford market" or "Starkville market", etc. programs.

Third, you pointed out the fact that there are no large airports in Auburn, Oxford, Starkville, Tuscaloosa and others. This must mean that it is not a necessity. BTW, do you consider TCU being near a major commercial airport? I guarantee you that I can get off a plan in Shreveport and be on the Tech campus as fast, if not faster, than I can get from DFW to TCU. Let's not forget that the Monroe airport is even closer. So the time from the airport argument does not wash.

Fourth, I could not AGREE more that we need to get into a regional conference (that isn't the Sun Belt). That is the reason for my post. We need to do a better job of destroying the "myths of market" regarding travel access. If SEC teams don't mind "bussing" from one game to another, as you pointed out, then why is there so much fuss about Ruston not having a major airport? Busses can get into Ruston quite well.

Fifth, as point of correction: Tech was not founded to be a teacher's college. You are thinking of Northwestern. Tech was founded as Louisiana Industrial Institute in 1894. If you read that law that brought Tech into being you will see that it was established to be a STATEWIDE institution - not a junior college or state regional school. Tech's original focus was Engineering and Business just as it is today. Moreover, we do have thousands of highly paid engineers, CPAs, CEOs, and architects, as well as many other successful grads. No, not as many in number as an Auburn, but I already conceded that Tech's support level is not, and will not, be on par with an Auburn. However, it can become so much greater than it is.

My point is that our administration does, however, need to take on the mindset of southern regional - even national - interest, and do what it can to destroy the "double standards" of market arguments levied at us.
    Great post DelhiDog! I see it went right over Barkman's head.

HD

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barkman
    What can you do for our conference financialy? The answer from us is not much. We have agreat institution, competitive in all sports, but S'Port is not a sports town. NO SPONSOR for Indy Bowl. These are all negative factors for us.
    Boo hoo! Poor poor pitful you.

You can cut the act now. You've been EXPOSED! It's pretty obvious now that you are just another FLAMER!

First, you've repeatedly preached that Tech should keep Bicknell as coach. (That was a dead giveaway that you are a flamer!) No Tech fan in their right mind is happy with Bicknell as coach.

Next, you thought Louisiana Tech was founded as a "teacher's college", when it's obvious to any grad that Tech was founded as an Engineering and B-school. And you followed that up by telling everybody that Shreveport is not a "sports town", and that Tech is facing all these "negative factors".

I'm just wondering how long it will be before everybody else on the BB&B catches on to your act.

HD

BleedTechBlue Barkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really niceBarkman is just really nice Barkman's Avatar

I apologize on the error on the founding of TECH. I would be curious to know what percentage of Tech graduates are teachers. I graduated from another institution before TECH and at that institution I met a young lady who told me TECH was a teacher's college. I took this information for granted and the coincidence of all coincidences is that several years later I got a job in the area and pursued another degree at TECH. No I did not marry that girl. I took this info for granted I apologize for this error. I am a Tech fan, maybe not as long as you have been, I am raising my children to be TECH fans, now you all talk about getting young fans, and raising TECH fans I am doing that but because my opinions are different and Hog Dawg does not know my identity so I must validate myself. I am a Tech fan married a TECH girl and go to almost all the games I can.

I am raising my children to be TECH fans, now you all talk about getting young fans, and raising TECH fans I am doing that but because my opinions are different and Hog Dawg does not know my identity so I must validate myself. I am a Tech fan married a TECH girl and go to almost all the games I can.

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Poor Barkman. Somebody please grab a crying towel for this Sunbelt flamer, a/k/a "Barkman". It appears that until HogDawg "validates" Barkman's identity, he doesn't really exist.

For the record, I never asked you to publish your name --or your identity-- on the BB&B. I simply asked you to tell us the BB&B posting name (e.g., Dawg80, DwaynefromMinden, etc...) of ANYBODY you know personally on this board. Of course, you couldn't produce this info so you've now been EXPOSED as nothing more than a lowly Sunbelt flamer.

Don't blame me. Blame yourself. This is what happens when you get exposed as an imposter.

HD

Champ Bill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the roughBill Pup60 is a jewel in the rough

I apologize on the error on the founding of TECH. I would be curious to know what percentage of Tech graduates are teachers. I graduated from another institution before TECH and at that institution I met a young lady who told me TECH was a teacher's college. I took this information for granted and the coincidence of all coincidences is that several years later I got a job in the area and pursued another degree at TECH. No I did not marry that girl. I took this info for granted I apologize for this error.
    Since you supposedly wound up marrying a Tech girl and going to Tech yourself, I find it incredulous that you would have any thught that Tech was a "Teacher's College." Of course, there are lots of very good teachers who graduated from Tech. My wife happens to be one. BTW, her BS degrees from Tech are in Business, Chemistry, and Biology! Her graduate degrees are from San Deigo State. She has lifetime national certification for teaching in those subjects in California, Colorado, Texas, and Pennslvania!!!

Very good teachers can originate form Tech, but the emphasis now, as always, has been on engineering, science, and business!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread