+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shocking stat tells all......

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Shocking stat tells all......

Quote Originally Posted by TECH88
    Unbelievable stat here folks: Our starting Tight Ends, Aaron Capps (6-6, 260lbs) and Anthony James (6-8, 250lbs) have a combined total of 5 catches for 51 yards and no Touchdowns through 11 games!!!

Capps 2 Rec 19 yds 0 TD 11 gms
    James 3 Rec 32 yds 0 TD 11 gms
    I watched the BSU-LA Tech game yesterday with Aaron Capps' parents. I don't think I'm talking "out of school" when I say Archie Capps (Aaron's dad) is VERY upset with Conroy Hines and his inability to get Aaron the football on occassion. In fact, Archie told me that he confronted Hines about this very subject last week.

I won't say any more than that because it wouldn't be fair to the Capps'. They are fine people and they just want the best for their son and his team.

But I WILL say that I have been told by OTHER people extremely close to the Tech football program that MANY of the Tech football players are actually LOOKING FORWARD to Bicknell's firing. Folks, that's not good. It would be foolish for Jim Oakes to continue letting this kind of hatred for the head coach fester in the program.

HD

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Can the TE's catch? Please tell me why we haven't thrown to them this year when the receivers can't catch a cold. With big targets like that even with hands of stone they would at least shake things up a little passing in that direction. I heard the announcers yesterday talking about Bicknell thinking our receivers were good - I don't think so. Even if they are the TE can be a nice change to mix things up.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken
    Please tell me why we haven't thrown to them this year when the receivers can't catch a cold.
    Because of offensive coordinator Conroy Hines. He's just not real smart. And here's an example:

In the first half of yesterday's LA Tech-BSU game, without a doubt the most successful play for Tech was the QB keeper to the "backside" after Kubik had faked a handoff to Moats on the opposite side. That one play worked again, and again, and again. In fact, it worked so well that Kubik scored 1 TD and picked up several key first downs with it. BSU stopped the play for no gain only ONCE the entire half.

Yet, despite all that success, Hines never ran the play again. That's right.....after halftime Hines NEVER AGAIN ran Tech's MOST SUCCESSFUL offensive play during the entire 2nd half. He didn't even TRY it!

I swear, after watchig that, I honestly felt as if Hines was pulling AGAINST us instead of for us.

HD

Varsity Bulldog gbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around heregbg001 isn't thought very highly of around here

IN other words, Jerknell thinks halftime adjustments are overrated and Hines is the complete opposite. I guess its kinda like when we'd select a President and whoever came in second would be Vice-president. Contrasting opinions are never good when both of them are wrong!
    Under every Bush there is dirt. :icon_wink

Champ Reddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of lightReddawg is a glorious beacon of light

"Looking forward to Bicknell's Firing"......Is that a ray of hope?? Do the players know something is coming??

Reddawg
    We're gonna miss you dawgpound!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T_Won
    Nope. If Bicknell goes down, it is because he never could put together a competitive defense. Our offense has been at least average, probably better than average during his tenure. His defenses never gave us a chance to win games.
    Tman, our offense has been going downhill since JB3 has been the coach. Didn't you hear his excuse about "that type" offense not working anymore. He said that was the reason we had gone to a more run oriented type offense. I almost had a wreck when I heard that! He didn't mention the fact that we couldn't recruit a blue chip QB or that he "discovered" Gitmo because of a pool cue.

I do agree about defense, but he learned under Crowton, who admits that defense is not important to him.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg
    I swear, after watchig that, I honestly felt as if Hines was pulling AGAINST us instead of for us.

HD
    I probably should not state this but a number of us have discussed that exact topic for some time. However, it always seemed as if it was more along the lines of against JBIII instead of for JBIII if you get the picture. It has just never been posted on BB&B that I am aware of and maybe should have been left alone even now. I might actually come back and delete this post. It has been a long weekend. Sorry!
    Last edited by TYLERTECHSAS; 11-22-2004 at 12:26 AM.

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

There is so much more to the Players Looking forward to his firing. It has been this way for at least 3 seasons. At least.

Varsity Bulldog DawginBR is an unknown

Does anyone know if the "Players" info is accurate?

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DawginBR
    Does anyone know if the "Players" info is accurate?
    Yes ... I don't know how many total players ... but I do know of "players."

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Tech coach Jack Bicknell said. "It's hard to believe that happened to us in the second half.":rolleyes4

+ Reply to Thread