+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crowton

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Re: Crowton

Shark, I gave you some green.

Varsity Bulldog finndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around herefinndawg has turned a few heads around here

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgbitten
    Shark, I gave you some green.
    Good looking out...

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

You guys can end this dicussion because he will not get the job at La Tech for several reasons:

The way he left the school

The way he always held other jobs over the administration--black male

He can't recruit

His defense sucks

His ass. coaches suck, i.e. Bicknell

If he can't win at BYU what makes you think he can win at Tech

Central Florida, Tulane, UL-L are just a couple of his lop-side defeats

He will never coach at Tech again

Varsity Bulldog LBP is on the way down

JRP, recruited Troy Edwards, not Crowton. We can do a lot better than Crowton. Crowton is the same as Bicknel, but only as a reputation as a supposed offensivive genius, which has been proven a bunch of crap. A Jr. High assistant coach would be better for us than Crowton. We should hire Matt Dunningan or Chris Hatcher to be our next coach. Both of them we can get and they are both much better than Ron Zook, R.C. Sloccum, Gary Crowton or any other fired BCS coach that a lot of you want to hire.

Champ T_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond reputeT_Won has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech XXIX
    You apparently don't know Crowton. Was he a players coach? Yes, he let the players do what ever they wanted and he also had no discipline.
    I think I mentioned both your observations.

Champ Tdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the roughTdawg87 is a jewel in the rough Tdawg87's Avatar

Seems to me untill JBIII is gone..we don't even need to be talking about this!!!...JMO..though...

However, if we are talking about a new coach...shouldn't we hire someone that KNOWS how to coach BOTH sides of the ball...I vote a BIG NO to Crowton!

HAPPY Thanksgiving to all!!!

Champ GrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to allGrassyNoleHitman is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by glm47
    Not just no, but HELL NO to Crowton.

Chris Hatcher.
    unfortunately for Tech it may be too late for Hatcher. a friend close to the FSU sthletic department has informed me that FSU's OC will be reassigned to an administrative role and that the QB coach will be fired. apparently they are going to sign Hatcher as the OC and QB coach. this will give him about 4 to 5 years to see if he can be the next head coach for the noles. of course he would have to prove himself as OC to be considered, but if he does well, it puts his name at the top of the short list to replace Bowden.

if true Tech needs to look elsewhere. i could suggest Jacksonville State head football coach Jack Crowe. he was the Ohio Valley Conference coach of the year.

JSU's Crowe Earns OVC Coach of the Year Honors
    Jacksonville State head football coach Jack Crowe was named Coach of the Year and eight players have been selected to represent the Gamecocks on the 2004 All-Ohio Valley Conference Teams.

Crowe was named Coach of the Year after guiding the Gamecocks to their best record since entering Division I-AA and their second straight Ohio Valley Conference Football title.
    http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/art...rticleid=63966

http://www.jsugamecocksports.com/sec...23&sportid=214

i think that Hatcher had more long term potential than Crowe because i think Crowe would use Tech as a stepping stone for a bigger job. but he can't get a bigger job unless he wins at Tech, right?

THE JACK CROWE FILE

2000-03 Jacksonville State University
    Head Football Coach
    Record: 22-22
    1993-95 Baylor University
    Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 19-14 – 1994 SWC Champs (note, he led Baylor's offence to a SWC championship)
    1989-92 University of Arkansas
    Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 19-14 – 1989 SWC Champs
    1986-88 Clemson University
    Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 29-6-1 – 1986, ’87, ’88 ACC Champs
    1982-85 Auburn University
    Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 37-12 – 1983 SEC Champs
    1980-81 University of Wyoming
    Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 8-3
    1978-80 University of North Alabama
    Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 17-7 – 1980 GSC, NCAA Mideast Champs
    1973-78 Livingston University
    Head Coach/Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 35-31 – 1975 NCAA Mideast Champs
    1970-72 Oxford High School
    Offensive Coordinator
    Record: 21-1-1 – 1971, ’72 Conference Champs

Champ BIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really niceBIG DOG28 is just really nice

These guys do not understand that an OC job at a school like FSU is more attractive to young coaches then the head job at Tech working for Jim Oakes! They will figure it out!

Champ Dawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the roughDawgbitten is a jewel in the rough Dawgbitten's Avatar

Hitman, if what you say is true, that sucks for us!

If we would have pulled the trigger last year, we may have had a shot.

FSU knows a good thing when they see it.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I'll take Hal Mumme over Jack Crowe anyday if we can't get Hatcher.

+ Reply to Thread