+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Artest Suspension....

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

Re: Artest Suspension....

So what you are saying is there can be no fan to player interaction on the field or court at anytime because it may fuel the urge of a player to knocj the living crap out of a fan, or could it possibly be that over and over we see the same names in professional athletics that pop up with disciplinary problems.

That's right kids, no more meeting your favorite athlete or getting autographs anymore, because you never truly know when a superstar athlete will haul off and beat the crap out of you.

And that Detroit fan (in the video) showed no ill will toward Artest. He did not make an aggressive move towards him, but he got cold cocked just the same. You see part of the problem here is people have the gall to stand up for these NBA players, and while a fews fans were out of line, none of them deserved to be physically assaulted whether on or off the court, and for that the DA and lawyers will be making the Detroit Pistons Organization and the involved players pay bigger. I hope Artest and Jackson put some money away in a cookie jar, they will need it.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bossdawg
    Are you kidding me! A multi-million dollar finely tuned well trained world class athlete jacks a fan in the face and should not get punished.

That kind of thinking is what's wrong these days. Those a$$holes should be thanking whoever they thank that I am not the league commish. You throw a punch at a fan and you butt is gone, bye, bye. Don't apply next year.

If Arrtest doesn't ask like an ass, and lay down on the scorers table and act like a 2 year-old, nothing probly ever gets started.

I am sure the fans will be prosecuted by the DA in Detroit, as such has already been said and rightly so. But a professional athlete has no right to act like that I don't care what the circumstances toward a fan, and any who try to defend their actions are just as luny.
    I never said not punished, just that 25 games is too many. When a spectator steps onto the court in that situation he has what is coming to him. You can say all you want about letting security deal with it, but at that point as a player you have to assume that security can not. I saw it live and at no point did I feel security had control of the situation.

It is ashame that the NBA does not have the guts to deal with the fans the same way they did these players. What sucks is that Detroit fans are the ones that get off easy on this one, it is the Indiana that do not.

I don't disagree with Artest and Jackson suspensions, but I never say Oneal in the stands throwing fist, so I can not agree with his.

Champ Bossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really niceBossdawg is just really nice Bossdawg's Avatar

So what you are saying is that if I step onto a basketball court and I stand around watching something, I can expect an NBA basketball player to assault me. And you agree with this and are defending their actions? Did you ever see a fan (because you were there and I was not) throw a punch at a player first?

I believe Pollard said he was appauled at what he saw from his own teammates, and did not get involved and said at no time did he ever feel threatened by any fan and he had a Pacers uniform on. But in your belief Pollard could have beat the dog snot out of a fan on the court and in your eyes he would have been justified.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

AS to the fan in question -

1) Part of the melee had already taken place, he was not seeking an autograph or a high five -

2) Based on most interpetations he was TRESPASSING -

Either way you look at it the fan on the court was in the WRONG, much like the players going into the stands were wrong -

There are NO gray areas as to those two areas

If Artest wanted to go off on someone he should have looked up Ben Wallace - because Ben was the one who punked him - not the guy who lobed the cup of ice on him while he was lying on the scorers table -

If that fan goes onto the field in baseball he is ARRESTED, same thing in football or hockey -

And let's face it too much alcohol makes 5 ft 5 hotheads into drunk 5ft 5 hotheads who think they are 8ft 3...

There is equal blame to go around - and so far everyone has gotten their just rewards EXCEPT for the few fans who crossed the line
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

The DA has already publicly stated that those fans involved in any illegal action would be prosecutted. It would be some time to discover all of the facts about the cases and to review all of the video tape. I don't think those fans are getting off easy unless the DA does not hold true to his statement, and the Detroit organization has also publically said they would files charges on those fans they felt warrented legal action against.

I never said the fans were to hold blameless, but do not look to me for sympathy when a basketball player with a history gets suspended big time for punching a fan out on the court. Like he was acting in self defense or his life was in danger, c'mon.

Big Dog b_hoss_mac is an unknown

So what you are saying is that if I step onto a basketball court and I stand around watching something, I can expect an NBA basketball player to assault me. And you agree with this and are defending their actions? Did you ever see a fan (because you were there and I was not) throw a punch at a player first?

I believe Pollard said he was appauled at what he saw from his own teammates, and did not get involved and said at no time did he ever feel threatened by any fan and he had a Pacers uniform on. But in your belief Pollard could have beat the dog snot out of a fan on the court and in your eyes he would have been justified.
    Boss,

You are missing the ENTIRE point ... go back and look at the replay.

Here's why O'NEAL should not have been suspended one single game ...

Artest came back on the court and a fan in a Pistons jersey stepped to him and looked like he was about to punch him. Artest hits him first with a preemptive strike. Then Pistons fan A tackles Artest and Pistons fan B jumps in. That's when O'Neal flies in and cold-cocks Pistons fan B. All he was doing was defending his teammate.

These were not FREAKING innocent bystanders on the court. They were thugs and got what they deserved!!!!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by b_hoss_mac
    Boss,

You are missing the ENTIRE point ... go back and look at the replay.

Here's why O'NEAL should not have been suspended one single game ...

Artest came back on the court and a fan in a Pistons jersey stepped to him and looked like he was about to punch him. Artest hits him first with a preemptive strike. Then Pistons fan A tackles Artest and Pistons fan B jumps in. That's when O'Neal flies in and cold-cocks Pistons fan B. All he was doing was defending his teammate.

These were not FREAKING innocent bystanders on the court. They were thugs and got what they deserved!!!!
    Hey, no problem, just two gangs of thugs working it out.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Yea, I was the dumb ass that Oneal punched.
    Maybe I should have said live on ESPN.

Read b_hoss_mac post. It was clear that some fans on the court had intentions of fighting some of the Pacers.

I have been on the court after several big wins, none more crazy than NC State and Duke. Had my buddy Will decided to fight JJ Redick and I had been standing there, I think every Duke player has a right to defend their player. When a fan steps on the court, he is at his own risk.

Had there been no incident before Oneal decided to drop the guy, I would feel different.

Maybe you can tell me how many Detroit fans were barred from the game last night.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just ditch the NBA for 1 year. Who cares!

+ Reply to Thread